Oct. 26, Sharks vs Canadiens, 7 PM

dlbalr

A stat I just posted on Twitter, I know some on here won't like this. With the Habs down 2 and 4:22 to go, here's how the D TOI went:

Bouillon: 2:49

Subban: 1:58

Markov: 1:33

Gorges: 1:14

Diaz: 1:10

Beaulieu: 0 (only 1 shift in the 3rd)

In that situation, I'm thinking of sitting Bouillon, not double-shifting him.

Unfortunately, Therrien is a *huge* homer of Bouillon. I've got a bad feeling that he'll be around longer than he should, at least until Bergevin decides enough is enough and doesn't listen to his coach.

Meanwhile on the Island Viny the Coward has a hat trick.

I'm sure Antichambre will lament the Habs not giving him a 5 year contract like Vinny was asking. :-(

Unfortunately, Bouillon is MT's Darche.

A stat I just posted on Twitter, I know some on here won't like this. With the Habs down 2 and 4:22 to go, here's how the D TOI went:

Bouillon: 2:49

Subban: 1:58

Markov: 1:33

Gorges: 1:14

Diaz: 1:10

Beaulieu: 0 (only 1 shift in the 3rd)

In that situation, I'm thinking of sitting Bouillon, not double-shifting him.

And we haven't been for twenty $%@%& years!!!

Agreed--- i get so frustated with people who think we get in playoffs we had a successful year. Last night we played one of the best teams in league, who in all fairness are beat up more than us with injuries. SJ's strength in my mind is up the middle. Ditto for Colorado and Pittsburg. We are work in progress there, but are getting a lot better.

Guest Stogey24

Unfortunately, Therrien is a *huge* homer of Bouillon. I've got a bad feeling that he'll be around longer than he should, at least until Bergevin decides enough is enough and doesn't listen to his coach.

What has Bouillion done wrong this year? He's a solid body that seems to be able to stay healthy more than not(knock on wood). That's already saying a lot more than half if this team. Bouillion showing his respect after the game to Koivu the other night is a prime example of the player he is. If Boullion stays healthy there is no reason he won't resign. He deserves to be there a fell of a lot more than Diaz.

What has Bouillion done wrong this year? He's a solid body that seems to be able to stay healthy more than not(knock on wood). That's already saying a lot more than half if this team. Bouillion showing his respect after the game to Koivu the other night is a prime example of the player he is. If Boullion stays healthy there is no reason he won't resign. He deserves to be there a fell of a lot more than Diaz.

But when you're down by 2 goals with 5 minutes left - Bouillon should be sitting. The offensive players should be on the ice so there's a better chance of scoring a goal. MT spent all game long trying to keep the puck out rather than trying to put the puck in the opponent's net. When down by 2 with 4 minutes left, the game plan has to change. Subban needs to be on the ice more. Period. He will win you games, Bouillon won't. Fact.

Always liked Boullion, but doubt will be resigned, replaced by Tinordi or Pateryn.

Would love to see Emelin resigned before he hits market (I didn't realize he will be UFA), Subban needs signing and Markov will be interesting to see if resigned, will depend how he looks in 2nd half?

But Diaz future may depend on progress of Beaulieu and Nygren in Hamilton, to see if he even makes past trade deadline with Habs? A cheap rental offensive d-man who can play PP, may be in demand come end of Feb... or sooner?

Guest Stogey24

But when you're down by 2 goals with 5 minutes left - Bouillon should be sitting. The offensive players should be on the ice so there's a better chance of scoring a goal. MT spent all game long trying to keep the puck out rather than trying to put the puck in the opponent's net. When down by 2 with 4 minutes left, the game plan has to change. Subban needs to be on the ice more. Period. He will win you games, Bouillon won't. Fact.

I don't disagree with that.

Bouillon gets a lot of crap for being a serviceable number 6 defenseman. I don't get the fans that harp on Moen and Bouillon. For me the criticism is due for our horrible veteran core. Anyone worth their salt on this team is thirty years and under. There seems to be a vacuum between the oft-injured Gionta and the youth coming up. The team has passed the veteran core by. Let's not forget that the resurgence of Markov is due to being carried by PK, and aside from being a foil on the powerplay, his usefulness has past.

I want to make clear that my TOI post from last night wasn't an indictment of Bouillon, but rather him being used so much down the stretch when there were more offensive-minded options available. He's a decent #6...but those guys shouldn't be playing much late in the game.

all this talk of ice time with 5 minutes to go is pointless anyway, we could have gave Zeus 3 minutes of ice at the end and still lost. Fact is, we are not the best teams in the league, we went against one of, if not the best team in the league, With too many key players out of the line up. We would have been in tough with a healthy team, we have far from that on the ice at the moment, we lack scoring punch, character, leadership, and toughness out there right now with our current injuries.

I'm not surprised we lost, and we shouldn't be throwing the team under the bus, and dissecting every coaching decision because we lost to the hottest team in the league at the moment. We didn't get slaughtered, we tried to keep up, we kept the damage to a minimum, and lost by 2 goals, one of which should have dragged a penalty, the other a fluke that probably won't happen the same way again the rest of the season.

lets all settle down and realize this team will be battling for the 7th - 5th spot all year in the conference, and when it loses to top 3 teams in the league, we can't be so quick to run in fear, question everything, and want the team blown up, as is mostly the case with the fanbase.

• Upvote 1

all this talk of ice time with 5 minutes to go is pointless anyway, we could have gave Zeus 3 minutes of ice at the end and still lost. Fact is, we are not the best teams in the league, we went against one of, if not the best team in the league, With too many key players out of the line up. We would have been in tough with a healthy team, we have far from that on the ice at the moment, we lack scoring punch, character, leadership, and toughness out there right now with our current injuries.

I'm not surprised we lost, and we shouldn't be throwing the team under the bus, and dissecting every coaching decision because we lost to the hottest team in the league at the moment. We didn't get slaughtered, we tried to keep up, we kept the damage to a minimum, and lost by 2 goals, one of which should have dragged a penalty, the other a fluke that probably won't happen the same way again the rest of the season.

lets all settle down and realize this team will be battling for the 7th - 5th spot all year in the conference, and when it loses to top 3 teams in the league, we can't be so quick to run in fear, question everything, and want the team blown up, as is mostly the case with the fanbase.

If coach is playing defensive mediocre players, when down by 2 with 5minutes left is worth a word or 2, why wouldn't it be?

I saw Columbus score 2 in a matter of seconds vs the Leafs on Friday with 30 seconds left in game, so with 5 minutes left any team can easily score 2.

If look at standard definition;

Fanatic - "person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause"

which team's "fanbase" isnt generally over reactive after a loss(s)?

And exactly how Habs will sit in April, I aint got a clue and who really does at this juncture of season. I think with mostly full roster with no/minimal key injuries, Habs can match up well against any team on any given night.

If coach is playing defensive mediocre players, when down by 2 with 5minutes left is worth a word or 2, why wouldn't it be?

I saw Columbus score 2 in a matter of seconds vs the Leafs on Friday with 30 seconds left in game, so with 5 minutes left any team can easily score 2.

If look at standard definition;

Fanatic - "person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause"

which team's "fanbase" isnt generally over reactive after a loss(s)?

And exactly how Habs will sit in April, I aint got a clue and who really does at this juncture of season. I think with mostly full roster with no/minimal key injuries, Habs can match up well against any team on any given night.

you are talking about columbus doing that to the leafs, i'm talking about us doing it to the best team in the league, who had us shut down offensively 97% of the night, am I the only one who sees a problem with this?

if you really want to look at Boullion being on the ice during the last 5 minutes as a catalyst reason for the loss, then by all means. But I can type out a laundry list of problems during that game that have nothing to do with boullion, and everything to do with why we lost. Mostly, SJ is simply a better team than us, bigger, stronger, with speed, and did I mention they were the hottest tea in the league when they stopped at the bell center?