Game 2: Habs vs Lightning, 7 PM

dlbalr

Great 2nd period! Defense was superb and 2 nice goals.

Im watching the hockey night in canada feed. Whos the venimously anti Habs commentator? Not the play by play, but his side kick... Hes really pissing me off. Even the Tampa commentors pay the habs more compliments.

A pp goal, is everyone happy now? :clap:

And Prust does what he is good at.

Thankfully. As a hockey player, he has been more of a liability than an asset so far in the series. Let's hope he will get his game back soon.

What a great period. Good fight by Prust, good hits by Emelin, great saves by Price, good goals by DD and Bourque, good coverage in our zone, bounce-back game by PK - all great stuff. Two goal lead is the most dangerous one in hockey, but I sure am stoked about our performance so far. Even these CBC hacks are grudgingly giving us respect :thumbs_up:

I don't hate Healy like most do - it's not that he hates the Habs, he hates everything. Watch a Toronto game when they're playing, say, Detroit, and he's harping on Leaf players all game. When it's two Canadian teams, someone gets in his ear to stick to the script. That's just his schtick. He'll still be around come next year I presume.

That was a pretty even period, both teams had a handful of good chances. To Montreal's credit, theirs went in. The next 20 minutes will be huge, a 2-0 series lead heading home would be a fantastic place to be. I expect Tampa to have their best period yet in the 3rd, though so the Habs better be ready.

What a great period. Good fight by Prust, good hits by Emelin, great saves by Price, good goals by DD and Bourque, good coverage in our zone, bounce-back game by PK - all great stuff. Two goal lead is the most dangerous one in hockey, but I sure am stoked about our performance so far. Even these CBC hacks are grudgingly giving us respect :thumbs_up:

hey you stole what I was going to say.

TB. Is nervous right about now. This is a pretty terrific state of affairs thusfar.

Are we seeing great coaching here?

Which series are you talking about :)

Screw that, I want to be up 2-0 going into 3rd period instead of 1-0 anyday of week.

But agree, in being pumped at Habs play through 6 periods. :thumbs_up:

Something to note, the 3rd pairing really isn't playing much. Bouillon's on pace for around 16 minutes, Weaver 13. Emelin's near 17 minutes already.

Weaver is struggling. Bouillon shows his age. Not a great pairing so far.

Something to note, the 3rd pairing really isn't playing much. Bouillon's on pace for around 16 minutes, Weaver 13. Emelin's near 17 minutes already.

Emelin is young guy (27) and should handle extra ice, both he and Markov seem to have a jump in step today.

Nice to see Subban get 2a so far and Gorges/Weaver's been 'steady'.

Great 2nd period! Defense was superb and 2 nice goals.

Im watching the hockey night in canada feed. Whos the venimously anti Habs commentator? Not the play by play, but his side kick... Hes really pissing me off. Even the Tampa commentors pay the habs more compliments.

Jim Hughson

Could hardly ask for more. I'm really impressed with Les Boys

Another sweet period so far. I keep waiting for that anvil to fall on our heads, this seems to good to be true ;)

I know what you mean..... I have my toes crossed...