GDT: Habs @ Boo-uins March 24th, 2011

bar

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you disagree with?

I think JM has done a fair job this year with the Habs. Ultimately it's up to the players to win or lose games.

He is an old school coach and has made mistakes like anyone, but his defensive style of coaching + talented players have gotten us to the point of making the playoffs.

I have to appreciate that.

On a semi related note, the "JM and Gomez need to be fired / demoted comments" are getting a little played out.

The playoffs are where it counts and that hasn't happened yet...just gear down trucker.

Let's see where we are in round one.

I think JM has done a fair job this year with the Habs. Ultimately it's up to the players to win or lose games.

He is an old school coach and has made mistakes like anyone, but his defensive style of coaching + talented players have gotten us to the point of making the playoffs.

On a semi related note, the "JM and Gomez need to be fired / demoted comments" are getting a little played out.

The playoffs are where it counts and that hasn't happened yet...just gear down trucker.

I agree the scapegoating thrown at those 2 is getting really old, and uncalled for. For me the TEAM wins or loses. And even when the time comes to change coaches it's usually more of a need for change rather then getting rid of a bad coach, similar to changing your goalie during the game to wake up the players.

Edited by SOOPAVILLIN

I agree the scapegoating thrown at those 2 is getting really old, and uncalled for. For me the TEAM wins or loses. And even when the time comes to change coaches it's usually more of a need for change rather then getting rid of a bad coach, similar to changing your goalie during the game to wake up the players.

I didn't say fire him, I said I didn't like him and Gomez. I said he would get a pass this year no matter what happenen. Currently, it appears that we are trying to limp out of play-offs as opposed to what we did last year, which was limp in. I don't see much improvement from last year, just some of the faces have changed.

As a fan I am allowed to voice my displeasure at JM. Even with last years run in the playoffs, the games were then and are not now exciting. I don't like JM cause of his style of play, his inability to change during the games and his bonehead decisions. Plenty of great coaches have been fired, being fired doesn't mean you're the worst coach ever, it means there needs to be a change. I honestly believe going forward next season the habs have to make either large scale player changes or a coaching and philosophy change.

As a fan I am allowed to voice my displeasure at JM. Even with last years run in the playoffs, the games were then and are not now exciting. I don't like JM cause of his style of play, his inability to change during the games and his bonehead decisions. Plenty of great coaches have been fired, being fired doesn't mean you're the worst coach ever, it means there needs to be a change. I honestly believe going forward next season the habs have to make either large scale player changes or a coaching and philosophy change.

Of course you can voice your opinion, that's what forums are for. Don't think anyone has a problem with differing thoughts on the Habs and the coaching staff.

All I am saying is that JM as done a fair job. If the organization decides to replace him, that's fine with me, but what happens if his successor is no better or is actually worse?

It's a " grass is always greener " way of thinking that might leave some saying careful what you wish for.

Maybe the next coach will be the best thing that ever happened to the club, but it's a 50/50 shot.

You need to remember that we were without Markov and Georges for a lot of the season. Now add Patches to that.

Those are key defensive / offensive guys and JM's style of coaching (good or bad) cannot make up for hits to the roster like that.

If we didn't take those injuries and the Canadiens were in 3rd place and won the division, far fewer people would be calling for his resignation.

I think that's where the problem with throwing the book at JM starts for me.

The same arguments were made in the Price / Halak debate and look how that ended. The worthless goalie of last year this this years MVP.

That's the interesting part of debating over hockey, no one is right or wrong until the season and post season play out.