April 23, Habs vs New Jersey, 7 PM

dlbalr

I didn't know about that website, but I see now what they've posted.

Here's why I was speculating on 6th:

-if the Habs lose their last 3, they finish with 59 points with 27 wins

-if the Leafs win at least 2 they finish with 59 points with 27 wins

-if the Islanders [who are 8-2 lately] win all 3 of their games, they finish with 59 points and 27 wins

-if all 3 of those come true, then I believe wins are the first tie breaker, followed by either goals for or head-to-head match ups. I'm pretty sure those 3 are the tie breakers, just not sure of the order after the wins.

-before tonight's games, the 3 teams have 139, 138 and 134 goals respectively. It's not a reach to think both teams could outscore the Habs

-both the Leafs and Islanders have beaten the Habs head-to-head this season.

I guess we'll see after Saturday night.

I don't believe that's possible. In over 13 billion simulations from Sports Club Stats (surely every possible scenario was covered), the Habs go no lower than 5th no matter what.

That was a much better period (not just because of Eller's goal either). They were starting to up the ante on the forecheck more; for the first time in a few games, I saw actual signs of life. This one's still up for grabs.

Look's like we'll have to see wolverine's healing powers again - that looked pretty bad!

Look's like we'll have to see wolverine's healing powers again - that looked pretty bad!

I'm worried that's his knee.

Whew! Not only is Max back, he helped out with a good backcheck against Kovalchuk.

I'm worried that's his knee.

it was definitely the knee, hopefully it isn't too bad.

Whew! Not only is Max back, he helped out with a good backcheck against Kovalchuk.

he's back and hopefully it isn't as bad as it looked.

Game got boring, which doesn't favour Montreal.

Nope, they need to up the intensity and go to the net.

If they kept the stats, I am sure Pleks is the most thrown out center in the league.

Too little, too late again.

You can't spot teams three goals and expect to win. The division lead was firmly in their hands and they are doing everything possible to lose it to Boston.

The next two games are going to be much harder to win. The Jets are desperate and Toronto can't wait to set the tone for the first round.

Subban hasn't looked like a superstar for 4 games.

Where's the game-changing player he was all season?

Well.. he changed my mood... :blush:

As CC, was saying, you can't turn your A game on whenever you choose. But this has been a really weird ride of late.

A few weeks ago, I was even being nice to Laff fans. That's how expansive I was.. and in Toronto!!

Now I'm cringing and saying.. "Don't hit me!"

Uggghhhh..

defense terrible again, especially in the first. No offense, lucky break on Pacs goal.

No determination, no grit, no toughness. Where has the net crashing and aggression gone to.

Sorry everyone, i don't like what i've seen the past 2 weeks and i beleive the Tampa game was the last habs win of the season. They'll get swep out of the playoffs, lose thu and get crushed Saturday.

If i'm MB, I have a close eye on the following players come playoff time. Pleks, DD, Gionta, Moen, Gorges.