2011-12 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Don't look now but the Dogs are 10th in the conference

They are only 2 pts out of 8th and hold a game in hand on Rochester

They are also 2 pts behind 9th place Peoria and hold 2 games in hand there too.

In the division they are 6 pts behind the Marlies but hold 2 games in hand.

Don't look now but the Dogs are 10th in the conference

They are only 2 pts out of 8th and hold a game in hand on Rochester

They are also 2 pts behind 9th place Peoria and hold 2 games in hand there too.

In the division they are 6 pts behind the Marlies but hold 2 games in hand.

I mentioned a little while back, that I thought they may have turned a corner. I expect that they are as hot as anyone right now. I look forward to them doing some damage come playoff time. When you have such a young team, with players in and out of lineup it is hard to get that team on track. Part of the success has to be having a consistent lineup for a while. Secondly Kudos to Coach J. for getting these young player coached up and in a position to win every night. Our success going forward will be predicated on health. Hope to see Nash in the second half.

Wahl going back is odd as that loan was supposed to be for the season...and he went to the ECHL and not Abbotsford. I know there's a scratch or two right now but if the Habs sell, they'll be pulling guys up to take their place which means there may not be extras for long.

Wahl going back is odd as that loan was supposed to be for the season...and he went to the ECHL and not Abbotsford. I know there's a scratch or two right now but if the Habs sell, they'll be pulling guys up to take their place which means there may not be extras for long.

Maybe just a precurser to something coming to the dogs.

Maybe just a precurser to something coming to the dogs.

I'd guess that Calgary wasn't happy he was a healthy scratch a few times. They loaned him so that he would play; if he won't, they may as well have him on their own ECHL team.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard his name mentioned at all lately in the broadcasts with the injury report. At this point, I'd have to guess he's out for the year.

Its a shame really.

If he is done for the year, why wouldn't they announce it? It makes no sense.

It took them a while to announce that Conboy was out for the year. Before that, it was just long-term. I suspect his recovery period from the surgery puts him in the iffy range...he could possibly be back late season if all heals according to plan. Until that time gets closer, it may not be known.

Anyone pay attention to Geoffrion's point total since joining the Habs organization? 2 goals and 5 helpers in 3 games. i think he had 2 goals in 20 games with Nashville's farm team.

Also, i've noticied Ian Shultz is quietly racking up the points. I thought he'd be a 1 dimensional scrapper, but he's actually hitting solid 3rd line type point totals this year....on a Hammer team full of 3rd line point totals :) He's 7th in team scoring.

Anyone pay attention to Geoffrion's point total since joining the Habs organization? 2 goals and 5 helpers in 3 games. i think he had 2 goals in 20 games with Nashville's farm team.

Also, i've noticied Ian Shultz is quietly racking up the points. I thought he'd be a 1 dimensional scrapper, but he's actually hitting solid 3rd line type point totals this year....on a Hammer team full of 3rd line point totals :) He's 7th in team scoring.

Schultz has played his way back to prospect status which is better than the middling depth minor leaguer status he seemed to be at back in October. That said, he has a long way to go still, especially with his skating. He's not a big time fighter so he won't be the 4th line goon type, he needs to improve that element to have a shot at seeing semi-regular 4th line minutes.

Schultz has played his way back to prospect status which is better than the middling depth minor leaguer status he seemed to be at back in October. That said, he has a long way to go still, especially with his skating. He's not a big time fighter so he won't be the 4th line goon type, he needs to improve that element to have a shot at seeing semi-regular 4th line minutes.

How bout Joe Stejskal? is he progressing at all, he is not playing, is he hurt or just scratched?

Maybe get to see Shultz and Geoffrion after deadline and Gomez is waived?

You keep saying Shultz cant fight, but neither can Tom Kostopoulas, but that dont stop him from droppin them and getting pummelled. And Shultz seems quite willing also dosent he?

I wouldnt say White is a big fighter neither, but got to love his effort and especially the fun he seems to have, even in losing.

Schultz is definetely a willing fighter. He's more a middle weight than a true heavyweight though.

Still he's willing and this won't be the area that stops him from having an NHL career.

The area he needs to work on to have an NHL career is his positioning, and hockey sense. Those were attrocious last season. He was out of position far too often, and the game just seemed to move at a speed he couldn't keep up to. Now, Schultz has improved a lot this year, and is still young and could continue to improve. But even with those improvements, he's still got a little bit more to do.

Schultz has to become a guy who can play 8-10 minutes on a fourth line without being a defensive liability if he wants a regular NHL spot... and I don't think he's there yet, but he could get there by middle of next year if all goes well.

How bout Joe Stejskal? is he progressing at all, he is not playing, is he hurt or just scratched?

Maybe get to see Shultz and Geoffrion after deadline and Gomez is waived?

You keep saying Shultz cant fight, but neither can Tom Kostopoulas, but that dont stop him from droppin them and getting pummelled. And Shultz seems quite willing also dosent he?

I wouldnt say White is a big fighter neither, but got to love his effort and especially the fun he seems to have, even in losing.

Stejskal is a surprising healthy scratch right now, why they keep trotting FitzGerald out there in front of him is beyond me. As for the Kostopoulos comparison, it didn't matter that he was an iffy fighter, he was a good enough skater and defensive player to justify playing a 4th line role. Schultz isn't there yet nor does he have the requisite fighting skills to make it as a 4th line pugilist either. He shouldn't be up after the deadline as a regular, he still needs a lot of work in the AHL. The good news is he is improving steadily which gives me a bit of hope for the future.