2014 NHL Draft

Commandant

He'd have to tumble a fair bit to get to Montreal's spot. He'd be a good fit for sure though.

Even as a 16 year old, he looked solid and seems a super all-round player, that would look darn good in a Hab jersey.

But, I didn't think Shinkaruk would ever fall as far as he did last year, so who knows?

(Maybe Timmins has asked Therrien to tank last few games to slide up draft a spot or 2?)

#12 on the draft chart is Jared McCann of the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds

He'd have to tumble a fair bit to get to Montreal's spot. He'd be a good fit for sure though.

Yeah its unlikely, just a great fit though..... I think Alex tuch is more likely for that type of player and our spot.

Or they could go defence this year since we've been forward heavy two drafts in a row.

If Central Scouting is accurate this year, Tuch went from 21 at mid-season to 12. He might be out of our grasp.

No big deal, lots of other good USA, Swedish, Canadian kids will be available in 20-30 range.

And with his size Tuch will be grabbed earlier than should be I bet.

If Central Scouting is accurate this year, Tuch went from 21 at mid-season to 12. He might be out of our grasp.

Central Scouting is done without euros included (they are a separate list)... so you have to knock him down a few notches just based on that.

Any slippage and he could fall to us.

As for my list... here's a euro.

#14 on my list is Kasperi Kapanen.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/04/15/2014-nhl-draft-profile-14-kasperi-kapanen/

Vrana doing well at U18s; Nylander with 15pts in 5 games (Sweden smoked someone 10-0 so stats will be a bit off)

Oskar Lindblom, Adrian Kemp and Milano also doing well.