July 1st: Who do we want, who can we get?

Commandant

Vancouver is 2 years away from being Calgary today, unless the course correct in a hurry.

Btw, flames fans hate the knuckleheads only after the Oilers.

Yes, the Canucks are in trouble. They have a high-end defence, ace goaltending and three really good forwards in Kesler and the Twins. The rest of their forward corps is, frankly, a dog's breakfast. As you say, another two years of being pretty decent, then - ka-put. I don't envy Gillis.

How pathetic is it that the Flames fans feel intense about Vancouver when the latter barely gives a rip about their existence any more? Yeesh.

Too short.... no one wants short players, Am I right?

We get your love for the SMURFS. We have got to get bigger, thats a given. However we also got to replace the 35 goals we just let go in Ryder. how you going to do that?

We get your love for the SMURFS. We have got to get bigger, thats a given. However we also got to replace the 35 goals we just let go in Ryder. how you going to do that?

With much difficulty in the salary cap era.

With Mike Blunden of course... .He's BIG

Its not about Smurfs... its about a type of player... the Habs need someone who can play like a Holmstrom. He was 6'0... not huge by any means, but he caused havoc in front of the net. Now you aren't gonna get a player as good as him, but you need a guy who plays that style. And its not measured with a measuring tape, or else Pouliot and Latendresse would be stars.

Simple. You give Galchenyuk, Eller and Gallagher more minutes, especially on the powerplay.

I think the unexpected Gally's a healthy Markov's co-production more than covered it.

I'm a big fan of Brunner but Detroit letting him walk is crazy to me.

Leino, Hudler and now Brunner.

Interesting..

Trade Markov. Get gone Kaberle. Offer sheet Voynov. Hm?

I don't really want Markov to be traded. I mean I can see how it might make sense to trade him, but I just don't want it.

I'd like to see a career Habs player in my lifetime, y'know? I thought it would be Koivu (I think it should have been Koivu) but give me a top-notch player who starts and ends here.

Guest Stogey24

Trade Markov. Get gone Kaberle. Offer sheet Voynov. Hm?

Slava voynov will win the Norris at some point in his career. He's going to be a star.

I wonder what kind of contract L.A is going to offer him. Montreal does have some fellow countrymen to Play alongside Voynov. Would LOVE to see it!

Edited by Stogey24

I don't really want Markov to be traded. I mean I can see how it might make sense to trade him, but I just don't want it.

I'd like to see a career Habs player in my lifetime, y'know? I thought it would be Koivu (I think it should have been Koivu) but give me a top-notch player who starts and ends here.

Yea, I completely understand. I just see it as.. the habs were very fortunate Markov excelled. Wasn't expected but not surprising. I instantly think.. sell high. So sorry. Stay on top.. smart business move. Cause a la Subban contract anxiety I am now experiencing..