Apr. 9, Wings vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

I'm glad the Kings are out for two reasons. The first is that I'm tired of the narrative that they "slept" through the regular season. They struggled and then peaked at the right time. Second, any team that lets Slava Voynov skate with them after his criminal charges deserves nothing but the worst.

I don't want to get into it, or intimate a personal history that's not there, but he's innocent until proven guilty and sitting him for this long without any sort of hearing or defined suspension is just a political ploy. Look at Varlamov. He's entitled to due process. He should have sat for 10 games with any further punishment delayed until a formal outcome. Time for the NHL to put on its big boy pants and not let the people with agendas dictate discipline. He's guilty by way of internet. DISGUSTING.

If I were him and I were found not guilty I would sue the NHL for triple damages, and probably win.

There's so much focus on Pacioretty but Plekanec has only eight points less than him with one more game played. Subban has only seven points less than Patches. Plek has 25 goals and Gally 24. Desharnais and Galchenyuk are almost 50 point players. Our top guys get the job done.

In the last two games, Plekanec has four points. Subban and Markov have combined for six points. Petry has three points.

Yes, Pacioretty has been our offensive leader but that doesn't mean he stands alone. We went through this season thinking Montreal would be led by our depth and instead we were led by our stars. Price, Pacioretty, Subban, Markov, Plekanec, Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Desharnais have, more than not, been our best players. When one goes down, that doesn't mean the scoring stops.

There's so much focus on Pacioretty but Plekanec has only eight points less than him with one more game played. Subban has only seven points less than Patches. Plek has 25 goals and Gally 24. Desharnais and Galchenyuk are almost 50 point players. Our top guys get the job done.

In the last two games, Plekanec has four points. Subban and Markov have combined for six points. Petry has three points.

Yes, Pacioretty has been our offensive leader but that doesn't mean he stands alone. We went through this season thinking Montreal would be led by our depth and instead we were led by our stars. Price, Pacioretty, Subban, Markov, Plekanec, Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Desharnais have, more than not, been our best players. When one goes down, that doesn't mean the scoring stops.

Yeah.........but whats he gonna to do in de playofvs?

:rofl:

Guest Stogey24

Ya, the thing is though, teams try to shut down Pacioretty. He's their main target. Without him in our line up teams can target a wider margin of players.

We have scored 211 goals this season. Max Pacioretty was directly responsible for 37 of them, and another 30 goals scored by others would not have been scored without Max on the ice.

That's 32% of our goals that disappear without Patches. Yes, we have other good players, who may continue to produce at similar rates without Max (although his loss would impact any who pass to him or get passes from him.) But without him we go from scoring 2.61 goals per game, to 1.78 goals per game this year. That would mean we'd be competing with Buffalo for last place, even with Carey Price in our net.

Even more telling, the Habs have, as a team, scored 30 more goals than they have allowed. Patches is a +38, and was also involved in 11 powerplay goals that do not count in that +38. That means, if we discount goals scored while Patches is on the ice, this team is a -19.

He's essential to moving forward. Even when he doesn't produce, he's drawing the best defenders the opposing teams have and opening up space for our other guys. If he's not back, we're toast.

We have scored 211 goals this season. Max Pacioretty was directly responsible for 37 of them, and another 30 goals scored by others would not have been scored without Max on the ice.

That's 32% of our goals that disappear without Patches. Yes, we have other good players, who may continue to produce at similar rates without Max (although his loss would impact any who pass to him or get passes from him.) But without him we go from scoring 2.61 goals per game, to 1.78 goals per game this year. That would mean we'd be competing with Buffalo for last place, even with Carey Price in our net.

Even more telling, the Habs have, as a team, scored 30 more goals than they have allowed. Patches is a +38, and was also involved in 11 powerplay goals that do not count in that +38. That means, if we discount goals scored while Patches is on the ice, this team is a -19.

He's essential to moving forward. Even when he doesn't produce, he's drawing the best defenders the opposing teams have and opening up space for our other guys. If he's not back, we're toast.

They can make it through the first round without him.

I don't want to get into it, or intimate a personal history that's not there, but he's innocent until proven guilty and sitting him for this long without any sort of hearing or defined suspension is just a political ploy. Look at Varlamov. He's entitled to due process. He should have sat for 10 games with any further punishment delayed until a formal outcome. Time for the NHL to put on its big boy pants and not let the people with agendas dictate discipline. He's guilty by way of internet. DISGUSTING.

If I were him and I were found not guilty I would sue the NHL for triple damages, and probably win.

But he aint American, so unlikely to sue. :nuts:

Well, announced that Price gets start in Toronto tomorrow?

Why they want to push their luck, not sure.

I would be calling up AHLers and sitting as many Habs as I could.

They want home ice in Round 2 evidently. As for recalls, they're limited to three and I doubt they'll use more than one if any.

If you remove a player from the lineup, their production doesn't just get removed from the equation. If Max didn't play at all this season, the Habs wouldn't have scored 1.78 goals per game, it doesn't work like that. It would be the difference between his totals and whoever filled in for him. Because he is an elite scorer, you can make the assumption that goal totals would drop, but not by the amount he scored. His ice time would go to other players who would then have the opportunity to score, albeit at an assumed lower rate. Regardless, your point is correct that he is essential to the overall success of the team.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Did Markov not get hurt in this game a few years back? Risky game to be playing Carey

If you remove a player from the lineup, their production doesn't just get removed from the equation. If Max didn't play at all this season, the Habs wouldn't have scored 1.78 goals per game, it doesn't work like that. It would be the difference between his totals and whoever filled in for him. Because he is an elite scorer, you can make the assumption that goal totals would drop, but not by the amount he scored. His ice time would go to other players who would then have the opportunity to score, albeit at an assumed lower rate. Regardless, your point is correct that he is essential to the overall success of the team.

Absolutely. I wasn't saying that we don't have any need for Pacioretty the way people talk about Desharnais. I'm saying that the other forwards and defencemen on the team scoring at healthy levels deserve a lot more credit. We've been shut out many times with Pacioretty healthy and we've scored eight goals in two games without him. He's the lynchpin of our offence but that doesn't mean he's Pavel Bure with the Florida Panthers.

Did Markov not get hurt in this game a few years back? Risky game to be playing Carey

Actually I doubt the Laffs at this point really G.A.S. I don't think they will be running Carey. I know the teams hate each other but that would be pretty low class for even Tarawna. They have bigger problems than worrying about hurting the Habs chances. Expect a good game, but I think they just want to get this over with.

Yup the good ol US of A! Way way too many lawyers making way to much $$.

(However; my big bro has lived in Panama City Beach for 10 years and has no intention on ever moving back North, so your country does have its good qualities for sure. :thumbs_up:)

Guest Stogey24

Actually I doubt the Laffs at this point really G.A.S. I don't think they will be running Carey. I know the teams hate each other but that would be pretty low class for even Tarawna. They have bigger problems than worrying about hurting the Habs chances. Expect a good game, but I think they just want to get this over with.

Has nothing to do with players getting run

So Don, are you taking tomorrow's GDT to try to keep your streak going or am I bringing back the spinny logos for another game? :)

Sure, I can do that, but your spinning logos were sweet!

Yup the good ol US of A! Way way too many lawyers making way to much $$.

(However; my big bro has lived in Panama City Beach for 10 years and has no intention on ever moving back North, so your country does have its good qualities for sure. :thumbs_up:)

Panama City beach is awesome, about 5 hours north of me, the fishing there is awesome.

Markov got hurt in the first game of the season. Against leafs. Sliced a tendon on a fluke collision with guess who? Carey Price.

Markov got hurt in the first game of the season. Against leafs. Sliced a tendon on a fluke collision with guess who? Carey Price.

he also got run from behind vs leafs by grabovski hurting his back and missing the 1st and only round that year. we were swept by the bruins courtesy of ryder killing us. pretty sure it was the season gainey fired carbo at seasons end and decided to put laraoque on the first line in the playoffs!

it wasn't the final game of the year if i recall because i remember hoping he would return early. there was maybe 5 games left

pretty sure it was the season gainey fired carbo at seasons end and decided to put laraoque on the first line in the playoffs!

Not to be picky but Guy was fired early march 2009 I think it was the 6th or 7th somewhere around there.. Not at the season's end.

he also got run from behind vs leafs by grabovski hurting his back and missing the 1st and only round that year. we were swept by the bruins courtesy of ryder killing us. pretty sure it was the season gainey fired carbo at seasons end and decided to put laraoque on the first line in the playoffs!

it wasn't the final game of the year if i recall because i remember hoping he would return early. there was maybe 5 games left

Yes i remember that injury now too.

Habs lost 4 straight to Bruins. Kommy was exposed in that series. (minus markov) So bad he it was almost comical.