Jan. 28, Carolina vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

We'll see what they do against Boston. I mis spoke earlier, that was 5 in 7 days for Carolina who still carried play for long stretches of the game. Price was excellent.

He's going to have to stand on his head again to have a chance in Boston, they're playing great hockey lately. Hopefully they don't turn it into grudge match, they'll get blown out of the water.

We must celebrate and do the Myposian dance of joy, Parros made it through another game without a concussion. Any bets on whether he makes it through the next one. Probably send him to the hot dog stand for that one.

I liked that Bournival, Beaulieu, Briere all got appropriate icetimes.

Moan also solid player, underrated.

A guy who's best junior output was a whooping 10 goal season in Kelowna and a 8 goal season in the AHL and will be near 700 NHL games soon, he is a super example for the Crisp, Nevins and McCarron's.

Guest Stogey24

I liked that Bournival, Beaulieu, Briere all got appropriate icetimes.

Moan also solid player, underrated.

A guy who's best junior output was a whooping 10 goal season in Kelowna and a 8 goal season in the AHL and will be near 700 NHL games soon, he is a super example for the Crisp, Nevins and McCarron's.

Mccarron is our first round pick. I sure as hell hope he's not watching how Travis Moen plays.

Mccarron is our first round pick. I sure as hell hope he's not watching how Travis Moen plays.

Irrelevant where picked, McCarron seems destined to be bottom six role player at best and highly unlikely to ever score much at NHL level (or even make NHL some would say).

Will see in May if he can play, like his hero Lucic did with Giants in the memorial cup in 06 (minor toughguy role), or 07 where he won MVP.

Guest Stogey24

I'm worried we'll be blown out of the water in Boston, and the conversation will be back where it was yesterday.

The conversation shouldn't change after one game anyways

If he played like Travis Moen this season with more goals I'd be really happy. Moen has been a warrior this season. You can see it in his eyes he wants the playoffs more than any player on the team.

Guest Stogey24

Irrelevant where picked, McCarron seems destined to be bottom six role player at best and highly unlikely to ever score much at NHL level (or even make NHL some would say).

Will see in May if he can play, like his hero Lucic did with Giants in the memorial cup in 06 (minor toughguy role), or 07 where he won MVP.

How is it irrelevant where picked? When a team selects a player in the first they have high expectations. The goal is a top 6 power forward for this kid. They wouldn't have wasted their first pick on this kid if they think he destined to be a fourth liner.

How is it irrelevant where picked? When a team selects a player in the first they have high expectations. The goal is a top 6 power forward for this kid. They wouldn't have wasted their first pick on this kid if they think he destined to be a fourth liner.

I really wish people would pay attention to your first sentence more. This draft more than others, the first three picks are completely indistinguishable and it doesn't really matter who we selected in what spot. I think the team sees McCarron, Fucale and de la Rose as the same importance and would have selected Fucale or de la Rose first if they thought they would have been taken before McCarron.

If it makes you sleep better to think Fucale was our first pick and McCarron was our third, it doesn't really change anything to the team.

Draft is history and a crapshoot at best of times (unless you have a top 5 or so pick)

and at 25th many picks around there fade and don't develop at all and to date McCarron simply sucks.

I do hope he develops and he is still very young. But, I still think he was a 50-60th pick quality.

Draft is history and a crapshoot at best of times (unless you have a top 5 or so pick)

and at 25th many picks around there fade and don't develop at all and to date McCarron simply sucks.

I do hope he develops and he is still very young. But, I still think he was a 50-60th pick quality.

I agree, for what it's worth, they had quick skill ratings on the draft special I watched, and his was much lower than the picks around him. My guess is that Bergevin and Timmons wanted someone else and went for a reach pick.

I agree, for what it's worth, they had quick skill ratings on the draft special I watched, and his was much lower than the picks around him. My guess is that Bergevin and Timmons wanted someone else and went for a reach pick.

Oh well, Timmins does just fine overall and i just hope he sees something in the big kid that many of us dont?

Looks like Habs will be middle pick again 15-24th and are numerous good looking kids again that should fall in that range and another 22nd pick like Pacioretty & Tinordi were, would be fine by me.

Is dlbalr going to make the next game thread tonight, or will he break his reverse jinx?

Either way, it will somehow all be his fault.

I'd like the record to reflect that I intended to do the GDT tonight before seeing this message.

That said, a loss tomorrow will now be pinned on you for calling for the early GDT.

I'd like the record to reflect that I intended to do the GDT tonight before seeing this message.

That said, a loss tomorrow will now be pinned on you for calling for the early GDT.

That's a new rule! We'll have to consult the council.

If rejected, the council will assign double blame to you, and your reverse jinxes must thenceforth be jinxed an extra time.

• Upvote 1