2011-12 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

NIce story seems like a good kid. Hamilton should be fun to watch this year but might struggle quite a big in the early going.

Their attendance will go up for sure. Such a bevy of prospects will get local habs fans excited.

Just think how much better we will be if there,s an NHL strike, so i am hoping there is one.. And can any one tell me when is the dam schedule do out?

I'm not sure a lockout would help the Bulldogs all that much to be honest. It would ensure Leblanc goes back down but given the waiver situation, St. Denis/Palushaj would remain in limbo (Montreal lost Francois Beauchemin to waivers during the lockout last time).

As for the schedule, the AHL site says the full one gets released around mid-August so I'd have to think it's sooner than later. The home opener is on October 19th, that much we know. They also have home games (don't know against who though) on Friday, Nov. 9, Friday, Dec. 21, Friday, Dec. 28, and Friday, Jan. 4.

Just think how much better we will be if there,s an NHL strike, so i am hoping there is one.. And can any one tell me when is the dam schedule do out?

Only diff might be that Leblanc wiould for sure be in AHL, but could be there anyways and there might be no difference whatsoever?

Also, no sense hoping for 1,000s of bars and sports pubs across Canada to lose Big$$ and lay people off is there? Thats almost anti-canadian isnt it :canada:

• Upvote 2

Ya i know the bad part about it but the last time it happened the dogs attendance went up a fare bit and that did help the team out. Besides i am not Betman now he just may be anti-Canadian...lol Because he is an ass.

Edited by Neely21

Their attendance will go up for sure. Such a bevy of prospects will get local habs fans excited.

I am going to be going quite a bit this year, regardless of an NHL Lockout...but probly way more if there is a lockout

Is there any word on when the Dogs will be playing there exhibition games and were for that matter? Not that they play them at home any more..

There doesn't seem to be any mention of it on their site or on the AHL's one. Perhaps it hasn't been released yet as odd as that is considering AHL preseason is about 5-6 weeks away.

I'm not sure a lockout would help the Bulldogs all that much to be honest. It would ensure Leblanc goes back down but given the waiver situation, St. Denis/Palushaj would remain in limbo (Montreal lost Francois Beauchemin to waivers during the lockout last time).

As for the schedule, the AHL site says the full one gets released around mid-August so I'd have to think it's sooner than later. The home opener is on October 19th, that much we know. They also have home games (don't know against who though) on Friday, Nov. 9, Friday, Dec. 21, Friday, Dec. 28, and Friday, Jan. 4.

My sense is that it is alot less risky to have a player in waiver limbo, than when Beauchemin was pinched. For one, you can protect 23 players now and there is no waiver draft. Secondly, with the need for more prospects to be on NHL rosters, there is more of a selection, so less likely somebody poaches yours.

I might be heading to Hamilton on the third weekend of October so hopefully there's a home game then.

The first home game is on the 19 friday and they play the baby leafs. so i think that is the 3rd week end. have a good one

• 1 month later...