GDT: Montreal @ Winnipeg, April 25, 7pm

Commandant

I still don't see us winning another game before the playoffs. Team is not playing well at all. Jets need this bad and it shows. Last game in Toronto will be a loss... So we,will be off to,the first round, against Toronto, probably without home ice, for a first round exit.

From the conference lead to disaster... If they took it easy to avoid injuries after clinching on purpose, people need to be fired. Personally, I don't believe it. I think we were playing over our heads and the confidence bubble has burst. Teams now see us as easy to beat with a good first period. We are not this bad either, but I don't see them righting the ship yet and time is slipping away.

I sure hope you're wrong.. .but.... this is a lot of BAAAAAD hockey.

Please let it be the 'made the playoffs' let down.

Not inspiring... but being forced to leave Toronto doesn't seem as bad as it did a while ago.....

Aside from the fact they're trailing, that was a pretty good road period. The Habs have done well to match the Jets' intensity and were starting to control the play in the latter stages. Only being down 1 after 1 is considered progress right about now.

Say what you will about Desharnais' play but he is on fire on the draw right now. He was 70 something percent last game, 5/6 so far tonight. He's teetering on the edge of 50%, a strong night tonight might get him there (that would give them three centres at or above 50%).

I sure hope you're wrong.. .but.... this is a lot of BAAAAAD hockey.

Please let it be the 'made the playoffs' let down.

Not inspiring... but being forced to leave Toronto doesn't seem as bad as it did a while ago.....

I hope I am wrong too, but the team hasn't given me much optimism. I have felt for a month that the leafs would be the last team we want in the first round, but here we go. I never imagined we could lose home ice.

I am glad my hockey season is done so I don't have to get ripped in the room by the leaf fans laughing.

I still don't see us winning another game before the playoffs. Team is not playing well at all. Jets need this bad and it shows. Last game in Toronto will be a loss... So we,will be off to,the first round, against Toronto, probably without home ice, for a first round exit.

From the conference lead to disaster... If they took it easy to avoid injuries after clinching on purpose, people need to be fired. Personally, I don't believe it. I think we were playing over our heads and the confidence bubble has burst. Teams now see us as easy to beat with a good first period. We are not this bad either, but I don't see them righting the ship yet and time is slipping away.

I think that's a pretty big stretch. Let's not forget we were winning a lot of games against non-divisional teams early when they sucked (i.e. Washington). We weren't as good as our record shows and we aren't nearly as bad as we are playing now. This is a team that lacks confidence and the coaching staff is having a tough time making the right adjustments.

Markov on the PK is horrible. DD should not be playing with MaxPac and Gallgher for the past three weeks. Bouillon needs to earn his time and not be given a free pass because he has a history with MT.

I know they are trying to protect Galchenyuk, but Eller and Galchenyuk have been the most consistent players, they should be seeing a bump in their ice time, even at the risk of exposing them against better competition.

I am worried about the playoffs, mainly because the habs are giving up the first goal to often and despite Price's big saves at times, they aren't getting the big saves at critical times. SOmetimes to get out of slump you need your goalie to stand on your head - that hasn't happened when needed. You also need your top guys at least trying to drive hard to the net. That also hasn't happened.

Aside from the fact they're trailing, that was a pretty good road period. The Habs have done well to match the Jets' intensity and were starting to control the play in the latter stages. Only being down 1 after 1 is considered progress right about now.

Say what you will about Desharnais' play but he is on fire on the draw right now. He was 70 something percent last game, 5/6 so far tonight. He's teetering on the edge of 50%, a strong night tonight might get him there (that would give them three centres at or above 50%).

Thats excellent but he needs to produce points because they help more. :)

If you're trying to say that players were overachieving I don't believe that one bit... Who could you say has overachieved? Subban? No he is just starting to play to his potential.. The team is as good as it seemed.. this wasn't a 10 or 20 game stint.. It was 40 games of great hockey.. Not a fluke..

That is a hell of a change from the season start.

I hope I am wrong too, but the team hasn't given me much optimism. I have felt for a month that the leafs would be the last team we want in the first round, but here we go. I never imagined we could lose home ice.

I am glad my hockey season is done so I don't have to get ripped in the room by the leaf fans laughing.

Oh God..nothing more evil than a smiling leaf fan...maybe cancer......nah...nothing worse... I loved wearing my #4 CH with them trying to catch up to it.

I know we're not winning, but I like what I've seen so far.

Easy for you to say; you're well balanced and sane. What about the rest of us, huh?

I think that's a pretty big stretch. Let's not forget we were winning a lot of games against non-divisional teams early when they sucked (i.e. Washington). We weren't as good as our record shows and we aren't nearly as bad as we are playing now. This is a team that lacks confidence and the coaching staff is having a tough time making the right adjustments.

Markov on the PK is horrible. DD should not be playing with MaxPac and Gallgher for the past three weeks. Bouillon needs to earn his time and not be given a free pass because he has a history with MT.

I know they are trying to protect Galchenyuk, but Eller and Galchenyuk have been the most consistent players, they should be seeing a bump in their ice time, even at the risk of exposing them against better competition.

I am worried about the playoffs, mainly because the habs are giving up the first goal to often and despite Price's big saves at times, they aren't getting the big saves at critical times. SOmetimes to get out of slump you need your goalie to stand on your head - that hasn't happened when needed. You also need your top guys at least trying to drive hard to the net. That also hasn't happened.

Again, this wasn't a 10-20 game stint.. It was 40 games of great hockey.. We weren't only winning a lot of games against non divisional teams, we were winning inside out own division as well minus Toronto.. We beat a lot of good teams this year.. We lost games that we should have won, but EVERY SINGLE GAME we were in it till the end.. Win or lose.. Minus that blow out in toronto at the start, we were right in every eventual lose right to the end.. Even the pens.. We held the Pens to 1 goal not that long ago.. How many teams have done that?? You can argue that we weren't as good as our record, but it's 40 games.. Usually 40 games dictate a teams potential..

Edited by NYhabsFan26

Oh God..nothing more evil than a smiling leaf fan...maybe cancer......nah...nothing worse... I loved wearing my #4 CH with them trying to catch up to it.

Easy for you to say; you're well balanced and sane. What about the rest of us, huh?

Drink till you pass out

or puff puff pass

I'd rather him lose every draw and play like he's capable of rather than be on fire on draws and play like he's playing now. He's not playing his high-intensity game in the offensive zone and not playing defense. I yelled at the TV after our last PP when DD skated off. He coasted from their blue line to the bench, while the Jets had the puck and skated past him in our zone before he got to the bench. I mean seriously, if you don't give enough shits to get to the bench, then don't even come to the rink anymore.

• Upvote 1

We were playing inspired hockey for much of this year. We could see the guys flying as a team. I sure miss Emmelin, but I'm hoping the spirit will return when the playoffs start. Why not?

Again, this wasn't a 10-20 game stint.. It was 40 games of great hockey.. We weren't only winning a lot of games against non divisional teams, we were winning inside out own division as well minus Toronto.. We beat a lot of good teams this year.. We lost games that we should have won, but EVERY SINGLE GAME we were in it till the end.. Win or lose.. Minus that blow out in toronto at the start, we were right in every eventual lose right to the end.. Even the pens.. We held the Pens to 1 goal not that long ago.. How many teams have done that?? You can argue that we weren't as good as our record, but it's 40 games.. Usually 40 games dictate a teams potential..

I agree with you. They fought really, really well and won as a team, and it may just be that they're on 80% while waiting for the dance music to start.

Rangers and Buffalo in April

Caolina, Jersey twice

So 5 other times.

I guess we will see next year how great this team is, I think they have potential but things need to go right because they don't have the depth if they run into injuries.

Buckle up I think this period will be exciting.

Chucky got away with one there.

40 games in a short season. We swept the Rangers before they made major changes. We won games against the caps before Ovechkin put things together, and lost two to them since then. We got a lot of wins sweeping everyone else in the horrible South East Division. We won a lot of games against the non-playoff teams and have a losing record against the leafs, lost two games to the isles, sens.

I'm not trying to discount how hard the team has played, or the major turnaround since last year. BUt in a regular 82 game schedule, i don't believe us to be a top 3 team in the East and that's why I'm glad that MB didn't give away major assets for Clowe or Jagr (although he should have been signed last summer).

We were playing inspired hockey for much of this year. We could see the guys flying as a team. I sure miss Emmelin, but I'm hoping the spirit will return when the playoffs start. Why not?

The loss of Emelin this year is as significant as the loss of Markov in previous years.

Rangers and Buffalo in April

Caolina, Jersey twice

So 5 other times.

I guess we will see next year how great this team is, I think they have potential but things need to go right because they don't have the depth if they run into injuries.

Buckle up I think this period will be exciting.

Chucky got away with one there.

They need at least two major upgrades on D (or a major step forward by tinordi/Beaulieau). They also need a big guy who goes hard to the net on a REGULAR basis. Gionta and Gallagher are the only one's who do it with regularity, but they got swatted aside and really can't screen the goalie (having said that I love Gallagher).

I also think DD needs to be moved to the wing.