GDT: Habs vs Blues, Mar. 10

dlbalr

Probably the least upset I have been over a loss in years.

It's hard for me to get worked up over 1 game in the first place, but add in the trivial aspect of it after almost seeing a guy die on the ice and it seems less important than ever.

I am sure the importance will return after a while, but the last 2 days have been draining. From shock, sadness, anger at the idiots running the NHL and then a sense of apathy for the stupidity that the majority of media and players are saying just leaves me wanting them to do what they need to do to qualify and start the playoffs already.

I hear ya, Wamsley. Usually hockey is a bright spot of my life, and I look forward to it in all its manifestations... but the past few days have sapped my hockey spirit to the point that I care only because I know I should.

I'm hoping I care again by Saturday. Right now I'm just heartened to hear that Patches is home from the hospital and walking around.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the anger and frustration surrounding the Pacioretty injury we have seemed to overlook the "possibility" of him returning sooner than we anticipate.

I think he's a friggen warrior and I'm hoping a real quick healer. I haven't heard about any post concussion syndrome issues from any source either. Makes me think he might be back quicker than we all think.

Anyone know what the best case scenario is right now?

With all the anger and frustration surrounding the Pacioretty injury we have seemed to overlook the "possibility" of him returning sooner than we anticipate.

I think he's a friggen warrior and I'm hoping a real quick healer. I haven't heard about any post concussion syndrome issues from any source either. Makes me think he might be back quicker than we all think.

No one has said definitively at this point, it's too early to tell about the severity of post-concussion symptoms. I think that realistically, the best case scenario at this point is that Patches is ready for training camp next season.

I agree with you guys, hockey has changed in the last couple days for me too.

I am so confused right now that I don't trust the NHL or even the players (because enough of them are not speaking out)

Maybe I'm losing it but, I am starting to think this whole incident is fishy..

it almost has a WWE wrestling vibe.

'did' Max jump into the glass to make a huge scene and he's not as near death as everyone thinks.

If you suspend Chara and then Max plays next week it looks like he was faking the whole thing.

but I digress...

if anyone is going to recover quickly its Patches. That kid got a slapshot in the ribs and played the next game! Dude has Tiger blood.

Probably the least upset I have been over a loss in years.

Completely agree with you there. For some reason I just wasn't into this game.

You can never be too careful with head injuries. In any case, symptoms of post-concussion syndrome don't appear before 48 to 72 hours after the incident. You wouldn't want max badk to soon only to suffer another one!

Best case scenario would be to have max in the lineup at the start of next season!

Works both ways, Chris Cuthbert used to sound foolish when he mentioned Stephane Quintal. And how the rest of Canada manages to screw up Jacques Villeneuve, I'll never know. It's not Villaanoove. But hey, who really cares.

Just call him 'Jack,' it's what a lot of people in the English media (particularly Sportsnet) call anyone named Jacques now. :)

AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I drove 7.5 hours to see this game. Got cheap tickets off ebay and decided to take the wife to her first Montreal road game.

Some observations:

Gomez tries to be WAY to fancy and turns the puck over a lot. Just not enough intensity with him.

PK Subban is awesome. Looks like Guy Lafleur out there.

The whole team kind of lagged in this game. Pleks and Cammy were too lazy. Not enough tough work. Seriously, our best forward in this game was Lars Eller. He brought it every shift. Obviously, made a couple small mistakes, but was hitting the ice hard. very impressed.

Anyways, a VERY positive note... Met Pk Subban in St. Louis. He was getting coffee. Signed my PK jersey and gave the wife a hug. Such an awesome guy. Made the trip worth while. Dropped the jersey off today to get framed. I love it!

Thats awesome! Nice little experience to make up for that crappy effort. I'm sure it made your drive back more bearable and hopefully made your wife a fan for life.

AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I drove 7.5 hours to see this game. Got cheap tickets off ebay and decided to take the wife to her first Montreal road game.

Some observations:

Gomez tries to be WAY to fancy and turns the puck over a lot. Just not enough intensity with him.

PK Subban is awesome. Looks like Guy Lafleur out there.

The whole team kind of lagged in this game. Pleks and Cammy were too lazy. Not enough tough work. Seriously, our best forward in this game was Lars Eller. He brought it every shift. Obviously, made a couple small mistakes, but was hitting the ice hard. very impressed.

Anyways, a VERY positive note... Met Pk Subban in St. Louis. He was getting coffee. Signed my PK jersey and gave the wife a hug. Such an awesome guy. Made the trip worth while. Dropped the jersey off today to get framed. I love it!