2014 Offseason Thread

dlbalr

According to the Islanders this is the year they go for the cup! :scared:

They have no first round pick and will be leaving Nassau soon. They might as well go for broke. Especially since they have two very underrated players in Nielsen and Okposo and a full season of Tavares with Grabovski/Kulemin as secondary scoring and two way hockey is a pretty good build for them. Boychuk and Leddy are not world beaters by any stretch of the imagination but I think their defence certainly looks better than the Oilers does now.

They have no first round pick and will be leaving Nassau soon. They might as well go for broke. Especially since they have two very underrated players in Nielsen and Okposo and a full season of Tavares with Grabovski/Kulemin as secondary scoring and two way hockey is a pretty good build for them. Boychuk and Leddy are not world beaters by any stretch of the imagination but I think their defence certainly looks better than the Oilers does now.

And if wishing could make it so then all beggars would be riding tall in the saddle. They are dreaming in technicolor, they do not have the team now and no way to improve it.

Being the islanders, Leddy will suffer serious knee injury and retire and Boychuk will walk next spring for nothing. Good work Snow, keep on driving bus into ditch.

Ryan Johansen gets a 3 year deal, that takes him to just one year shy of UFA. It's a $4 M cap hit and I presume it's backloaded.

Edit: 3/3/6 - yeah, that's a bit backloaded. The QO after the deal is $6 M as a result.