Canadiens vs Capitals, March 31, 7 PM EST

dlbalr

another point at least.. another waste of a draft position. And we will probably lose anyway.. these three point loser games may mean no big center, no big winger...

Let me put it another way.. there may be no silver lining to this mess of a season.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now it looks like 5th is the worst position we could land (pre lottery) realistically

I think the Habs pick 1,3or4

Tie game Minnnny scores.

3-3

Christensen just getting it done lately

Damn under review

Koivu penalty 20 seconds left in regulation

Headed to OT Another point for minny

Kings jump from 8th to 3rd with the point

Backstrom looking strong.

50 seconds left in pp

And Kings take time out

Huge save by backstrom

Penalty killed

Yes, we are worse now on paper than at the start of the season. Cammy in particularly leaves a gaping hole in the roster. As for Hammer, re-signing him for two clearly would have been a mistake, but we needed to replace his role on the back end, and we didn't.

Most team has a bottom 6. This team has a bottom 8 and only two top 6 defense. I don't miss Cammie honestly. I also don't miss Kostitsyn. I am not happy with the returns this year. I just hope that the new GM is able to protect the team's image enough to replace them through the UFA market. The 7 picks in the top two rounds could help too. A trade in July for a high end player consisting of roster players and picks could get us back on track. There are a lot of trade options with those picks.

The big question here is "How tarnished is this team's rep?" i tend to believe that it will be OK. I don't look at NJ as a crap team after their tank. With the removal of the Ghost, the rep is hopefully OK.