GDT: Habs @ Boo-uins March 24th, 2011

bar

I'm with Habsfan on this one, I am so ashamed to call myself a habs fan, this wasn't a blow out, this was a team, Boston playing the habs game against them, and the only player to show heart is freaking GOMEZ...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be so cynical, but what exactly do you exactly think they can do. They can't defend themselves and as we have seen over the past week, they have a hard time scoring when the opponent forecheks aggresively!

Not so much in terms of getting them rallied for the next game against Boston, but rather the fact that getting humiliated sometimes brings out the best in a team. It was already bad enough, but something as bad as them nearly potting another one in the dying seconds hopefully just makes the taste that much more bitter. Perhaps it also sends a message to at least try and play the game out until the buzzer actually sounds next time too.

Yup.. the beat us while beating us.. tonight, they beat us with speed and effort because the Habs were too scared to show up.. I don't care if it is 5-0, you can't fold up your tent while the other team is laughing at you....

What a gutless performance. Men against boys. Sorry, but don't tell us about every team has a bad game, because that's garbage. The Bruins organization and fans have been laughing at us for 2 weeks now. This was a chance to shut them up. This is probably worse than the last game in Boston, when they beat the crap out of us.

Not so much in terms of getting them rallied for the next game against Boston, but rather the fact that getting humiliated sometimes brings out the best in a team. It was already bad enough, but something as bad as them nearly potting another one in the dying seconds hopefully just makes the taste that much more bitter. Perhaps it also sends a message to at least try and play the game out until the buzzer actually sounds next time too.

I don't wanna sound lika an ass.hole, cause I really do respect your opinion, but I get the impression that your grasping at straws. What I'm saying is that even if our boys wanted to do something, they probably wouldn't be able. Their lack of size has finally caught up to them! The pounding that our smaller players have taken over 75 games has caught up to them!

Edited by Habsfan

I don't wanna sound lika an ass.hole, cause I really do respect your opinion, but I ge teh impression that your grasping at straws. What I'm saying is that even if our boys wanted to do something, they probably wouldn't be able. Their lack of size has finally caught up to them! The pounding that our smaller players have taken over 75 games has caught up to them!

It is to some degree, just trying to stay with my mantra of finding positives or at least trying to. It was easier that or discuss my silver lining in that at least I have Horton in one of my pools. :) This team has been too resilient all season long to throw in the towel, I don't see them rolling over and dying now despite them basically doing exactly that tonight. I suspect they will be motivated by this, I can't see the non-goal right at the end hurting that cause, maybe that's a better way to say it.

Anyways, tonight's 3 Stars, I actually did try and extract the odd positive though be warned even some of the stuff here is a bit of a stretch: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2434

I worry that all the blowhards are correct...habs are too soft to win, I am finally coming around to beleiving it. What the hell is wrong with Cammy, seriously...we talk of Gomez contract Cammy is not that much better.

Also, why take away Subban from the 1st PP unit, him and Wizard work awesome together, it's dumb.

I seriously believe that he's injured. According to a few reporters who follow the Habs regularly (including François Gagnon) say that after some games, Camms has a hard time walking. What worries me about Camms is his attitude. I'm getting more and more the impression that he's turing into a primadonna!?

It is to some degree, just trying to stay with my mantra of finding positives or at least trying to. It was easier that or discuss my silver lining in that at least I have Horton in one of my pools. :) This team has been too resilient all season long to throw in the towel, I don't see them rolling over and dying now despite them basically doing exactly that tonight. I suspect they will be motivated by this, I can't see the non-goal right at the end hurting that cause, maybe that's a better way to say it.

Anyways, tonight's 3 Stars, I actually did try and extract the odd positive though be warned even some of the stuff here is a bit of a stretch: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2434

Yeah, I kinda get what your saying, it's just that I'm so demoralized and ashamed right now, I don't even feel like seeing the bright side. I'm just too frustrated! Maybe tomorrow I'll feel better, But right now, I'm just disgusted!

I agree with your stars tonight. (or maybe better put, the least 3 losers).

Anyways, tonight's 3 Stars, I actually did try and extract the odd positive though be warned even some of the stuff here is a bit of a stretch: http://www.habsworld...cle.php?id=2434

DOMINATION!!!

lol I gotta admit I wanted this to HAPPEN!

French media totally on Gomez's butt! lol I don't know who else was better than Gomer honestly

this was a lose lose situation. We had to play with half the team injured. Had JM not decided to leave Picard and Dawes and Weber and who else was able to play UN-injured, we would of grilled JM for not playing Plek and Sopel etc.

These guys could not aggress! Sopel couldnt Gill couldnt.... Nor could Wiz nor Halpern and add 10 more players like this!

LOL Nobody could even finish their checks!!!

I am fine with this result. Habs and JM and PG better learn from this!! YEAH!!!! Guys this is good news for our Future!!!

I was hoping for this to HAPPEN! Hell Im not gonna wish for this to happen in the Playoffs (which would still be good for us in the long run) Better Now then later!!!

YESSS!!!!!!!

Go Habs GO!!!

I gave up at 3-0. This was first game watching hockey again...that show didn't exactly make me want to come back. :rolleyes:

It's too bad, but let's keep some perspective. This is a team caught in that infernal transition between having lots of injuries and lots of bodies coming back. It is all too common for teams in that situation to be out of joint. The healthy guys are exhausted and the returning guys aren't 100% either physically or in terms of timing (usually the results aren't this bad, though). I'm surprised nobody is mentioning that Price has a leg strain. He looked slightly off to me, in the first anyway.

Slumps by key cogs don't help either. Cammy is a much better hockey player than he's shown this season. It's hard to know what his problem is, but he will turn it around. Gio was never really a top-3 player, so we have to keep his so-so results in perspective. The real problem in the 'smurf core' is Gomez, who I'm pretty sure Gauthier will work heaven and earth to move in the off-season.

Also: let's face facts, these guys NEED MaxPac. They needed a player of that profile all along, and he was becoming it. Without him, and with Pouliot still sort of finding his way, we end up back where we were at the start of 2010: short at least one top six forward. (Short at least two, indeed, if you consider Gomez's disgusting performances).

Strange as it sounds, motivation might have been a problem tonight. In a weird way the Habs have proved their point against Boston all season long. Now Chara upped the ante last game in a way that is impossible to process, but that's not something that will matter after tonight. Subconsciously their goal may have been just to escape this essentially meaningless regular season game without another life-threatening injury. I got a weird vibe from them out there. You can call it being 'intimidated' but these guys have shown again and again that they are fighters. I think it's something distinct: they just want to put the whole Patches thing behind them and come back fresh for the playoffs. Despite all the rhetoric, laying it all on the line tonight wasn't in the cards, unless they got some early bounces.

Finally: the same bunch looked awful at the end of last season. Between age, injuries and size, may be a team that needs to coast into the dance in order to have enough left in the tank to make a charge.

It's not panic time. But they definitely need to give Price a game or two off.

You can be ashamed at this loss for sure, I know the Habs players are, but shocked?

It's a road game with 4 players back from injury (and none of them 100% either). The Habs have been playing fairly weak hockey since Pacioretty went down. The game against Minnesota was fun, but it was a game of growing momentum against a fragile team. Boston fed on that same fragility tonight. Every Habs fan wanted them to rise to the challenge and meet the emotion of the fans, but I'm certainly not shocked at the end result.

A lot of people are overreacting because it was a lopsided loss against the Bruins, a pill that is always hard to swallow. But Montreal finished the season series 4-2 against them. How does that translate to playoff failure? I'll take the Bruins in the first round. Especially now. We saw the kind of game they played against the Bruins after the last embarrassing loss against them. Boston should have kept the score 4-0

How they react next game against Washington at home that is most important to me. Are they still going to struggle? Or did the Bruins just give the Habs the push they needed to get their shit together?

How they react next game against Washington at home that is most important to me. Are they still going to struggle? Or did the Bruins just give the Habs the push they needed to get their shit together?

Agreed. This game will be a good indication of whether the Habs just had an off couple games or are they running out of gas at the end of the season.

Hope they at least show up for the next one.

Edited by BrenDittero

Save yourself the humility of trying to paint a pretty face on a donkeys ass.

Yea, i agree blue cross. That was humiliating.

I guess if the message was "were scared of you, we won't show up, play hard or even care", then i guess mission accomplished.

2 straight shutouts? What is that about?

I don't know if the poster saying Gomez wasn't bad last night was joking or not, but i would bench him Saturday. Has anyone seen Gionta or Cammi?

I guess JM has his work cut out for him on Saturday that's for sure. Depnding on what Carolina does back to back against Tampa the may be gettign a little nervous.

What a surprise that everybody is overreacting.

This game is not a "statement game" anymore than when Montreal was blown out and beat up in Boston. How soon we forgot that Montreal was dominating the Bruins 4-0 in Montreal before Chara reacted like the ape he is.

Everybody gets a fresh start in 2 weeks. This team has bounced back from adversity time after time this season and they will likely win some games you don't expect them to over the final 7 games. Remove the emotion and view it for what it was, 2 points.

The regular season means NOTHING come playoff time. Either the Habs are a solid team or they aren't, we will find out in April, there is no sense fretting about it.

I don't know if the poster saying Gomez wasn't bad last night was joking or not, but i would bench him Saturday. Has anyone seen Gionta or Cammi?

You want to bench the one player who didn't quit in the 3rd? That's probably not the right message to send to the team and he was responsible for a good chunk of the Habs' scoring chances last night. Of all the times to say bench him, this clearly isn't it to me.

Didn't he take 3 stupid penalties?

I think he always tries, just no real results lately and really dumb penalties.if i'm not mistaken he is the worst plus minus guy on the team.

As for over reacting by people. i know it was one game, the previous game was a shuout as well. Where things look good for the habs, Carolina can still pass them and they aren't a lock for the playoffs yet.

It was a really bad game, they have a chance to rectify the situation on Saturday, whether they will or not remains to be seen.

I think he always tries, just no real results lately and really dumb penalties.if i'm not mistaken he is the worst plus minus guy on the team.

2 penalties, 1 of which was a phantom call by the ref so you can't really fault him on that. The other one stemmed from a giveaway but on the other hand, he was one of the few players who actually tried to handle the puck. I'm not looking at the +/- numbers but I believe you're right there though. Yes, he has struggled this year but of all the times someone could have made a case for benching him, after last night is the wrong time. I'd be targeting Cammalleri who looked completely disinterested (again) last night and was a -4. If someone wants to argue that he's playing through injury, the same was said for Gomez weeks ago.

I agree about the others for sure.

I just think JM has to make a statement about all the stupid penalties these guys take. So someone whio takes a few dumb ones in a game should sit.

I believe they are leading the league in 2 minute penalties. That is really bad for a fast team.

I believe they are leading the league in 2 minute penalties. That is really bad for a fast team.

I'm in the middle of writing an article about that very topic right now, perfect time to mention that. :)

Also, for anyone who caught Antichambre last night, were they actually calling Gomez getting hit in the head the lone positive for the night? I had little respect for most of those guys already but that's just despicable.

As for over reacting by people. i know it was one game, the previous game was a shuout as well. Where things look good for the habs, Carolina can still pass them and they aren't a lock for the playoffs yet.

It was a really bad game, they have a chance to rectify the situation on Saturday, whether they will or not remains to be seen.

I think the team collectively phoned it in last night. I wish we could just single out a couple players but it was across the board.

Gomez, Gio, Plek, Cammy, Subban, Hammer, Eller, etc etc. The passing was sloppy, turnovers everywhere, almost non existing forcheck. Good couple chances but that was it....chances.

All it took was a goal in the first 30 seconds to throw MTL off their game plan ( if they really had one to begin with )

But we have a great team with an amazing goalie. For me, it stings worse solely because it was Boston. Sadly, I think the fans needed this one more than the Habs.

Whether we lost 7-0 or 5-3, it all mounts to the same thing. We lost 2 points.

If the Canadiens don't get this back on track as a team then they've made their own bed as far as PO position goes.

As others have noted, playoff hockey is a different game. We're not out of it yet.

Quick notes - no suspension or hearing for Marchand for the hit on Gomez yesterday, I was hoping they may have taken a look as Marchand was clearly lining him up and it was a hit to the head. Everyone but Picard (lower body injury) at practice, while Spacek/Markov again skated with Pierre Allard.

The team wasn't clicking. When you have a team that relies on speed and quick plays, pass execution becomes critical. If there are giveaways, and guys aren't in position to defend, you get this. This was one of the worst games I've seen the Habs play all year. I don't know that Boston dominated as much as Montreal just plain old played like crap. Much like the Minnesota blow out.

In my opinion Gomez was easily the best player on the Habs last night. He is having a bad year, no doubt, but last night was not on him. Unfortunately, I don't think any team will take his contract next year. His real salary vs cap hit will be to close. The following year, I could see a team take him to make the cap floor.

For all the people that want Martin fired, consider the team he has to deal with. Gomez and Cammelleri are his highest paid players, and they are both mailing in the season. He never really did have 6 top six players, until Paccioretty started to show that he could handle it. His top two defensemen are down for the season too. I think if you add Markov and Gorges to this roster and they take a lot less penalties too. There would probably be less breakdowns and better flow. It will be interesting to see how this team plays in Washington. Maybe they will start a 7 game run and come into the playoffs hot. My expectations are low, so I know I won't be disapointed.