Oct. 6, Toronto vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

It's the end of the world preseason as we know it...and I feel fine.  Tonight, the exhibition schedule ends for the Habs as the host the Leafs as Shea Weber and Carey Price make their preseason debuts.

[IMG]

(Roster, lines unconfirmed, based on their early practice group)

Matt Martin - Auston Matthews - Mitch Marner
James van Riemsdyk - William Nylander - Zach Hyman

Milan Michalek - Nazem Kadri - Leo Komarov
Connor Brown - Frederik Gauthier - Kasperi Kapanen

(Smith, Rychel)

Matt Hunwick - Morgan Rielly
Martin Marincin - Nikita Zaitsev
Connor Carrick - Jake Gardiner

(Brouillard, Hrabarenka, Loov)

Frederik Andersen

Jhonas Enroth

[IMG]

Sven Andrighetto* - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Artturi Lehkonen - Tomas Plekanec - Alexander Radulov
Daniel Carr - David Desharnais - Andrew Shaw
Phillip Danault - Torrey Mitchell - Michael McCarron

Nathan Beaulieu - Shea Weber
Andrei Markov - Jeff Petry
Alexei Emelin - Mikhail Sergachev

Carey Price

Mike Condon

* - Pacioretty isn't taking the morning skate so he may wind up sitting this one out

Puck drop is at 7:30 on RDS (Montreal viewing region) and TSN 4 (Ontario region)  TSN 690 will have the call on the radio side.

3 minutes ago, illWill said:

Just arrived in Montreal and am excited to see the new look team in person. Drunken scouting report to come following the game 

hahaha.

Enjoy !

Guest Stogey24

Watch Marner wheel the puck tonight. That kid is so fast coming out of his own end.

Emelin is not good D partner for Sergachev. Guy doesn't understand the concept of last man back. 

43 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Emelin is not good D partner for Sergachev. Guy doesn't understand the concept of last man back. 

If Sergachev makes the team, that's where he'd fit in though so they may as well play him with his likely partner to start the season.  He's nowhere close to being a top four guy.  The fact that both could speak Russian on the ice could also prove helpful for Sergachev.

20 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

I'd love for the power to hold up long enough to listen to this game on TSN690. I've been up since 5:30 this morning waiting to be clobbered by Matthew. Here's to a win from the boys-and having a car and a house in twelve hours.

-Cheers, LM

Hang in there LM, saw an exodus from parts of Fla. on CNN this am, good luck down there...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, KoRP said:

Hang in there LM, saw an exodus from parts of Fla. on CNN this am, good luck down there...

Thanks, man. We're three miles from the ocean. They evacuated the entire area from the ocean to Federal Highway. (about .75 miles). A lof of whackos are staying on the barrier islands and there might be a 5-9 foot storm surge. We've got 40 gallons of water and plenty of food. We just need the roof to hold up and the hurricane shutters to do their job and we're in good shape.

17 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Thanks, man. We're three miles from the ocean. They evacuated the entire area from the ocean to Federal Highway. (about .75 miles). A lof of whackos are staying on the barrier islands and there might be a 5-9 foot storm surge. We've got 40 gallons of water and plenty of food. We just need the roof to hold up and the hurricane shutters to do their job and we're in good shape.

be safe look after you family. I truly hope works out for you.

• Upvote 2

Extras tonight are:

Pacioretty (sick), Byron (sick), Flynn (neck) 

Pateryn, Redmond, Lindgren - scratched

If Andrighetto doesn't do well tonight then he gets sent down after the game with McCarron getting his spot to start the year.

1 minute ago, JGC21 said:

If Andrighetto doesn't do well tonight then he gets sent down after the game with McCarron getting his spot to start the year.

Do they want to risk losing him on waivers?  And is putting McCarron in his spot (seemingly the 13th forward) really a good spot for him?

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Do they want to risk losing him on waivers?  And is putting McCarron in his spot (seemingly the 13th forward) really a good spot for him?

In a word, yes.  Andrighetto hasn't proven anything in the NHL and his size hurts him.  He will clear.

McCarron hasn't proven anything either but his size helps him.

Andrighetto's better than people on here give him credit for. Hasn't really been given (earned) a chance. For me, this is his make or break year. If he struggles, then I'll be on board. I see him as being capable of being a 20 goal scorer though whether it's on the Habs or elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Andrighetto's better than people on here give him credit for. Hasn't really been given (earned) a chance. For me, this is his make or break year. If he struggles, then I'll be on board. I see him as being capable of being a 20 goal scorer though whether it's on the Habs or elsewhere. 

Andrighetto had 7g in 44 NHL games last year, has over 200+ AHL/NHL games with 50 pro goals. So he could be just what he has shown to be, a weak top six guy who cant play a PK role in bottom six.

2 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Thanks, I'm just hoping to have power to listen to the game. I've been watching or listening to the news for what feels like three weeks.

Good luck man she's a nasty one headed your way.

all the best to you and yours!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Probably should have been stopped. nice goal by McCarron though 

It was a nice read to go through Rielly's legs as a screen.  Good shot too...but it was certainly stoppable.

Nice period overall from the Habs aside from Petry going down.  Hopefully that's nothing too serious.  Sergachev is scary to watch in his own end though, he does not know where to go and he's slow to react.  If Petry doesn't come back tonight, he's going to get a lot of minutes to prove himself.

Desharnais again looks good as 3rd line centre.

Nice move by Shaw for the goal.

1a for Sergachev, if Petry is injured is he more likely to stick around or would Barberio just be recalled?

1 minute ago, DON said:

Desharnais again looks good as 3rd line centre.

Nice move by Shaw for the goal.

1a for Sergachev, if Petry is injured is he more likely to stick around or would Barberio just be recalled?

And Emelin is still one scary dude with a puck.