Michael Bournival signs 3 year ELC

Commandant

That's good news ! Nice to see this solid prospect is officially signed now. I'm looking forward to watching him play at the WJC tournament. :canada:

Bulldogs going to be SICK next year/.

They will be better but they are a long ways from being "sick". I mean sure we will be adding Tinordi and Bournival and Leblanc will be a fixture but these guys are not superstars and we are horrible in the Hammer this year.

We are adding a lot more than just those 3 though. Beaulieu, Gallagher, Ellis and Pateryn will also be in Hamilton (unless they are in Montreal); and Kristo is likely as well.

It will be a very young team, but there is no doubt its getting a serious talent injection.

We are adding a lot more than just those 3 though. Beaulieu, Gallagher, Ellis and Pateryn will also be in Hamilton (unless they are in Montreal); and Kristo is likely as well.

It will be a very young team, but there is no doubt its getting a serious talent injection.

Doesn't Beaulieu have one more year of junior? But ya completely omitted Gallagher. And is Kristo still alive? You never hear about this guy anymore.

They will be better but they are a long ways from being "sick". I mean sure we will be adding Tinordi and Bournival and Leblanc will be a fixture but these guys are not superstars and we are horrible in the Hammer this year.

I guess only time will tell but I feel the Bulldogs will be very exciting and score a lot of goals next season.

Doesn't Beaulieu have one more year of junior? But ya completely omitted Gallagher. And is Kristo still alive? You never hear about this guy anymore.

Kristo is having a pretty good year.

I think Beaulieu is an older guy so I think he can play AHL but I could be wrong.

I think Beaulieu is an older guy so I think he can play AHL but I could be wrong.

How does that work? Tinordi was drafted and had to spend 2 years in the OHL but Beaulieu only 1? Aren't all these guys drafted at the same age? I have no idea how the CHL works in terms of years and age and what not.

How does that work? Tinordi was drafted and had to spend 2 years in the OHL but Beaulieu only 1? Aren't all these guys drafted at the same age? I have no idea how the CHL works in terms of years and age and what not.

Nathan is a December baby so he is a 1992 which means he is 19 already and will be 20 next year by December.

Most guys in last years draft are 1993

here is the details

There is a private agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL that governs when a player coming from the CHL can play in the AHL. A player from the CHL has to either turn 20 by December 31st of the season (ie a player born in 1987 can start playing in the 2007-08 season, a player born in 1988 can start playing in the 2008-09 season etc.)

Nathan is a December baby so he is a 1992 which means he is 19 already and will be 20 next year by December.

Most guys in last years draft are 1993

So why wasn't he drafted a year earlier then? Or is the draft rule dates different from CHL dates?

yes strange I know.

Wonder if it's like schooling. What I mean is that in Quebec if a kid is Born up until September 30th then he is eligible to go to school say this year but if he is born October 1st then he is only eligible next year. Regardless if all of those kids all go to hamilton in the same year then we may finally see some nice depth assuming Gauthier doesn't panic and start shedding them to make the playoffs now.

Don't know much about Bournival so it will be nice to see him at the WJC. What type of player is he projected to be?

Tinordi, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Kristo, Leblanc... Lot's of high-potential talent coming up in the next few years. Add that to some of the young talent maturing now (Desharnais, Pacioretty, Subban, Price etc.) and our future looks pretty good. Hopefully Palushaj will also get a chance to showcase his offensive talents in the NHL. It kind of makes me want to take an Edmonton approach and dump all our aging under-achievers to let the young guns get all the ice time and let them grow as a team together.

So Tinordi, Gallagher, Beaulieu and maybe Kristo all play in the AHL next year?

I cannot speak extensively of Bournival but he is a good 2-way player. No great offensive skills but he can score, not overly big or over physical but still plays a gritty game. I can see him kind of like a Kirk Maltby type of guy.

Per Renaud Lavoie's confusing contract tweet, this is how the contract appears to break down:

Cap hit of $900,000 (despite his tweet implying $600,000) which includes a max signing bonus ($90,000 per year) with $210,000 of GP-related bonuses, just below the max for a GP/TOI-based 'A' level bonus.

Beaulieu is a December birthday... so he's eligible for the AHL next season if the Habs choose to go that route.

So he has the option of either AHL or QMJHL?

He'd be considered an overager in the QMJHL; but yes he could go back there.

Same situation as other guys who spent 2 years post draft in Junior though... Leblanc is QMJHL eligible as an overager this season (hence why Shawinigan traded for him in the summer when his shoulder was hurt).

Highly unlikely. He has 4 years in the QMJHL and I cant think of any team who has sent a 1st round draft pick to the CHL over the AHL when they had 4 years experience and it would be for an overage season. Really would only be if he's had some type of injury and they don't want him in Hamilton.

Tinordi is also eligible to go back as an overager, as would Gallagher etc... but the thing is we can be 95% sure that aint happening.

He'd be considered an overager in the QMJHL; but yes he could go back there.

Same situation as other guys who spent 2 years post draft in Junior though... Leblanc is QMJHL eligible as an overager this season (hence why Shawinigan traded for him in the summer when his shoulder was hurt).

Highly unlikely. He has 4 years in the QMJHL and I cant think of any team who has sent a 1st round draft pick to the CHL over the AHL when they had 4 years experience and it would be for an overage season. Really would only be if he's had some type of injury and they don't want him in Hamilton.

Tinordi is also eligible to go back as an overager, as would Gallagher etc... but the thing is we can be 95% sure that aint happening.

Thats very interesting, I had no clue.

Next year it could be North Dakota (senior), Hamilton, Montreal, or if he exercises his rights to free agency, he could wind up in many different places.

My money is him opting for free agency. Who would want to be part of this circus when he has the choice to go anywhere he wants. This is one thing I hate about the US college loop hole.