Oct. 26, Sharks vs Canadiens, 7 PM

dlbalr

Habs are done. They are icing it when they don't have to. They are playing not to lose. This game was won on reputation. The habs are playing scared. They are not playing their own game.

Add in bad reffing and bad luck, and it is no contest.

San Jose sure improved defensively. I wonder why???

A couple of reasons. Last season they got rid of some older, slower veterans [Ryan Clowe, Douglas Murray, Michal Handzus] which allowed their younger, faster youngsters a chance to get more icetime and improve the overall team speed. Second, it's an Olympic year, and the last time the Olympics were on, the Sharks had a great start to the year with guys like Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau scoring like crazy.

For the defence, I think they're solid with Niemi, and their younger defencemen have all gained experience and improved.

This team plays a really aggressive forecheck with has messed up the Habs and a lot of other teams so far this season.

Guest Stogey24

Egg line is really struggling now that they are playing against the top lines of the other teams. It isn't easy being the top line.

Need to shake the lines up.

A stat I just posted on Twitter, I know some on here won't like this. With the Habs down 2 and 4:22 to go, here's how the D TOI went:

Bouillon: 2:49

Subban: 1:58

Markov: 1:33

Gorges: 1:14

Diaz: 1:10

Beaulieu: 0 (only 1 shift in the 3rd)

In that situation, I'm thinking of sitting Bouillon, not double-shifting him.

A frustrating and somewhat mind-numbing loss. But on the bright side, we mostly hung in with an elite team. The goals came from a powerplay (with a questionable non-call) and a fluky bounce. We were outplayed, but not by too much.

• Upvote 1