Jacob De La Rose Recalled

Interesting selection fro call up, they said Eller is likely to play but is ?

Hamilton dosent play till Friday and Sabres =AHL team, so will the big Swede play?

Hamilton PBP guys say he is one of best PK forwards and given how young he is, maybe is just a vote of confidence and a few days with big club?

But of course most would be much more excited with your 'blockbuster' reason for call up.

Bournival, Thomas and guy they just called up (can't remember his name) have all been relatively poor. They didn't add anything to the lineup. Especially on the 3rd and 4th lines. they are all small being added to a small lineup.

De La Rose has size, and from what I know of him is really good with the defensive game. Can he play and help the lineup is the question.

Hudon I read is tearing it up but bringing him up to play on the bottom lines doesn't make sense.

I would try Sekac on the first line, play Prust and Weisse with De La Rose. See what happens

common Chris-can't remember Gabriel Dumont's name?

I'm a little surprised they called anyone up. I'd have just put Bournival back in.

Maybe Malhotra is sitting tomorrow?

It was his penalty that got Arizona back into the game. Maybe that was the final straw for Therrien?

Maybe Malhotra is sitting tomorrow?

It was his penalty that got Arizona back into the game. Maybe that was the final straw for Therrien?

He could be sitting. It shouldn't be a final straw situation for Malhotra though. They are going to need him down the stretch; faceoff guys are very important in the playoffs.

Bournival, Thomas and guy they just called up (can't remember his name) have all been relatively poor. They didn't add anything to the lineup. Especially on the 3rd and 4th lines. they are all small being added to a small lineup.

De La Rose has size, and from what I know of him is really good with the defensive game. Can he play and help the lineup is the question.

Hudon I read is tearing it up but bringing him up to play on the bottom lines doesn't make sense.

I would try Sekac on the first line, play Prust and Weisse with De La Rose. See what happens

I thought Thomas had a decent run in the last few games. He was often around the net with good scoring chances.

I have high expectations for JDLR with the big club eventually. I think his game is well suited for the NHL and should make the transition fairly easy.

He has the profile of a guy the Red Wings would draft and laugh to the bank. All depends on how he translates offensively.

He is still a teenager and I thought he got better as game went on and more aggressive/less tentative than 1st period meltdown of their line.

I kinda liked the dela Rose, Eller and Sekac line. All forecheck, good sized and can skate.

Give de la Rose another 2 years and two off more seasons in the gym, he may be a good one? (or be like Eller and just not progress as expected)

He is still a teenager and I thought he got better as game went on and more aggressive/less tentative than 1st period meltdown of their line.

I kinda liked the dela Rose, Eller and Sekac line. All forecheck, good sized and can skate.

Give de la Rose another 2 years and two off more seasons in the gym, he may be a good one? (or be like Eller and just not progress as expected)

I really think we maybe should have given him another game to see what he can do. 1st game nerves etc, I agree he did do better as the game went on, so I would have given him a mulligan on the 1st period and let him have another try.

Maybe was set in stone he was 1 and done in Montreal as token of good work? And maybe a bit too see how 'NHL ready' he may be, with trade deadline upcoming?

(If does trade Malhotra, Eller, Weise or someone else in next few weeks)

Maybe was set in stone he was 1 and done in Montreal as token of good work? And maybe a bit too see how 'NHL ready' he may be, with trade deadline upcoming?

(If does trade Malhotra, Eller, Weise or someone else in next few weeks)

Yeah good points. We never know the Rest of the Story.

I really think we maybe should have given him another game to see what he can do. 1st game nerves etc, I agree he did do better as the game went on, so I would have given him a mulligan on the 1st period and let him have another try.

As a junior-aged player, he's subject to the 9-game threshold you always hear about at the beginning of seasons. There isn't a lot of room for him to get extra tries now as a result, especially if they think he could still have an impact later in the year. They'll want to save those games for when he can make more of an impact than he did/can now. They've seen where he's at, it'll be a while before he gets that second look I would think.