Series Discussion Thread: Habs vs Senators

dlbalr

Hahahahahah! I figger that there are convents full of nuns who have been praying ferverently for a Sens victory. I would not be surprised it there isn't a black cloud over the Habs plane as it flies to Ottawa on Sunday. Even I want them to win! And I'm a Habs fan!!!!

Gulp

:rofl:

We have all the momentum right now, hope we stick Hamburglar to the grill with 6 goals next game and bury them in doubt.

With all the talk about how fast they are and have the Habs number, game 1 sure looked to me that the Habs indeed have a better team, and in terms of defense core and depth, there is no comparison. Not counting the miracle Sens out, I just think the Habs looked like the better team, and I believe they are.

In my mind, the Habs could have created a lot more offense if the Senator defensemen were not permitted to mug the Habs forwards after they ship the puck into the Sens zone. The interference is unbelievable ya ask me...

What do you guys think will be the effect of Cameron's statements? NHL isn't going to like it, but I like the fact that it puts the attention on them, since the Refs saw fit to call the Habs on everything, and the Sens for nothing in game 1.

Sens were better in the first. habs were much better in the second. third was fairly even.

We have all the momentum right now, hope we stick Hamburglar to the grill with 6 goals next game and bury them in doubt.

With all the talk about how fast they are and have the Habs number, game 1 sure looked to me that the Habs indeed have a better team, and in terms of defense core and depth, there is no comparison. Not counting the miracle Sens out, I just think the Habs looked like the better team, and I believe they are.

In my mind, the Habs could have created a lot more offense if the Senator defensemen were not permitted to mug the Habs forwards after they ship the puck into the Sens zone. The interference is unbelievable ya ask me...

What do you guys think will be the effect of Cameron's statements? NHL isn't going to like it, but I like the fact that it puts the attention on them, since the Refs saw fit to call the Habs on everything, and the Sens for nothing in game 1.

I'm glad that someone else noticed the blatant interference by the Sens on the attacking Habs. You cannot impede the progress of an opposing player but yet there they were doing it the whole game. That being said, I don't think I've seen the Habs play so chippy all season and it was great. They were taking liberties with anyone near Price after the whistle and finishing checks all night. This is a playoff seasoned team primed for another run.

I'm glad that someone else noticed the blatant interference by the Sens on the attacking Habs. You cannot impede the progress of an opposing player but yet there they were doing it the whole game. That being said, I don't think I've seen the Habs play so chippy all season and it was great. They were taking liberties with anyone near Price after the whistle and finishing checks all night. This is a playoff seasoned team primed for another run.

I missed the first but I hear the Habs were getting hammered. I bet they got ripped a new one to play with an edge or don't play at all.

So who is out when/if Pacs returns? De LaRose?

That would be my pick. He looked overwhelmed last night (which, given his age and inexperience, isn't all that surprising). However, Therrien didn't feel that way as de la Rose was 3rd among Montreal forwards in TOI so it probably won't be him sitting.

That would be my pick. He looked overwhelmed last night (which, given his age and inexperience, isn't all that surprising). However, Therrien didn't feel that way as de la Rose was 3rd among Montreal forwards in TOI so it probably won't be him sitting.

Parenteau was my guess.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - DSP

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher

DLR - Eller - Weise

Prust - Mitchell - Flynn

I'm glad KoRP made that point about interference. The clutching-and-grabbing out there is through the roof. It seemed to take the Habs a while to respond properly, but hand it to Therrien, by the third period they'd made the adjustments and were dominant.

On hammering Karlsson - sounds good in theory, but if it were that easy, he wouldn't be a 70-point defenceman. Whatever the Habs did against him last night, though, worked very well. After two periods of stroking his knob, the announcers were forced to concede that he hadn't done a whole lot all game.

DeLaRose just sucked. But if we were to yank him, who would play in his place? Malholtra? I'd like to see Manny out there, but maybe there's a case for letting the kid learn the ropes - ?

DeLaRose just sucked. But if we were to yank him, who would play in his place? Malholtra? I'd like to see Manny out there, but maybe there's a case for letting the kid learn the ropes - ?

We're just speculating on who sits if Pacioretty comes back since it's not going to be Flynn like everyone would have guessed originally. I don't see them sitting DLR for Malhotra unless they were really desperate for faceoff help.

P.K. Subban will not be suspended. Dave Cameron will not be fined but NHL going to talk to him about his next actions (basically, Cameron is in the Milan Lucic position after 13-14. If he does anything to antagonize the Habs with his lines or puts anyone in the game with the purpose of hurting a Hab, he's going to be roasted). Mark Stone not at Senators practice.

Injury update: #Sens Mark Stone has suffered a microfracture of his right wrist & his availability for the series is unknown at this time.

— Ottawa Senators (@Senators) April 16, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So my question - Did the microfracture occur due to the slash? Or during the flurry of punches he was throwing with that same hand after the game?

F*****k.

This is bad news - look for the Sens to 'avenge.' PK, at least, will be a marked man.

Murray and Cameron screwed themselves here. Anything from a Sens player that resembles a slash is going to get a penalty. NHL hates retaliation more than initial violence.

Murray and Cameron screwed themselves here. Anything from a Sens player that resembles a slash is going to get a penalty. NHL hates retaliation more than initial violence.

Maybe, but if they put out one of our best players, that'll cost us a lot more than we could possibly gain from a PP.

What I hate is the general phenomenon of players trying to injure each other. If the Habs end up getting eliminated fair and square, that's one thing. If the Habs end up getting eliminated because some clown runs Price or decapitates PK, leaving us without MVP players, that's another. And I'm sure Ottawa feels the same way about Stone, their best scorer. This whole can of worms never should have been opened in the first place.

Stone will be in for gm 2, I'll guarantee it! There was no mysterious "micro-fracture" diagnosed until the NHL decided no suspension. Now they're just trying to save face, and keep from looking like little whiners. Hit him again..and this time, don't swing from right field! A 20" shot will do just fine

Guest Stogey24

Stone will be in for gm 2, I'll guarantee it! There was no mysterious "micro-fracture" diagnosed until the NHL decided no suspension. Now they're just trying to save face, and keep from looking like little whiners. Hit him again..and this time, don't swing from right field! A 20" shot will do just fine

Since when do teams ever release what the injury is? It's either upper body or lower body.

How so.

Without indisputable proof that threats were made, he's opening himself up to slander/libel charges if the Habs or Subban really wanted to make something of this. Not to mention that I suspect many will interpret this as sour grapes which won't help curry them any favours from the league.