2013 NHL Draft

Commandant

Justin Bailey in the second round would be a great pick up. He'd quiet people up for a while about the size complaints on forwards and I liked his puck work. Don't see him scoring more than 20 in the NHL though.

EDIT: He supposedly has been impressing in the combine while being grossed out at the price of food in the Montreal restaurant he was at. I don't blame him when a caesar salad is $11.

From H I/O and HF posters monitoring twitter feeds.

Kurt Etchegary
Gabryel Boudreau
Emile Poirier
Jeremy Gregoire
Dylan Labbé
Anthony Duclair
Marc-Olivier Roy
Kerby Rychel
Mike McCarron
John Hayden
Ryan Hartman
Evan Cowley
Eric Comrie
Spencer Martin
Franky Palazzese
Zach Hall
Zack Fucale
Antoine Bibeau
L-P Guindon
Ryan Graves * (or Jacob Graves)
Matt Murphy * (or Trevor Murphy)
Samuel Henley
J-S Dea
Cole Ully
Dane Birks
Justin Bailey
Gabriel Curtis
Zach Nastasiuk
Bo Horvat
Liam Coughlin
Carter Verhaeghe
Matt Buckles
Remi Elies ?
Matt Boudens
Peter Trainor
Laurent Dauphin
Samuel Morin
Anthony Mantha
Frederik Gauthier
William Carrier
Jonathan Diaby
Philippe Desrosiers

Justin Bailey in the second round would be a great pick up. He'd quiet people up for a while about the size complaints on forwards and I liked his puck work. Don't see him scoring more than 20 in the NHL though.

EDIT: He supposedly has been impressing in the combine while being grossed out at the price of food in the Montreal restaurant he was at. I don't blame him when a caesar salad is $11.

Bailey has that untapped potential thing going. I think he can score more than he has... but you never know.

Really think that this Morin giant could fall at 36oa ?

I can only dream about Tinordi and Morin in the lineup some day...

Really think that this Morin giant could fall at 36oa ?

I can only dream about Tinordi and Morin in the lineup some day...

I don't think there's any chance he falls out of the first round. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was gone before the Habs picked at 25.

I don't think there's any chance he falls out of the first round. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was gone before the Habs picked at 25.

That's what I'm thinking.

I would consider trading for this guy though.

That's what I'm thinking.

I would consider trading for this guy though.

Morin still in need of, better puck skills, skating, positioning and is several years from NHL ready if footspeed can ever even be at a prolevel, otherwise he could just be an OByrne or Andy Sutton type pylon?

Not worth trading up for, when there will be numerous big or physical d-men, such as, Jonathan Diaby, Santini, McCoshen or a Bowey available.

And a Klimchuk, Poirier, Erne or other skilled forward is what should be targeted for at 25th.

Morin still in need of, better puck skills, skating, positioning and is several years from NHL ready if footspeed can ever even be at a prolevel, otherwise he could just be an OByrne or Andy Sutton type pylon?

Not worth trading up for, when there will be numerous big or physical d-men, such as, Jonathan Diaby, Santini, McCoshen or a Bowey available.

And a Klimchuk, Poirier, Erne or other skilled forward is what should be targeted for at 25th.

I meant picking at 25th + Morin.

But if we can pick one of Morin/Diaby/other big dman, without trading... I'm all for it.

I meant picking at 25th + Morin.

But if we can pick one of Morin/Diaby/other big dman, without trading... I'm all for it.

I think slim chance of even getting Morin at 25th and i wouldnt take a defensive d-man in the first round anyways.

With any of the 2nd round picks you could find a big quality defensive d-man.

And you can also wait till 3rd to 5th round, look to the WHL and grab a jumbo d-man project like; Keegan Kanzig 6'7" 240lb, Mitchell Wheaton 6'4" 230lb, Mark McNulty 6'6" 190lb or a Jared Hauf 6'5" 215lb.

Will any ever be able to skate well enough for pros, that is the big question?? But maybe one is a Craig Ludwig or Rick Green type that would be Carey Price's best friend and a slow but smart crease clearer.

Scouting in the past five years for many teams has been about hoarding as many blueliners as possible.

That could finally stop this year, or it could continue which would leave some decent forwards to draft in the first and second round.

Last year was really deep on defence. This year I don't like as much for defence. I'd love for other teams to make a run on the D and leave us with the forwards.

Last year was really deep on defence. This year I don't like as much for defence. I'd love for other teams to make a run on the D and leave us with the forwards.

25-34-36 is a nice group to pick from and a threesome of Erne-Poirier-Klimchuk would suit me.

Commandant, do you think they will go with Compher? I don't know accurate the predictions are since i don't follow pre draft stuff much. Probably depends on if someone falls i guess.

he sounds like the kind of player the Habs can certainly use based on the profections.

It absolutely depends on who falls. However compher's mix of grit and skill would be perfect for the Habs. However if any of the forwards picked in this mock between 14-20 are avaialble I see the Habs grabbing them instead.

It absolutely depends on who falls. However compher's mix of grit and skill would be perfect for the Habs. However if any of the forwards picked in this mock between 14-20 are avaialble I see the Habs grabbing them instead.

Wasn't it Ethan Werek you were really high on back in the day?

Not mocking. I'm still convinced Eric Wellwood will be a bottom six NHLer for a long career.

Wasn't it Ethan Werek you were really high on back in the day?

Not mocking. I'm still convinced Eric Wellwood will be a bottom six NHLer for a long career.

Yes, I was high on Ethan Werek.... he's done though, due to concussions, thats killed his career.

Him and Chipchura stand out as my two big misses.

I am a fan of an underrated Klimchuck (better than Lazar from what i have seen, or maybe flip a coin on those 2) , you have him at 32nd, i like Compher as well, but you would prefer Compher due to being more gritty than Klimchuk?

I would of thought Compher would be more early-mid 2nd round pick?

Never saw Emilev Poirier play, but should he be a target for Habs in 2nd round, on paper seems to a promising local boy for Habs?