2016 World Cup thread

JoeLassister

I guess the fact that Galy ripped it up only after the season was lost - always rated a dangerous time in which to assess a player - is weighing against him.

Or maybe he just hasn't kissed the right arses.

Guest Stogey24

I guess the fact that Galy ripped it up only after the season was lost - always rated a dangerous time in which to assess a player - is weighing against him.

Or maybe he just hasn't kissed the right arses.

I think your onto something there bud. Fackin politics

I think your onto something there bud. Fackin politics

I don't think politics are involved here. The GM's of the Oilers and Blackhawks (Bowman's the GM that would have the best connection with Bergevin) are picking that team. I think Galchenyuk should be there but I'd surmise his exclusion is based on hockey reasons, not politics. You can make a case that Trocheck had a better year than Galchenyuk as well (or at least an equivalent one) so it probably comes down to a preference of style.

Guest Stogey24

I don't think politics are involved here. The GM's of the Oilers and Blackhawks (Bowman's the GM that would have the best connection with Bergevin) are picking that team. I think Galchenyuk should be there but I'd surmise his exclusion is based on hockey reasons, not politics. You can make a case that Trocheck had a better year than Galchenyuk as well (or at least an equivalent one) so it probably comes down to a preference of style.

I was half joking. Trochek has a better two way game too.

I was half joking. Trochek has a better two way game too.

Just curious,you would trade Galchenyuk for him, even up? I don't know much other than Trochek stats, which he has one good year so far, but was just a 25g season with much more icetime than Galchenyuk had.

Guest Stogey24

Just curious,you would trade Galchenyuk for him, even up? I don't know much other than Trochek stats, which he has one good year so far, but was just a 25g season with much more icetime than Galchenyuk had.

Would I trade Chucky for him? Hell no.

Lovette would know more than me, but I think Trochek is capped out around 50-55pts. Galchenyuk on the other hand seems more like a 70-75pt player.

I just basically think the reason Trocheck made north America over Chucky is his two way game and that he's solid on faceoffs.

Honestly I think a lot of the perceptions about Chucky will change this year. I can see him absolutely breaking out and really making a splash.

Just a weird feeling...

Not weird at all. The kid bagged 30 last year. He's what, 22? A breakout is well within the sphere of possibility.

As for the WC itself, so far I cannot find it within me to give the slightest sh*t. Maybe this will change when the puck drops, or maybe not...

I don't think we have to worry about Plekanec getting a lot of action in this tournament. The Czech players are dropping like flies. They're not going to go very far.

So, he'll get 30 minutes a night, but only for a couple of nights. ;) OK by me.

Guest Stogey24

Not weird at all. The kid bagged 30 last year. He's what, 22? A breakout is well within the sphere of possibility.

As for the WC itself, so far I cannot find it within me to give the slightest sh*t. Maybe this will change when the puck drops, or maybe not...

I just want to watch hockey

Indeed!

Also you look at how hard he is training and just his general mentality to start this year really shows a drive to win. Looking forward to watch this kid play.

Since it's being held here in Toronto I'm looking forward to seeing all this amazing talent. The N/A team is stacked with young talent should be fun to watch

Indeed!

Also you look at how hard he is training and just his general mentality to start this year really shows a drive to win. Looking forward to watch this kid play.

Since it's being held here in Toronto I'm looking forward to seeing all this amazing talent. The N/A team is stacked with young talent should be fun to watch

The team could honestly win if they ride a wave. They might not have mental toughness but if they rattle off a few wins and have confidence, we're talking the best players in the world under 23

Would I trade Chucky for him? Hell no.

Lovette would know more than me, but I think Trochek is capped out around 50-55pts. Galchenyuk on the other hand seems more like a 70-75pt player.

I just basically think the reason Trocheck made north America over Chucky is his two way game and that he's solid on faceoffs.

I would trade Galchenyuk for Barkov in a heartbeat, but not Trochek. Indeed, Trochek plays like Gallagher would as a center, but he's a smallish 45-55 point guy with the upside of a good second line center. Galchenyuk might still put it together and become a solid #1 center.

Pacioretty-Pavelski-Kane... Dangerous

What's interesting is that Tortorella has Pacioretty on the right wing there. If he plays well on the right side, it creates a bit more flexibility if when Therrien's blender comes out again.

Also, it sounds like Price will start on Friday in the first pre-tournament game which is against the US.

What's interesting is that Tortorella has Pacioretty on the right wing there. If he plays well on the right side, it creates a bit more flexibility if when Therrien's blender comes out again.

Also, it sounds like Price will start on Friday in the first pre-tournament game which is against the US.

Thank God. I'll settle for anything that can be confused with competitive hockey.

Guest Stogey24

Kane as the feed man on the left side I guess?