Montreal vs. NYI | December 14th, 2013 | 1900 EST

Trizzak

Time to bust the slump and get back to playing good hockey.

Projected Habs lines:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere

Bournival-Eller-Gallagher

Moen-Prust-Parros

Markov-Subban

Gorges-Emelin

Murray-Diaz

Price

Lazily projected Isles lines:

Vanek-Tavares-Not Moulson

Not Moulson-Not Moulson-Not Moulson

Visnovsky-Hamonic

Not Streit-Not Streit

Not Streit-Not Streit

A bad goalie

Habs win. Make it so.

• Upvote 1

Some NYI news and notes:

- Ryan Strome (5th overall in 2011) is expected to make his NHL debut for the Islanders.

- Evgeni Nabokov is expected to start, it's his first game back from injury.

- New York has an issue with secondary scoring at the moment. Consider the following:

"Eric Boulton's game-opening goal Thursday was the first by an Islanders forward at even strength other than Vanek, Tavares or Okposo since Boulton's previous goal Nov. 23. New York scored three goals in regulation Thursday for the first time in 10 games."

When Eric Boulton is leading the charge in secondary scoring, something is wrong. It also suggests a lot of players are due.

We play FLA tomorrow.

the panthers have won 2 in a row and are a long way out of a playoff spot, so who cares if we play them tomorrow, should be 2 easy wins in a row. OK now I have jinxed us dammit.

Pressure on Gallagher has been unfair on the last strech. Comparer him to Marchand,,yeah little man

who play hard cannot score all the time but will give you a goal or an opportunity of a goal on every 2 shift

is a must on every winning team. Give him all the 1stshift PP and play him with whoever is hot.

What i cannot undertand is Eller ice time, come on MT Plek and Eller are the must see on the ice on every

important play...

:habslogo::1gohabs: :gohabsgo:First game I have watched in real-time since the playoffs. Just after 3am here in Qatar and a miserable cold won't let me sleep so here I am.-- this change in sched should help them break the streak. Wish they would get on with it the Islanders focus on Strome is frightening/sad (can't get CBC pregame on NHL . com

:habslogo::1gohabs: :gohabsgo:First game I have watched in real-time since the playoffs. Just after 3am here in Qatar and a miserable cold won't let me sleep so here I am.-- this change in sched should help them break the streak. Wish they would get on with it the Islanders focus on Strome is frightening/sad (can't get CBC pregame on NHL . com

Welcome to the thread!

And I hope they win and play hard for you!

That offside call was incorrect but good for the Habs.

Watching Karlsson earlier, it struck me how many goals he gets with a snap or wrist shot picking a top corner. To me, this is the key reason he scores more then PK. PK always wants the big blast which is far easier to block. I wish they would work with PK and develop that snap shot accuracy that Karlsson has. Perhaps he just doesn't have that skill, but not ever goal needs to be driven through the goalie.

Parros should go on injured reserve (permanent) he now has a glass jaw. I think his days of being a fighter are over and he can't play hockey...............so it is time to retire after this season ltir. This team is playing like a bunch of islanders. Did we bring the entire bulldog roster up or what? They better wake up.