Canada vs Latvia 12:00pm

Guest Stogey24

Can't overlook that if Canada was on the wrong end of those bad calls in overtime we'd all be pissed (the Canadians here, at least). The first penalty to the US was a little tap to the goalie's pads - I get that they were warned after a slash on the goalie which should have been called, but it was really weak. It seemed like a make up call so there wouldn't be 4 on 3 to decide the game. Then it looked like a clear trip on Wickenheiser (although on the replay it looked incidental), and it seemed like an obvious penalty shot. Instead it's a phantom cross-check, and a 4 on 3 in overtime which is probably better offensively than a penalty shot.

It's strange that they had a ref from Britain officiating the biggest game in women's hockey.

Can't overlook that if Canada was on the wrong end of those bad calls in overtime we'd all be pissed (the Canadians here, at least). The first penalty to the US was a little tap to the goalie's pads - I get that they were warned after a slash on the goalie which should have been called, but it was really weak. It seemed like a make up call so there wouldn't be 4 on 3 to decide the game. Then it looked like a clear trip on Wickenheiser (although on the replay it looked incidental), and it seemed like an obvious penalty shot. Instead it's a phantom cross-check, and a 4 on 3 in overtime which is probably better offensively than a penalty shot.

It's strange that they had a ref from Britain officiating the biggest game in women's hockey.

You are absolutely right Neech, there would have rioting in the streets (ok I exagerate) but the hockey gods smiled upon the canadian women today. Lets hope they are still smiling on canadians tomorrow.

I FORCED my 4 1/2 year old daughter to watch.

She has an American mom and Canadian dad..

Didn't want to tell her who to root for. But when i told her the men were playing tomorrow, she said since the american women lost today, the men would win against Canada tomorrow...take it for what it's worth.

Hope this plants a seed in her little but oh so powerful mind...

I would be so proud as a dad of anyone of these girls that played today. They left it ALL on the ice.

Hope the men were watching...

I FORCED my 4 1/2 year old daughter to watch.

She has an American mom and Canadian dad..

Didn't want to tell her who to root for. But when i told her the men were playing tomorrow, she said since the american women lost today, the men would win against Canada tomorrow...take it for what it's worth.

Hope this plants a seed in her little but oh so powerful mind...

I would be so proud as a dad of anyone of these girls that played today. They left it ALL on the ice.

Hope the men were watching...

Well I hope for once that "from the mouths of babes" is wrong. :)