2014 NHL Draft

Commandant

#25 is a serious boom or bust prospect in Josh Ho-Sang

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/04/26/2014-nhl-draft-profile-25-josh-ho-sang/

Ho-Sang is a good kid so I hope he proves me wrong but in my time watching him on the Spitfires he just looks like the kind of kid with a ton of talent and no way to take it to the next level.

If he was available to Montreal, I don't know if I'd want him. Even if he sometimes shows offensive performances that rival the best in the OHL.

Ho-Sang is a good kid so I hope he proves me wrong but in my time watching him on the Spitfires he just looks like the kind of kid with a ton of talent and no way to take it to the next level.

If he was available to Montreal, I don't know if I'd want him. Even if he sometimes shows offensive performances that rival the best in the OHL.

I am still on the big physical d-man bandwagon for Habs in late 1st round.

I don't think I'd want him although I haven't done a ton of homework yet on the prospects. He's the type of player who could slip much like Collberg did to the early second round.

I am still on the big physical d-man bandwagon for Habs in late 1st round.

If there was one available. The player you describe just isn't there. The first round D, outside of Aaron Ekblad, are more puck movers than big, physical guys.

Two for One Day as we are moving servers and the site will be up, but I can't update for 24-48 hours.

A forward.

#28 Conner Bleackley of the Red Deer Rebels

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/04/29/2014-nhl-draft-profile-28-conner-bleackley/

A dman. Note that this is only the 5th Dman I have looked at..... Ekblad, Fleury, Honka, McKeown, DeAngelo.

#29 Anthony DeAngelo of the Sarnia Sting

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/04/29/nhl-draft-profile-29-anthony-deangelo/

If there was one available. The player you describe just isn't there. The first round D, outside of Aaron Ekblad, are more puck movers than big, physical guys.

Two for One Day as we are moving servers and the site will be up, but I can't update for 24-48 hours.

A forward.

#28 Conner Bleackley of the Red Deer Rebels

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/04/29/2014-nhl-draft-profile-28-conner-bleackley/

A dman. Note that this is only the 5th Dman I have looked at..... Ekblad, Fleury, Honka, McKeown, DeAngelo.

#29 Anthony DeAngelo of the Sarnia Sting

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/04/29/nhl-draft-profile-29-anthony-deangelo/

Ya I know slim in that category. But, got one in particular, but likely a early 2nd rounder.

So a good year to trade down, but might be hard to deal a 29th pick?

Well, I just hope Glover is still available when Bergevin steps up to podium.

I'm not a big Lemieux fan. I don't think he has top six potential and given the off-ice issues that have occurred already (there are rumblings he was kicked off his USHL team which is what brought him to Barrie), he'd be far lower on my list. I think he can be an NHL'er but he should be closer to a late 2nd/early 3rd in my books. Someone will take him higher given the bloodlines though.

If nothing else, the Habs know what to do with a former C turned d-man in Markov. I like those types of players, it's rare that a player goes from F to D and not the other way around.

kinda think Beaulieu may do better as a winger?

#41 is John Quenneville of the Brandon Wheat Kings
http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/05/14/2014-nhl-draft-profile-41-john-quenneville/

kinda think Beaulieu may do better as a winger?

We talked about this a lot with Subban when he was coming through the system and eventually even in his early years in Montreal.

I wouldn't move Beaulieu. I think he'll get there defensively, and his skating and skill is such a huge weapon when it can come from the back end.

#41 is John Quenneville of the Brandon Wheat Kings

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/05/14/2014-nhl-draft-profile-41-john-quenneville/

We talked about this a lot with Subban when he was coming through the system and eventually even in his early years in Montreal.

I wouldn't move Beaulieu. I think he'll get there defensively, and his skating and skill is such a huge weapon when it can come from the back end.

Yes, speed/confidence will puck will allow him to move puck for sure (and he just seems so darn quick), but -19 in Hamilton simply sucks (same issue for Nygren).

I got the feeling that he didn't train the hardest last summer (assault issues derailed him a bit) and still seems a bit weak for a 6'2" NHL d-man.

+/- doesn't mean a lot to me, especially on a poor team.

He's always on the ice at the end of a game with an empty net... how many of those minuses are EN goals??

How many are just due to poor play of Robert Mayer?

+/- doesn't mean a lot to me, especially on a poor team.

He's always on the ice at the end of a game with an empty net... how many of those minuses are EN goals??

How many are just due to poor play of Robert Mayer?

But, one Mr.Pateryn was on same team, on for just as many EN goals and only Tarnasty was close to Nathan in +/-.

He turned puck over trying to make fancy plays and turned puck over on PP for breakaways way too often and got knocked off puck in own end way too much.

Some seemed to do with a 'I am too good to be here' mindset, which is what bugs me a bit or may be a bit worrisome, but ton of self-confidence isn't an all bad thing and I do love his speed/skill.

But, instead of going to AHL and excelling as Pacioretty did, when was pissed at being demoted and voiced his displeasure. He backed up his words with super play, Nathan floated/sulked, or seemed to anyways.

I hope he keeps helping Habs and Beaulieu works hard in off-season and can stick in the fall and defense picks up. ;)