March 23, Sabres vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

this is is the type of game I hope the MT and the coaching staff learns from. You really have to switch up the lines in a game like this and shorten the bench. The boys tried in the third after napping in the 2nd, but came up short.

this is is the type of game I hope the MT and the coaching staff learns from. You really have to switch up the lines in a game like this and shorten the bench. The boys tried in the third after napping in the 2nd, but came up short.

I agree. The Plekanec line is stale. Very stale. Eller and Gally were a body crashing the net away from three goals tonight. Buffalo won the game trap style.

Buffalo blocked 31 Montreal shots tonight. That's incredible. The Habs directed 85 shots towards the goal (39 on net, 31 blocked, 15 missed). I have to think that's a season high - that's nearly 1.5 shot attempts per minute.

For my money this was One of Those Games. We massively outclassed the opposition but they played an archetypical 'road game,' got oppotunistic goals and squeaked one out. Buffalo can't trade Miller fast enough to suit me (as long as he moves to the West, that is).

Peraps if the refs called the trips in the first we win this game, but at least Boston lost. If we can beat Boston and Pits again, maybe the experts will take the habs seriously.

The good news is the Campbell line is getting third line minutes, and Johnson /Bartkowski is their third pairing. The Krejci line is struggling also. They're basically playing like a 6th/7th place team.

The good news is the Campbell line is getting third line minutes, and Johnson /Bartkowski is their third pairing. The Krejci line is struggling also. They're basically playing like a 6th/7th place team.

Don't worry, brother, Boston will be there when it counts. That is a damned strong club and my personal bet to come out of the east (alas).

All night it seemed like the guys were 6 inches short of making the play. bad bounces. puck bouncing. They out played the sabres, who had absolutely no buisness being in this game. They got lucky on a bad penalty on Blunden, (i didn't think that was a penalty) unless it was for making too much noise and waking the ref up. And then the stupidest penalty, over the glass, Oh well upwards and onwards. Just a tough game to lose. :habslogo:

Usually only at home.

They did in Toronto at the game I was at on the 27th (Weber was only healthy scratch that night).

As for tonight, Miller stole the game, not much more to say, and nothing to be upset with. Losses happen over a season, and this isn't a bad loss.