Mar. 19, Habs vs Senators, 7 PM

dlbalr

MB-"Hey! Nothing to see here, I'm ok with it, Carey Price is out. Did you hear me? We lost the best player in the National Hockey League...well, I said they had to find a way to win without Carey Price, and did they? No, I didn't think so? Michel? Michel is a foxhole quality guy...this is on me, and he WONT be fired this year. Players? It's very hard to get players in this league, very hard to make trades. Top-6? Top-6 costs Carey Price. The whole reason we're where we are is Carey being out. Let's face it, I'm the only competent French GM this side of Cote St Luc, and you ######ers would fill the arena with 19 Brian Flynn's in the lineup, so just be grateful."

Some good points. Matteau and Danault are total junk. This team has 2 first liners. Chucky and Pacioretty. One second liner Plek. 6 nhl fourth liners and three or four ahl fourth liners. The guy needs to make something happen offensively for next season. Playstation jokes and smug defensive comments about not finding top six guys isn't gonna cut it. So far he isn't doing his job. Petry and a pile of fourth liners is the mark he has put on this team in four years. MB needs to do his job next season.

Guest Stogey24

Molson ain't happy with the situation right now; you can guarantee that. I'm sure there will be some pretty short leashes being handed out in Montreal for next season. Carey needs to come back and save some jobs.

I don't know why we are all so sad in here, the longer this keeps going the greater the chance of seeing Laine or Tkachuk in a Habs uniform next year.

the season is a wash, has been for a long time now, we now have an opportunity to acquire a top 6 forward this summer because the need has shot itself so clearly to the front of our issues list, that it can't possibly not be addressed. As well as acquire one from the draft if we keep losing and slip into a top 4 pick. The likely hood of getting 1st pick is really slim, but 2nd 3rd or 4th is starting to look very good, so keep hoping for stinkers night in and night out. The worse this gets the quicker this team can spring back on its feet, imagine a summer where we draft a top 6 forward and sign/trade for one? With a healthy Price and that kind of upgrade up front there is something to look forward to next year, quick turn around here we come!

but until then, I better not even see close to .500 hockey the rest of the way

• Upvote 1

I don't know why we are all so sad in here, the longer this keeps going the greater the chance of seeing Laine or Tkachuk in a Habs uniform next year.

the season is a wash, has been for a long time now, we now have an opportunity to acquire a top 6 forward this summer because the need has shot itself so clearly to the front of our issues list, that it can't possibly not be addressed. As well as acquire one from the draft if we keep losing and slip into a top 4 pick. The likely hood of getting 1st pick is really slim, but 2nd 3rd or 4th is starting to look very good, so keep hoping for stinkers night in and night out. The worse this gets the quicker this team can spring back on its feet, imagine a summer where we draft a top 6 forward and sign/trade for one? With a healthy Price and that kind of upgrade up front there is something to look forward to next year, quick turn around here we come!

but until then, I better not even see close to .500 hockey the rest of the way

Your post shows wisdom, and the negativity in this thread reflects something that I've long maintained, which is that fans who advocate 'tanking' don't ACTUALLY want tanking. I see the same thing in Vancouver...fan after fan complaining that the organization is refusing to go all-in on a tank job, crying to the heavens for the team to dump veterans and go with youth...and these very same fans then whine and moan and rend their garments when a youth-laden roster gets dismantled night after night.

Seem destined to pick 9th, will never catch top bottom 6 teams and very very unlikely to pass Sabres for 7th.

And with that Picasso of a game yesterday, the Sens should finish ahead of Habs.

Andrighetto 17:54 led forwards in icetime, had 4 shots and even +/-.

Pateryn 21:59 and also even +/-.

Now need Arizona to beat SJ today and sneak up to within 1point of Habs and obviously Flames to win, but got feeling Habs will win this one at home.

Seem destined to pick 9th, will never catch top bottom 6 teams and very very unlikely to pass Sabres for 7th.

And with that Picasso of a game yesterday, the Sens should finish ahead of Habs.

Andrighetto 17:54 led forwards in icetime, had 4 shots and even +/-.

Pateryn 21:59 and also even +/-.

Now need Arizona to beat SJ today and sneak up to within 1point of Habs and obviously Flames to win, but got feeling Habs will win this one at home.

I find it hard to believe the sad sack bums I watched play last night can beat any NHL team at this point.

www.nhllotterysimulator.com

What is truly terrifying is that, running this thing 10 times, the Sens picked in the top-3 twice. Habs, not once.

I don't know if the guy's algorithm is accurate, but this exercise definitely alerts us to the meaningful element of random chance in the NHL's new system.

Some good points. Matteau and Danault are total junk. This team has 2 first liners. Chucky and Pacioretty. One second liner Plek. 6 nhl fourth liners and three or four ahl fourth liners. The guy needs to make something happen offensively for next season. Playstation jokes and smug defensive comments about not finding top six guys isn't gonna cut it. So far he isn't doing his job. Petry and a pile of fourth liners is the mark he has put on this team in four years. MB needs to do his job next season.

I think they should flip their first and Markov for Edmonton's pick...

Bartley was seen in a walking boot after the game. That means Ellis is probably on his way back up for tomorrow. If not him, Joel Hanley is probably next on the list to get a look. Condon's going to be a busy goalie tomorrow - speaking of which, who wants to get the GDT?

So Hanley it is which means he'll make his NHL debut tonight. Speaking of tonight's game, we still need a GDT...

Guest Stogey24

I think they should flip their first and Markov for Edmonton's pick...

or flip the pick along with a player for an upgraded roster player.

NO, 100% serious, think Duncan Keith 2.0. Habs lack 'quality' LH d-men in system and the kid is top ten skilled (they say, I have only seen 3 or 4 gms of his).

What they need up front needs to come from a trade not the draft of a 17/18yr old kid.

NO, 100% serious, think Duncan Keith 2.0. Habs lack 'quality' LH d-men in system and the kid is top ten skilled (they say, I have only seen 3 or 4 gms of his).

What they need up front needs to come from a trade not the draft of a 17/18yr old kid.

I'm sold, and think you're right there...