WJC 2014

ICEWATER77

Congrats to the Slovaks for pulling off the bronze medal. Something told me they could do it as I wondered if Sweden wouldn't be up for the game (while Slovakia most assuredly would). Reway had 3 assists, moving him into 2nd all-time in Slovakia WJC scoring, one point behind Richard Panik.

Not surprisingly, Reway was named one of Slovakia's top three players. A bit more surprisingly, so too was de la Rose, who was pointless in the last five games. I thought he played well away from the puck but generally those types of players don't get top three recognition.

Fucale really struggles with rebounds

That has been a big weakness for him. He usually makes the first save but gets in trouble corralling it after. His defence certainly isn't helping the cause tonight though, two goals have come with Russia all over Fucale in the crease. He'll need a big third period.

Guest Stogey24

That has been a big weakness for him. He usually makes the first save but gets in trouble corralling it after. His defence certainly isn't helping the cause tonight though, two goals have come with Russia all over Fucale in the crease. He'll need a big third period.

Ya, Canada got really sloppy there. Hopefully strong third

From what I have seen, cant say am overwhelmed by Fucale's play.

But, darn goalies are a weird bunch and maybe he will be red hot in playoffs and then Hamilton next year?

Mcdavid took a few games to get rolling, but as the games went on and thus became more important, he elevated his game and was an integral part of the offense. He took the #1 pick and signed his name to it. Eichel started out great, and petered out, just like the US team.

But, darn goalies are a weird bunch and maybe he will be red hot in playoffs and then Hamilton next year?

Fucale shakey at best. Rebound control still needs a ton of work.

Domi and Nurse dominated

Fucale seems to be one of those goalies who just wins. If you only give him three goals of support, he'll allow two. If he gets more support, he'll allow more. But at the end of the day, his team wins a lot of games when Fucale is between the pipes. Hopefully he'll get more technically sound as he progresses.

Fucale seems to be one of those goalies who just wins. If you only give him three goals of support, he'll allow two. If he gets more support, he'll allow more. But at the end of the day, his team wins a lot of games when Fucale is between the pipes. Hopefully he'll get more technically sound as he progresses.

This is the line on him ^ ... he makes big timely saves in the crunch, and just wins...

This is the line on him ^ ... he makes big timely saves in the crunch, and just wins...

By this time next year hope Condon and Fucale are both battling hard for that #1 role with Dogs.

Guest Stogey24

By this time next year hope Condon and Fucale are both battling hard for that #1 role with Dogs.

If Fucale steps up; how amazing would it be to have another premier goalie put on a Habs Jersey as Price gets near the end of his career.