False Report: Campoli traded for a 4th round pick

hab29RETIRED

As per KKorner and kypreos.

Disapointed that was all we could get. I wish we had waited until closer to the deadline.

I agree with the two posts above, but then again, many fans (including Habs29) have been quite categorical all season that Campoli is not much good, so I'm not sure where they now get off demanding a second-rounder for this 'marginal' defenceman.

In terms of the big picture, we manufactured a 4th round pick out of thin air, having surrendered nothing to get Capoli; so that's reasonable asset management.

EDIT: whoops, it's a fake?? OK, then, never mind :lol:

I hope we didn't move him. I would think we'd be able to get a higher pick closer to the deadline.

I Think campoli like Kaberle is a horrible dman.

Having said that teams get stupid at the deadline and I can see someone giving up a 2nd rounder closer to the deadline.

Campoli's contract and potential puck moving ability will make him attractive. Look at what we gave up for an almost washed up Schneider.

Kaberle on the other hand is showing why Rutherford openly admitted that he made a mistake in signing Kaberle. I

Betting he wishes he used the money to resign cole. With Kaberle's contract, I think we would be lucky to move him.

Both are soft lazy players that I'd like the habs avoid.

I agree with the two posts above, but then again, many fans (including Habs29) have been quite categorical all season that Campoli is not much good, so I'm not sure where they now get off demanding a second-rounder for this 'marginal' defenceman.

In terms of the big picture, we manufactured a 4th round pick out of thin air, having surrendered nothing to get Capoli; so that's reasonable asset management.

EDIT: whoops, it's a fake?? OK, then, never mind :lol:

I dont know about you, but i think its pretty lousy cap management to pay $4.2m to a guy that is only effective playing less then 10 mi utes a night and is downright scary in his own end. It was one thing to pay a guy like MAB around $1.5m-$2m, downright stupid to pay that to Kaberle.

He really Has been a non factor on the PP, with the exception of around 5 games - and those were against weaker teams. Let's see how many points he actually ends up with.

Tomas kaberle, 8 pts in 12 games -1.... over a full season thats a 55+ pt dman.

But we hate and hate and hate on the guy.

Kaberle is averaging 18:24 per game. Not sure where you get less than 10 minutes per game from.

Okay not quite, 10 minutes, but Kaberle played just over 12 min tonight, 13 min against TB, 13 min against the jets. Since cunneyworth made his changes, he's cut down significantly in Kaberle's and Gill's ice time (which is a GOOD thing imo).

That is still way to much to be paying a dman who is only playing 12-14min.

under martin i know he got over 20 min and gill was close to 20min. But imo one of the positives of the coaching change has been the reallocation of ice time to cole, Emelin, Eller and AK46 from Martin's usual favorites - regardless of how bad his favorite boys were playing.

You are also talking about games when 7D have been dressed.

I don't think that will last forever. One of these D will probably be gone; sooner or later.

And as Gomez-White get healthy, I think we'll see more of 12 fwds.

This will mean Gill and Kaberle will both rise back above 16 minutes, maybe higher.

I think right now you've got a situation where they need Emelin and Diaz in the lineup to continue learning, but they also don't want to sit one of Gill or Campoli and kill their trade value, so they are playing 7 guys to showcase the UFAs and play the kids at the same time.

This means every D man is gonna get a few less minutes, except the top pair.

Tomas kaberle, 8 pts in 12 games -1.... over a full season thats a 55+ pt dman.

But we hate and hate and hate on the guy.

yup Qb on the pp and great first pass and only 40 plus pts get rid of him fast!!!! lol like larry murphy with the leafs he was so bad he helped the wings win a cup. Kab just needs a stay at home guy to cover him and we have a great d pairing.

Excellent asset management. Campoli- picked him up off waivers, used him as 7th dman and turn him loose for a 4thwhen numbers indicated we had to move somebody. I really doubt whether you would get more than fourth later on.

You have to wonder if this deal was falsely manufactured or it was really going down and the Habs pulled it off the table with the Gionta injury.

It was just one of many trades made up by whatever douchebag runs that fake nick kypreos account, and once again fooled other people into thinking he was real, and reporting the news.

Wasn't the first time. Probably won't be the last.

Here is the real kypreos account.

https://twitter.com/#!/realkyper

Here is the fake

https://twitter.com/#!/realkyper_

Notice how similar they look.. same avatar, same text, etc.... the quickest way to tell you are being had, is to look at the number of followers.

The fake one copies what other reporters say and tweet it right after them, in order to report some real news. Then every once in a while he throws out a fake trade like the Campoli one and the internet goes crazy.

First thing I noted when this "trade" was being reported, it was coming from all regular fans on my timeline, it wasn't coming from a guy like McKenzie or Dreger, or any of the Habs newspaper guys, or any of the RDS people.

I don't think it came from the Habs organization.

It was just one of many trades made up by whatever douchebag runs that fake nick kypreos account, and once again fooled other people into thinking he was real, and reporting the news.

Wasn't the first time. Probably won't be the last.

Here is the real kypreos account.

https://twitter.com/#!/realkyper

Here is the fake

https://twitter.com/#!/realkyper_

Notice how similar they look.. same avatar, same text, etc.... the quickest way to tell you are being had, is to look at the number of followers.

The fake one copies what other reporters say and tweet it right after them, in order to report some real news. Then every once in a while he throws out a fake trade like the Campoli one and the internet goes crazy.

First thing I noted when this "trade" was being reported, it was coming from all regular fans on my timeline, it wasn't coming from a guy like McKenzie or Dreger, or any of the Habs newspaper guys, or any of the RDS people.

I don't think it came from the Habs organization.

Perhaps even easier is looking at how Campoli had just played then asking yourself if any GM in the history of the game would ever trade a 4th round pick for him based on that night.