2014 NHL Draft

Commandant

Glover @30th eh,

You have a take on swede Adrian Kemp, or American Nick Schmaltz, 2nd rounders or could easily climb to 20-25th by July?

Just mention Kemp as Bergevin-Timmins seem pretty proud of, or pleased with de la Rose and Kemp seems to fit that mold (and as young as a 2014 pick can get).

Kempe is a player I've been trying to follow a bit this year as he's a Barrie pick in the import draft. The Colts are banking on him being a 1st rounder as then the NHL team can sign and assign him to junior regardless of his contract status in Sweden. He and De la Rose would complement each other nicely, Kempe's more of the prototypical PF while De la Rose is a good two-way guy. That'd be a nice 3rd line combo down the road.

I see Adrian Kemp @ 15th on a consensus ranking, so looking he will likely be gone if Habs picking in the 20s. Surprising to see him that high.

Got a take on 2 other RW swedes; David Pastrnak or Anton Karlsson?

Someone mentioned Timmins at Blades game, I assume checking out Nikita Scherbak.

A long interview with Sam Bennett

A scout for an NHL team told me last night, He will be gone before the third pick in the draft. Best forward in the OHL easily. Wouldn’t let me say what team, but its Western Conference.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/03/08/interview-with-nhl-draft-prospect-sam-bennett-of-the-kingston-frontenacs/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Poor Trevor, he was spoiled with all the picks in last couple years and this year a 1st and then waits till 3rd round.

He should be used to that by now. There was a span not that long ago where the Habs went a long time without a 2nd.