Florida vs Montreal 7:30 e.s.t. March 15th

DON

Nice to see Dietz get 21minutes.

Lessio has zero finish, but can skate.

Matteau seems quite invisible and stay with Habs will likely be short.

Sitting solidly picking 9th, possibly can fall to 7th, but looking good for top 10 pick anyways. A nice high scoring entertaining loss to Sabres would be a good follow up to this crap game.

• Upvote 1

Sitting solidly picking 9th, possibly can fall to 7th, but looking good for top 10 pick anyways. A nice high scoring entertaining loss to Sabres would be a good follow up to this crap game.

Hahahahahaha!!

Hey, we're only 7 points up on a top 3 pick, aim low and your nightmares will comes true

I must admit, this was the first game I've seen in a couple of weeks, and it wasn't pretty.

Matteau and Danault are invisible at best. Danault, however, looks to have some skill (speed, hockey IQ, faceoffs), though he's the same exact player as most of the bottom six. I can't think at this point that Matteau is anything but a swing and a miss. He stinks.

They look like an ECHL team out there. They cycled the puck in the offensive zone ONCE.

McCarron looks to be out of his element. He's clearly not ready, but is up, imo, to provide a fan distraction. (Same with Brown). He didn't generate any scoring chances, and he's behind the play. But, you could argue that being his first year, it's natural for a young player to hit a slump down the stretch.

Guest Stogey24

Brown has actually played pretty well( for what that's worth). Wouldn't be surprised at all if he was offered a 1 year deal.

His hands arent That bad. He's better than Byron and has the size too

You can't say Lessio is better than Byron when Lessio has two goals and six points in his NHL career (only one assist with the Habs in 8 games) while Paul Byron has nine goals and 14 points just in this season. He has yet to prove he has any offensive instinct to compare to Byron, much less be better.

• Upvote 1

You can't say Lessio is better than Byron when Lessio has two goals and six points in his NHL career (only one assist with the Habs in 8 games) while Paul Byron has nine goals and 14 points just in this season. He has yet to prove he has any offensive instinct to compare to

Byron, much less be better.

He had eight when he was signed to that (comparatively speaking) monster deal. 25% shooting percentage at the time, he's a 3-5 goal man.

Guest Stogey24

You can't say Lessio is better than Byron when Lessio has two goals and six points in his NHL career (only one assist with the Habs in 8 games) while Paul Byron has nine goals and 14 points just in this season. He has yet to prove he has any offensive instinct to compare to Byron, much less be better.

I'm with Lovette. Byron will be on the IR a couple times next year, while putting up no more than 15 pts. Hartley even said Byron was a mushy player, that was hurt too often to be in their future plans.

Give me Lessio over him any day of the week.

I'm with Lovette. Byron will be on the IR a couple times next year, while putting up no more than 15 pts. Hartley even said Byron was a mushy player, that was hurt too often to be in their future plans.

I like Lessio but he's a fourth line grind guy and not much else until he proves he can put up points on an nhl level. We have too many guys right now that provide zero Offence (Lessio, Danault, DLR, Matteau) and not enough spots for them when guys like Flynn, Mitchell, Eller, Desharnais and Byron are on contract. Not to mention Carr will return soon and guys like McCarron and Hudon could battle for spots next year.

Just too many bottom sixers and too many fourth liners. If we want to compete next year we need a third line that scores.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Ya, I definitely agree. Not really worth arguing about two miniscule players.

Bergevin needs to shake this hard on for bottom six'ers. I know you need depth, but he's gone overbaord. It's like he's praying one of them miraculously become a top 6 player. That's not how you g.m.

Bergevin needs to shake this hard on for bottom six'ers. I know you need depth, but he's gone overbaord. It's like he's praying one of them miraculously become a top 6 player. That's not how you g.m.

Well...right now, the team is just giving its youth the run of the place, wisely taking these last few useless weeks of a lost season to assess more fully what we've got. Part of that is at least being open to the possibility that one of them has top-6 potential.

I'm pretty sure MB recognizes what the rest of us can see, i.e., the team needs legit top-6 talent, and will push hard to sign a clear-cut top-6 UFA in the off-season. After all, MB did try to get Justin Williams last year. He knows what needs to be done.

Stogey? You have seen Lessio handle the puck haven't you? How many goals does Byron have now?

He will be on the IR next year, sorry to say, just seems a goofy comment, unless you are talking about Carey Price, then I would agree.

Plus he's a shrimp. A super shrimp.

It's actually worse than that. He's praying they are NHLers at all. Lessio, Danault and Matteau all came in via trade. Danault was the prize for trading Weise. Matteau was supposed to replace DSP who is tearing it up in New Jersey. None of these guys are at top six potential. They are struggling to show "bottom six on a contender" potential.

It's actually worse than that. He's praying they are NHLers at all. Lessio, Danault and Matteau all came in via trade. Danault was the prize for trading Weise. Matteau was supposed to replace DSP who is tearing it up in New Jersey. None of these guys are at top six potential. They are struggling to show "bottom six on a contender" potential.

Boy is DSP ever on a tear, 9 points in 7 games and a plus 3.

Boy is DSP ever on a tear, 9 points in 7 games and a plus 3.

Could it be a change in environment and *ahem* coaching has made a difference?

While your on that subject- Parenteau a lot more productive in Toronto-- could it be?

Just looked it up PAP is back to where he was before he came to Montreal, 34 points in 66 games, on what is supposed to be a crap team. Makes ya go hmmmm doesn't it?