Oct. 16/17, Rochester vs St. John's, 6 PM

dlbalr

It's opening weekend in St. John's as the IceCaps (1-1-0) take on Rochester (2-0-0) for a pair of games. (Get used to these mini two-game sets, there are a ton of them this year.) It doesn't sound like any of the injured players are ready to return for the Caps just yet; Markus Eisenschmid will be available for St. John's if they want to use him (he didn't go on the road trip).

14rch_500.gif

(Based on previous +/- data plus some guesses.)

Catenacci - O'Reilly - Akeson

D'Amigo - Schaller - Bailey

Rodrigues - Varone - Baptiste

Dupuy - Ellis - Nevins

Ruhwedel - Donovan

Robak - Leduc

Prapavessis - Austin

Ullmark

15stj_500.gif

Andrighetto - Hudon - Holloway

Carr - McCarron - Thomas

de la Rose - Dumont - Scherbak

Crisp - Eisenschmid - Gregoire

Barberio - Ellis

Hanley - Dietz

Bennett - Lernout

Fucale

Puck drop is at 6:00 PM EST. AM 930 has the call.

Andrighetto opens up the scoring. Hudon and Holloway with the helpers. My ears nearly burst from the static in the radio feed. It's flawless during commercial breaks but when the game is on, the audio is horrific. Is it just me with the problem? (I'm using the link at the bottom of the first post.)

Guest Stogey24

Good to see crisp going right after Kearns last game(or when ever that was), after he jumped miceli. Crisp kicked the shit out of him

boy whoever it was that said McCarron was not even going to hit 25 points in the AHL and struggle to be a 4th liner in the NHL in an article I read somewhere around here must feel the slight winds of crow creeping up their spine.

from what I saw in this game, McCarron looked every bit the big, strong, nhl 3rd line center with some offensive upside he is pegged to be. In his established years, with his skill set and size and willingness to get to the net, he could easily become a 15 goal scoring 3rd line Center in Montreal capable of flirting with the 40 point mark.

Edited by Link67

boy whoever it was that said McCarron was not even going to hit 25 points in the AHL and struggle to be a 4th liner in the NHL in an article I read somewhere around here must feel the slight winds of crow creeping up their spine.

from what I saw in this game, McCarron looked every bit the big, strong, nhl 3rd line center with some offensive upside he is pegged to be. In his established years, with his skill set and size and willingness to get to the net, he could easily become a 15 goal scoring 3rd line Center in Montreal capable of flirting with the 40 point mark.

He had a great game, but when his totals for his other 3 games are 0,0,0 i think we are going to need more than one game to say he will be capable of being a consistent scoring.

Lets not forget that the last two habs players to score 4 goals in a game are Jan Bulis and Lars Eller, neither of whom has proven to be a consistent scorer (though some still hope Eller will be)....

Overall great game for McCarron, but now he has to follow it up.