Series Discussion Thread: Habs vs Senators

dlbalr

Maybe. It will be rougher but Neil is not a dirty player. He's never been suspended.

Neil hasn't played since February. He's not going to be able to catch up with the play. I have a lot of respect for Chris Neil, I just don't think he has it and if they play him over Chiasson it's +1 for MTL.

Neil is not a dirty player, but does throw some questionable hits, and is known to go after key players, as a man he is an awesome guy, as a hockey player, I don't trust him one bit. He will answer the call with anyone, and is straight up, but is definitely a thorn and a worry to me that he will target Markov. Prust will be there to keep him in check, so not worried too much, but it doesn't matter after the damage is done.

Sens may try to goon it up, but they have to realize their best chance is to try and play their game, so I tend to agree with LM's assessment...

It may be PK according to Neil...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators-chris-neil-tells-montreal-canadiens-pk-subban-to-keep-his-head-up-in-game-2/

They'll be after PK for sure.

The thing with PK is, he's built like a tank and incredibly hard to catch. Boston's game-plan last year was to hammer PK every chance they got. But they just couldn't catch him. I really began to believe we could win that series when one of the announcers commented that 'Boston just has to stop trying to hit PK. He's too fast, they can't catch him.'

The key will be for PK Superstar to control his emotions and not get caught up in the hoopla. If he focuses on hockey, he will be okay - probably.

They'll be after PK for sure.

The thing with PK is, he's built like a tank and incredibly hard to catch. Boston's game-plan last year was to hammer PK every chance they got. But they just couldn't catch him. I really began to believe we could win that series when one of the announcers commented that 'Boston just has to stop trying to hit PK. He's too fast, they can't catch him.'

The key will be for PK Superstar to control his emotions and not get caught up in the hoopla. If he focuses on hockey, he will be okay - probably.

We have yet to see Subban hurt. Knock on wood and all that but he has only ever missed games in his career due to suspensions and healthy scratches. He's one of the most resilient hockey players in the league.

We have yet to see Subban hurt. Knock on wood and all that but he has only ever missed games in his career due to suspensions and healthy scratches. He's one of the most resilient hockey players in the league.

he is a tank

Neil is not a dirty player, but does throw some questionable hits, and is known to go after key players, as a man he is an awesome guy, as a hockey player, I don't trust him one bit. He will answer the call with anyone, and is straight up, but is definitely a thorn and a worry to me that he will target Markov. Prust will be there to keep him in check, so not worried too much, but it doesn't matter after the damage is done.

Sens may try to goon it up, but they have to realize their best chance is to try and play their game, so I tend to agree with LM's assessment...

It may be PK according to Neil...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators-chris-neil-tells-montreal-canadiens-pk-subban-to-keep-his-head-up-in-game-2/

Their coach and every sens player i have heard comment says they "wont go out looking for revenge" "must stay disciplined" niel already stated "i wont change my game, and they get last change so he wont probably be out there when i am" They did not get to this level without knowing when you go looking to goon it up you usually lose. End pof game or when/if series gets out of reach is when some stuff may break out. Just look at the 013 series to see what revenge gets you.

Honestly, Ottawa played a smart, disciplined game last night. They showed a lot of maturity in not getting caught up in the 'revenge' narrative and just playing hockey. I think all this fooforah will be more or less forgotten by the time the series is over.

Honestly, Ottawa played a smart, disciplined game last night. They showed a lot of maturity in not getting caught up in the 'revenge' narrative and just playing hockey. I think all this fooforah will be more or less forgotten by the time the series is over.

Yeah I think everyone has calmed down, I think most of it was show for the refs and the league. If this series goes the way I think it will, and Ottawa is taking a beating in game 4 then we may see some fireworks. Beyond that it should be over in 4.

Yeah I think everyone has calmed down, I think most of it was show for the refs and the league. If this series goes the way I think it will, and Ottawa is taking a beating in game 4 then we may see some fireworks. Beyond that it should be over in 4.

I guess we can't blame Cameron for trying to get our biggest difference-maker suspended, nor for trying to get PK off his game. We saw how much all that BS helped last night when PK unleashed that unbelievable Howitzer (and basically took over the second period single-handed).

A sweep is possible, but we ain't won a thing yet. The Sens think of themselves as the Comeback Kids and being down 0-2 just suits that narrative. We're the stronger team, but I won't relax until their throats have been soundly slit.

I guess we can't blame Cameron for trying to get our biggest difference-maker suspended, nor for trying to get PK off his game. We saw how much all that BS helped last night when PK unleashed that unbelievable Howitzer (and basically took over the second period single-handed).

A sweep is possible, but we ain't won a thing yet. The Sens think of themselves as the Comeback Kids and being down 0-2 just suits that narrative. We're the stronger team, but I won't relax until their throats have been soundly slit.

You are right of course, we have not won a thing. I remember back in that famous team canada olympics when Crawford left Gretzky on the bench, I said the first shooter should be Al Mcinnis, fire one right at Hashek's head. Then let Gretzky go get a goal. I think it would have worked. but twas not to be.

You are right of course, we have not won a thing. I remember back in that famous team canada olympics when Crawford left Gretzky on the bench, I said the first shooter should be Al Mcinnis, fire one right at Hashek's head. Then let Gretzky go get a goal. I think it would have worked. but twas not to be.

Hasek would have stopped both. He was the best player in the world back then.

Hasek would have stopped both. He was the best player in the world back then.

We will never know. I was never that enamored with Hasek, his style left a lot to be desired. As has been said often, he was never introduced to a goalie coach. :)

We will never know. I was never that enamored with Hasek, his style left a lot to be desired. As has been said often, he was never introduced to a goalie coach. :)

The thing I remember most about that Game was Hasek embellishing every time a player skated beside him. Total rat. Hated him ever since. Even though he was totally dominant in that period.

The thing I remember most about that Game was Hasek embellishing every time a player skated beside him. Total rat. Hated him ever since. Even though he was totally dominant in that period.

Amazingly he was but he was definitely not a team guy from what I have read. It was all about him and his ego.

Guest Stogey24

So far in Sens practice, looks like Chris Neil is in the lineup and we will be facing Craig Anderson. Sens have him in the starter net. Things could still change.

Told y'all ;). The fairy dust has warn off