Montreal vs. NYI | December 14th, 2013 | 1900 EST

Trizzak

Price gets a shutout on a night I didn't think he had his best stuff but hey they don't ask how. I think maybe gorges needs new skates falling all over the ice not a great game by him. Murray actually looked good even after he got into that footrace. Don Cherry sez parros should not quit (big surprise). This team has to get it's act together they just aren't playing together,. They are not going to the front of the net hard. There was never even the hint of goalie interference on Nabby tonite. They have got to get the fire back.

• Upvote 1

Montreal is doing terrible right now but we're still only three points behind the Bruins, four points ahead of the Wings/Bolts and six points ahead of the Leafs. 11 points ahead of the Blue Jackets. We're in a good position to struggle and get out of this funk. I doubt the team is resting on their laurels.

Looks like I picked the right night to go see the Hobbit. Too bad about Parros, I saw the clip, it's time to hang them up, and let MB take care of him via LTIR. Unfortunately, I don't think he will, fighters like to go out on their shield in search of that last big pay day.

This is the Eller we need to see every night, what could Patcioretty score like with Eller as center for him? Galchenyuk as center for him?

So tired of watching DD and Briere.

Poor George.....Will we see Tarnasky in MTL soon? Leads the Dogs in goals..... and he has fought lots in the NHL....

We best shape up before we play the red hot Panthers.....

Yep, I said it! Red hot and Panthers in the same sentence.

Poor George.....Will we see Tarnasky in MTL soon? Leads the Dogs in goals..... and he has fought lots in the NHL....

Earlier in the year I'd have said yes but not so much now. Most of his goals were early and he has been a major defensive liability out there. Last week (or the week before, I forget now), he led the team in goals and was dead last in the AHL for forward +/-. That's a hard thing to accomplish, especially when you're on a line with another of the top goal getters on the team (Leblanc). I suppose he could give them a few minutes here and there like Parros but I imagine they'll put White back in today; Bourque is also near ready to return so they probably don't need anyone up.

So because Parros got caught by a punch his career is done? Shit happens. Boulton is tough as nails. He's dropped Murray before too.

He should be. He doesn't want to end up like Scott Parker or Gino Odjick. If he does come back, it will be to fight. Without training camp and losing time right away, he doesn't really have the tools to be an effective player. Him coming back, and probably fighting in his first shift brings "Ali-Holmes" to mind. These guys don't really have the benefit of fighting like Floyd Mayweather to stay in the game into their late 30's. At 150+ fights, he has a lot of miles on him. They should of kept Staubitz!

Earlier in the year I'd have said yes but not so much now. Most of his goals were early and he has been a major defensive liability out there. Last week (or the week before, I forget now), he led the team in goals and was dead last in the AHL for forward +/-. That's a hard thing to accomplish, especially when you're on a line with another of the top goal getters on the team (Leblanc). I suppose he could give them a few minutes here and there like Parros but I imagine they'll put White back in today; Bourque is also near ready to return so they probably don't need anyone up.

Tarnasky is a punching bag. If we want someone to go out there and lose every fight like Kostopolous we already have Ryan White.

Guest Stogey24

If Parros has another concussion, then yes, his days are probably done. If not, he'll be back.

LOL, I was just thinking about Staubitz. His only goal came on an empty netter from centre ice. The bench was losing it when he buried.

Just win is name of game. Some entertainment value would be a bonus, but playing bums like Isles, Philly, Sabres, Panthers is hard to get motivated it seems.

I will take a Dumont, White, Leblanc or Blunden as upgrade over any goon.

Great to see Price get shutout, Eller, Gallagher and Galchenyuk played well and Subban/Markov with 8 blocked shot between them, nice to see.

Luongo and Price must be top 2 goalies for Yzerman I would assume and Luongo would be starter if I had to pick between the 2.

If Parros has another concussion, then yes, his days are probably done. If not, he'll be back.

LOL, I was just thinking about Staubitz. His only goal came on an empty netter from centre ice. The bench was losing it when he buried.

That's what it boils down to. Two concussions in nine games?!? And each concussion makes the next one more likely. If he is indeed concussed, then he almost certainly should not be allowed to come back because he is a prime candidate for permanent brain injury. Given what we now know about brain injuries, I cannot believe there is any debate on this.

One lesson from both Parros and that idiot Laraque is not to hire goons in their early to mid 30s. By this point, they're reaching the end of the line. If you want a fighter, you have to breed 'em from within or sign them as UFAS when they're still young.

I know he doesn't want to be that poster boy, but Parros is really shaping up to be a poster boy for why a pure goon is a bad idea. These guys are bare knuckle boxers on skates. It's not like the old days where a hockey player who could fight would get mad and fight someone. usually wrestle around most of it, get a few shots in and it's over. Now we have trained boxers who punch like Ali hitting each other with so much power and purpose. And for nothing. It's a side show as silly as the shoot out. I'm not against fighting, but I am against pure goons.

That's what it boils down to. Two concussions in nine games?!? And each concussion makes the next one more likely. If he is indeed concussed, then he almost certainly should not be allowed to come back because he is a prime candidate for permanent brain injury. Given what we now know about brain injuries, I cannot believe there is any debate on this.

One lesson from both Parros and that idiot Laraque is not to hire goons in their early to mid 30s. By this point, they're reaching the end of the line. If you want a fighter, you have to breed 'em from within or sign them as UFAS when they're still young.

Totally agree CC, in every fighters career there comes that one that takes you out or at least it should. No fighter comes through all thses fights unscathed. George is a hell of a nice guy I have heard, also very smart, I hope he is smart enough to see that this is not getting any better. 2 concussions this close together, not good. And to those wondering if he got a concussion, generally speaking when you are unable to stans and maintain balance, your brain just got wacked , which is a concussion. Quit while you still can george, for the good of your family.

Totally agree CC, in every fighters career there comes that one that takes you out or at least it should. No fighter comes through all thses fights unscathed. George is a hell of a nice guy I have heard, also very smart, I hope he is smart enough to see that this is not getting any better. 2 concussions this close together, not good. And to those wondering if he got a concussion, generally speaking when you are unable to stans and maintain balance, your brain just got wacked , which is a concussion. Quit while you still can george, for the good of your family.

I don't think it should be up to him, to be honest. How can the Habs in good conscience send him out there in the full knowledge that he is at grave risk of becoming permanently handicapped? It brings to mind those fights late in Ali's career, where he was already showing neurological damage and yet being sent out there to receive still more damage. Shame on the people who let that happen - and shame on the Canadiens if they let it happen to George. If Parros wants to keep fighting, it shouldn't be in a Habs jersey.

If Parros wants to keep fighting, it shouldn't be in a Habs jersey.

If Parros wants to keep fighting this year, there's not a lot they can do to stop him. If he gets medically cleared, about the only thing they can do is bench him for every game which will be a distraction after a while. If they don't medically clear him but Parros thinks he's ready, he can get independently tested and, if cleared, make a big case about to the PA and basically force his activation which takes us back to the first point. They can waive/trade him but given the injuries this year, there likely won't be a taker. They can caution him all they want but in the end, it's Parros' decision to make.

If Parros wants to keep fighting this year, there's not a lot they can do to stop him. If he gets medically cleared, about the only thing they can do is bench him for every game which will be a distraction after a while. If they don't medically clear him but Parros thinks he's ready, he can get independently tested and, if cleared, make a big case about to the PA and basically force his activation which takes us back to the first point. They can waive/trade him but given the injuries this year, there likely won't be a taker. They can caution him all they want but in the end, it's Parros' decision to make.

What about what Vancouver did with Manny Malholtra - simply refusing to allow him to suit up on grounds that the team could not in good conscience dress a half-blind player? Or for different reasons, what Gainey did with Laraque?

What about what Vancouver did with Manny Malholtra - simply refusing to allow him to suit up on grounds that the team could not in good conscience dress a half-blind player? Or for different reasons, what Gainey did with Laraque?

Gainey was playing Laraque on the PP in the playoffs and then bought him out in the summer.

The thing with Malhotra is that no one (even independent doctors) were willing to clear him for that reason. Malhotra may very well have been ready to go but medically speaking, it's hard to find someone willing to say a near-half blind player can play in the NHL. I'd be curious to know what happened with Carolina as to whether they cleared him on the physical or signed him in spite of it (both are possibilities).

As for 'pulling a Laraque,' I'm not sure kicking him off the team is the best course of action, even if it's for his own protection. Even then, Parros could get the PA involved and fight it or at the very least, strike up a lot of negative publicity for the team. Laraque could have done this as well but I'm pretty sure even he knew he was realistically finished; it also gave him more time to self-promote which is more or less what he was most interested in doing anyway.