Scratches: Jacob de la Rose

Leaders New York Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Brassard (26) Galchenyuk (27) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists Yandle (37) Subban (45) National TV: SN, TVA Sports
Points Zuccarello (56) Pacioretty (55) Regional TV: N/A
PIMS McIlrath (60) Subban (75) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- McDonagh (+27) Gallagher (+11) French Radio: FM 98.5

Funny thing about the Rangers. Their roster looks quite similar to the team we've thrown out there over the past 2-3 years. Lots of good FW, but their C are not especially impressive. They have one elite W and some strong defencemen along with a top-end goalie.

If you subtract this debacle of a Habs' season, the clubs are built almost identically.

Funny thing about the Rangers. Their roster looks quite similar to the team we've thrown out there over the past 2-3 years. Lots of good FW, but their C are not especially impressive. They have one elite W and some strong defencemen along with a top-end goalie.

If you subtract this debacle of a Habs' season, the clubs are built almost identically.

The two big differences between the two are that when the NYR lost Lundquist last year they didn't fold and they have a MUCH better coach.

The two big differences between the two are that when the NYR lost Lundquist last year they didn't fold and they have a MUCH better coach.

That's true, NY got strong replacement netminding and we didn't.

I agree on the coach, Always liked AV.

The D didn't look to good on that goal, but Condon needs to make that save IMHO.

EDIT: Eller is looking great tonight, he's all over the place - and there, he scores!

That's true, NY got strong replacement netminding and we didn't.

I agree on the coach, Always liked AV.

The D didn't look to good on that goal, but Condon needs to make that save IMHO.

EDIT: Eller is looking great tonight, he's all over the place - and there, he scores!

Agree that NY had better backup, but also a much better defense than MTL has had most of this year, injuries included and a better bottom 6...

I'm a little surprised that Byron's still on the top line with Andrighetto being back in the lineup. Updated lines are in the first post.

Why? This is the MT's usual MO.

Condon didn't look too good on the goal but he did make a few big stops after that at least. Eller looks like he's interested tonight as well.

I'd like to see Hanley or Dietz get a bit of PP time. Both of them are probably better options than Emelin. They also need to evaluate the two rookies as one of them will have to be sent down when Subban returns (which appears to be soon).

Gawd, watching this crap makes me wanna puke...the D just blows the coverage there.

A horrible mix of inexperience, tuned-out veterans, mediocre goaltending and (probably) goofy coaching. Blech.

The Habs have allowed 5 goals tonight. In their previous 10 regular season home games against the Rangers, they allowed a total of 5 goals. Ouch.

I'm happy Danault picked up another one. He has been a bit better as of late.

Andrighetto was on the top line (meaning Byron wasn't) before he got hurt.

I kean the constant promotion of MT's pet 4th line scrubs to the top line has been his MO since he got here. typically every time the jabs have brought up young offensive players they are thrown in no win 3rd 4th line roles, while the weisse type players get pp and top line time. The fact that ghetto was getting 1st line duty has more to do with no other choices at the time. Carr produces and he is also sent down.

Well, no Detroit-like comeback in the 3rd. I was hoping they'd show some kind of spark like they did last game.

I'm a little surprised that Dietz was stapled to the bench, he had just three shifts in the 3rd. Considering it was the veterans who flubbed the puck a lot, that would have been even more reason to give him a few more shifts.

Well, no Detroit-like comeback in the 3rd. I was hoping they'd show some kind of spark like they did last game.

I'm a little surprised that Dietz was stapled to the bench, he had just three shifts in the 3rd. Considering it was the veterans who flubbed the puck a lot, that would have been even more reason to give him a few more shifts.

Again, not surprised at all. That is le genius at his best. The rest of this year should be about playing the kids as much as possible in all situations. Galchenyuk should be playing over 20 min a game. Yet he plays under 16 min, while that useless piece of cramp that MT has adopted plays over 18 min. I don't their is another coach in the league that would play a pylon like emelin 27+ min.

Again, not surprised at all. That is le genius at his best. The rest of this year should be about playing the kids as much as possible in all situations. Galchenyuk should be playing over 20 min a game. Yet he plays under 16 min, while that useless piece of cramp that MT has adopted plays over 18 min. I don't their is another coach in the league that would play a pylon like emelin 27+ min.

Useless David Desharnais played 18:12, Galchenyuk played 15:19

With the season all but played out and games meaning nothing, a guy like DD should be in the pressbox while a young player takes that icetime and develops/auditions. Call another player or two up.

As if further proof that MT should have been fired awhile ago was needed... :1vomit:

Guys. Honestly what's the difference. This team is missing two top four defense and three top 6 forwards. Sorry but from what I'm seeing Galchenyuk is not a number one c on a contender. He needs a cerebral winger to play with him. Habs don't have that. The team sucks without gallagher and price.