Dec. 6, Montreal vs Dallas, 7 PM

dlbalr

Just watched Scherbak 3 pt game from a while ago, highlights Everett game (I posted link on prospect thread, but was so 'cool' and worth a view for non-game day)

(deleted WHL video, had ads, crap and not as good as youtube clip below)

his 2nd goal is simply awesome, kid can play.

(in other highlight, I seen, shows Scherbak went end to end and simply blew through defenders, can see his linemates shaking their heads at goal they just saw: this is better video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8hyOFktsFI

he strongly reminds me of Galchenyuk

Scherbak could very well be a Galchenyuk-clone! Is there any way we can fast forward 2-3 years? darnit, didn't think so :flaming:

No and by the way this current club is developing players.............price will be on his way out when these replacement forwards and unknown D of the future are ready......certainly markov will be done.

No and by the way this current club is developing players.............price will be on his way out when these replacement forwards and unknown D of the future are ready......certainly markov will be done.

Yeah, it's like we're the Detroit Red Wings or something. Keeping prospects in the AHL for two or three seasons so they are totally ruined and never make the NH ohhhhh wait they jumped us in the standings.

Yeah, it's like we're the Detroit Red Wings or something. Keeping prospects in the AHL for two or three seasons so they are totally ruined and never make the NH ohhhhh wait they jumped us in the standings.

That's not a model of development in the least bit. Detroit was stacked with talent for years and kept the kids down. Now that they've been taken down a peg they have plenty of kids on the roster, especially at defense.

Good point i must say.

Yes, cant win no matter what Mgmt does, it is always suspect, just like they friggin ruined Louis Leblanc, what a shame.

No.... wait they were dumb, he was a bust and shitty pick and only drafted him because he was french, no... was because Martin hated kids also?

Worst development system in NHL, can you imagine ruining young d in the minors like they are, what a waste..bunch of maroons!

:cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile:

That's not a model of development in the least bit. Detroit was stacked with talent for years and kept the kids down. Now that they've been taken down a peg they have plenty of kids on the roster, especially at defense.

You're right, they do:

Tatar: 289 AHL games

Jurco: 138 AHL games (and still on his ELC)

Sheahan: 142 AHL games

Lashoff: 191 minor pro games (188 AHL, 3 ECHL)

Nyquist: 147 AHL games

Smith: 152 AHL games

Glendening: 123 minor pro games

Andersson: 209 AHL games

Seems to me there's a trend (and I just went with the regular 25-and-under crew on their roster). Those youngsters get NHL time after they spend 2 full years or more in the minors, even now when the long-time veteran Wings have long since retired. This seems to work for them and it looks like the Habs, among other teams, follow a similar path.

You're right, they do:

Tatar: 289 AHL games

Jurco: 138 AHL games (and still on his ELC)

Sheahan: 142 AHL games

Lashoff: 191 minor pro games (188 AHL, 3 ECHL)

Nyquist: 147 AHL games

Smith: 152 AHL games

Glendening: 123 minor pro games

Andersson: 209 AHL games

Seems to me there's a trend (and I just went with the regular 25-and-under crew on their roster). Those youngsters get NHL time after they spend 2 full years or more in the minors, even now when the long-time veteran Wings have long since retired. This seems to work for them and it looks like the Habs, among other teams, follow a similar path.

They've been forced to play more kids. They would definitely play guys like Tinordi and Beaulieu instead of Murray, Francis Bouillon and Bryan Allen. They would have a useless, over the hill lug and get rid of him.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=33952

Yes, cant win no matter what Mgmt does, it is always suspect, just like they friggin ruined Louis Leblanc, what a shame.

No.... wait they were dumb, he was a bust and shitty pick and only drafted him because he was french, no... was because Martin hated kids also?

Worst development system in NHL, can you imagine ruining young d in the minors like they are, what a waste..bunch of maroons!

You really like cookies don't you Don?

I hated the Leblanc pick - he is a poster child why they should never have another draft in Montreal. But once they picked him, given that he was a pretty light player, he would have been much better served if they had left him develop in Harvard for 2 or 3 years, so he could fill out. Kreider was drafted with him, was bigger than him, but spend more time in the college ranks.

They've been forced to play more kids. They would definitely play guys like Tinordi and Beaulieu instead of Murray, Francis Bouillon and Bryan Allen. They would have a useless, over the hill lug and get rid of him.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=33952

Well, they have kept the corpse of Todd Bertuzzi up until this year, Dan Cleary was past his prime ages ago and is still there now, Tomas Holmstrom played until he was 38. Commodore (your link) played for Detroit in 2011-12, most of the players on my list above were playing for Detroit's farm team at that time. Those old guys I mentioned were as well. Guess who played and who didn't. The old guys played and the young ones were farmed out.

Well, they have kept the corpse of Todd Bertuzzi up until this year, Dan Cleary was past his prime ages ago and is still there now, Tomas Holmstrom played until he was 38. Commodore (your link) played for Detroit in 2011-12, most of the players on my list above were playing for Detroit's farm team at that time. Those old guys I mentioned were as well. Guess who played and who didn't. The old guys played and the young ones were farmed out.

Then MB signs him! Unreal.

Yes he was cut by them after a PTO wasn't it? Why bring him up, the dogs needed someone to fill Alex Henry's role and still are looking?

Why so much fixation on bottom d-men, I don't get it?

When a Jori Lehtera, Johnny Hockey, even Shattenkirk are outscoring every Hab player and Pacioretty is now 55th in scoring race.

Don't you think lack of offense from all 4 forward lines is main weak point.

PK is 10th in d-scoring, doing his thing and would surely be higher if his forwards could bury a few more pucks.

Yes he was cut by them after a PTO wasn't it? Why bring him up, the dogs needed someone to fill Alex Henry's role and still are looking?

Why so much fixation on bottom d-men, I don't get it?

When a Jori Lehtera, Johnny Hockey, even Shattenkirk are outscoring every Hab player and Pacioretty is now 55th in scoring race.

Don't you think lack of offense from all 4 forward lines is main weak point.

PK is 10th in d-scoring, doing his thing and would surely be higher if his forwards could bury a few more pucks.

why the fixation for bottom pairing Dmen??? Because that's pretty much all we trade for - regardless of how ridiculous there salary is. Constant revolving door, instead of trying to get stability by picking up a viable #3/#4 dman.

You want Bourque, Gorges, Bouillon, Moan back and actually trade a top line forward (pacioretty is bout it) for a top d-man? When forward group already cant score much?

You gonna lose your armchair GM status with moves like that. And don't you want short term deal vets who can be stuffed in pressbox, so Beaulieu/Tinordi can have a spot when ready to outplay them.

Beaulieu was just called up and will see how lost he gets when the Sedins start going globetrotters on him, when Habs ice the puck for 1st time.

Guest Stogey24

why the fixation for bottom pairing Dmen??? Because that's pretty much all we trade for - regardless of how ridiculous there salary is. Constant revolving door, instead of trying to get stability by picking up a viable #3/#4 dman.

This team is hemmed in their own zone more than not when bottom 4 D on the ice. I'm not sure what everyone's fixation is with Emelin. The guy is a turn over machine and has zero foot speed. He has 20 give away's for every 5 take away's. Being the fifth highest paid player on the Habs, I expect a lot more out of him.

He wasn't ever a puck mover, he is 5th in NHL hits + blocked shots; he is best +/- on Habs d playing 21:50 game, but do agree that his decision making isn't very good and he isn't fleet afoot. But, he unlikely is going anywhere anytime soon.

And a bit that you may expect too much? He is what he is.

Do you realize what a top 4d upgrade to play 22minutes/game would cost, would need to be a Boychuk, Weisniewski, Erhoff, Seabrook type? And how much higher than current 22nd in goal scoring would it make them, with weakened forward group but good top 4? 15th?

Are top offensive teams led by the defense?

Guest Stogey24

He wasn't ever a puck mover, he is 5th in NHL hits + blocked shots; he is best +/- on Habs d playing 21:50 game, but do agree that his decision making isn't very good and he isn't fleet afoot. But, he unlikely is going anywhere anytime soon.

And a bit that you may expect too much? He is what he is.

Do you realize what a top 4d upgrade to play 22minutes/game would cost, would need to be a Boychuk, Weisniewski, Erhoff, Seabrook type? And how much higher than current 22nd in goal scoring would it make them, with weakened forward group but good top 4? 15th?

Are top offensive teams led by the defense?

You could have the best offense in the game, but if you can't get the Puck out of your own end routinely what's the point?

You want Bourque, Gorges, Bouillon, Moan back and actually trade a top line forward (pacioretty is bout it) for a top d-man? When forward group already cant score much?

You gonna lose your armchair GM status with moves like that. And don't you want short term deal vets who can be stuffed in pressbox, so Beaulieu/Tinordi can have a spot when ready to outplay them.

Beaulieu was just called up and will see how lost he gets when the Sedins start going globetrotters on him, when Habs ice the puck for 1st time.

what i want us to stop trading for or continue signing the Schneider, Kaberle, Bouillon, Murray, Allan, Gilbert and Gonchar's of the world. By the same token we have given up Beauchiman, Hainsey, McDonough for nothing or garbage. Our net additions on defense pale to the grunts we added.

I never wanted Bouillon and i certainly didn't want us to resign Moen when MB did. Great that he dumped him, but there is no way he should of gotten he 3 or 4 year deal he did a few years back.

I'm tired off the patchwork deals and signings for 4th line grunts and bottom pairing dmen. We need to add in top 6 forwards and second pairing men. To do that yes, we have to give up players to do it. That's the friggin GM's job.

Buffalo's been in sell mode since last year and is chasing after picks and prospects. instead of wasting cap space on Gilbert, why not trade some prospects and a pick for a guy like Myers. Last summer instead of moving Gorges for a pick, we got have added in a pick and prospects for Myers.

At some point we need to move DD, Eller, or Pleks. I've been saying since last year, and Pleks can get us that top 3 or top 6 scorer in a package deal that we need to be a REAL contender. DD is the guy I' want to move, but Pleks is the only one who can get us a bona-fide top 6 winger.

Prospects and picks don't get you Myers that is why. YOu got to give em Pacioretty, Galchenyuk or Gallagher.

What you mean got to move DD Eller and Plekanec :blush: too funny? You living in galldarn lollipop land and think can just trade em as if they are hockey cards?

LIke i said your Armchair GM license will be revoked and HabFan card need turning in, if you keep proposing this foolish stuff. :nuts: