Booth - Weiss - Olesz

Higgins - Matthias - Bernier

Stillman - Reasoner - Dvorak

Reinprecht - Santorelli - Hordichuk

McCabe - Kulikov

Allen - Wideman

Garrison - Weaver

Vokoun in net as reported above.

As for the Habs, Markov likely replacing Picard, making the pairings as follows:

Markov-Subban

Hamrlik-Spacek

Gill-Gorges

I doubt Markov plays with Subban. Martin will likely split the 2 offensive wizards.

Those were the pairings they used at practice the other day, though your suggestions certainly make sense.

Do you think Markov will get first pairing minutes or does he need to build up to that?

My guess is that he'll see 20+ minutes, but probably not the 25 or so we're used to seeing over the years. Though with a couple days off coming up, maybe they will throw him into the fire.

Markov with Subban is a good decision. Doesn't make sense to me to split the two remaining pairs -- Spacek and Hamrlik are used to play together, Gorges and Hill as well.

It was obvious that O'Byrne and Picard would seat the first game of Markov's return in the line-up. And now that Markov and Subban will get the big share of the defensive load, it gives options to Martin to use the remaining defensemen against weaker opponents. The results should be a better mix of defense and offense for the Habs.

Edited by JCPetit

Chances that #panthers Stephen Weiss (ankle) miss the game are high. He injured himself playing soccer before morning skate.

tweet from Renaud Lavoie

I wonder if that was indeed an injury from this morning, or if it was from their group outing yesterday, when the Panthers opted to play soccer at the Habs practice facility.

I hope it is Markov Subban. PK could benefit from the time with Andre. He still is learning and who better to be paired with? I expect them to be our top pairing for quite some time. Maybe split the offense eventually, but for now don't break up the pairings. So glad to hear our lineup will finally be fully dressed for a game. When did that last happen?

I am hoping the team doesn't take it easy tonight, figuring they have a sure win with Markov's return and a struggling Panther squad. If we take it easy on these guys we will take it on the chin. Play as we did last home game and we crush them.

GO HABS GO!!!

7-1 Montreal ?

2-1 Florida ?

Markov with Subban is a good decision. Doesn't make sense to me to split the two remaining pairs -- Spacek and Hamrlik are used to play together, Gorges and Hill as well.

It was obvious that O'Byrne and Picard would seat the first game of Markov's return in the line-up. And now that Markov and Subban will get th big share of the defensive load, it gives options to Martin to use the remaining defensemen against weaker opponents. The results should be a better mix of defense and offense for the Habs.

It isn't that obvious to me. I thought O'byrne might be a consideration given how valuable Markov is to the franchise, to run shotgun until Markov got his feet under him. If I were the opposition, I would be running him as much as I could coming off an injury, and testing if he is up to game speed. It sounds like he is ready to go.

It isn't that obvious to me. I thought O'byrne might be a consideration given how valuable Markov is to the franchise, to run shotgun until Markov got his feet under him. If I were the opposition, I would be running him as much as I could coming off an injury, and testing if he is up to game speed. It sounds like he is ready to go.

As much as the opposition will want to try to run Andrei Markov, when was the last time you remember seeing him get truly hammered along the boards. He may have been injured often over the past twelve months, but they were almost freak occurrences. Besides, he really is a natural, I expect him to transition almost seamlessly into regular season action.

By the way, our preview is up: http://habsworld.net/article.php?id=2244

Remember the Moen hit on Gudbranson in preseason that got Andrew Peters vowing revenge? He got dealt, but his replacement evidently saw the hit too. Here's Darcy Hordichuk:

"I'm sure that will change tomorrow. We'll see how he likes it when somebody gets in his face. There wasn't any need for that. That's why I'm here to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl-281214

If Weiss can't go for Florida, these look to be the lines:

Booth - Santorelli - Higgins

Frolik - Matthias - Bernier

Stillman - Reasoner - Dvorak

Olesz - Reinprecht - Hordichuk (guessing here based on the first two lines)

Hey there. New to the forum found out about the site through my site. I'm so excited to see what Markov and Subban can do on the same line, tonight will be interesting.

Indeed, it will be interesting to see, especially on the powerplay. Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Hey there. New to the forum found out about the site through my site. I'm so excited to see what Markov and Subban can do on the same line, tonight will be interesting.

welcome to the community!

my concern of pairing those 2 is that one will have to be more defensive minded to cover for the other one. I don't think we want to limit the offense of any of those 2. That's why we had Komisarek with Markov, or that maybe O'Byrne can do the job (although he wouldn't eat the same amount of ice time as Markov).

I like how Martin works with Spacek and Hamrlik. He really respects his veterans and don't hesitate to send them back on the ice after brutal mistakes. I wonder how long we'll have to suffer watching Spacek though.