Nov. 10, Kings vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

That's more like it.  All four lines seem to have some jump.  I'm a bit disappointed that Carr only got 1:29 of ice time - I know there were a couple of penalty kills but that's still pretty low.  Danault's off to a good start at the dot, 5 of 6 in the first.

Most of those guys are not third-liners. They're first or second liners put further back to get some scoring balance. (Which I suppose is fair to say about Desharnais, too. He's a decent second line center. What he is not is a first line center.)

It's like Evgeni Malkin. Technically, he plays on Pittsburgh's second line. However, on 25 other teams, he'd be their first line center. The fact is Pittsburgh has 2 first line centers.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

Most of those guys are not third-liners. They're first or second liners put further back to get some scoring balance. (Which I suppose is fair to say about Desharnais, too. He's a decent second line center. What he is not is a first line center.)

It's like Evgeni Malkin. Technically, he plays on Pittsburgh's second line. However, on 25 other teams, he'd be their first line center. The fact is Pittsburgh has 2 first line centers.

Good point Brian

1 minute ago, Toronthab said:

President Trump... this didn't really happen did it? 

Who knows what will happen and maybe Trump will toss a nice big wrench into the 2 party system, before being voted out for some dalliance. Which might be good in long run for our southern cousins? But he still seems a pretty despicable person.

Oh well, great to see Habs taking the game to L.A. , bout time for another highlight Galchenyuk goal.:gohabsgo:

27 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I suppose I could take the credit for the post you quoted, but I shouldn't...  Feel free to save that thought for later on though.

Hahaha..sorry Jeff! 

24 minutes ago, DON said:

Who knows what will happen and maybe Trump will toss a nice big wrench into the 2 party system, before being voted out for some dalliance. Which might be good in long run for our southern cousins? But he still seems a pretty despicable person.

Oh well, great to see Habs taking the game to L.A. , bout time for another highlight Galchenyuk goal.:gohabsgo:

Good point Don. I would have hated a Clinton win and think we have two regimes in North America . I really feel disenfranchised. I will be looking for third and fourth parties in the future. I was reading something today about him "being" the government deserved. Reflective. I find the left even worse.. borderline insane. And Clinton is sooo corrupt. As one wag put it, CLinton was paid 585,000 not to speak.. but to listen. 

Go Habs! 

Danault is better than any of us gave him credit for.  Been loving him all year.  He doesn't lose board battles and has untapped offense.

I've defended Davey cause I didn't think we had better options for a #3C.  Danault through 14 games (not just tonight) is now that better option. 

Hanley's someone I'm keeping a close eye on tonight.  This is really the first meaningful game he's played in - all of his games last year were when they were just playing out the stretch and LA is a tough team to go against.  He's struggled a bit with the physicality but otherwise has been alright.

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Danault is better than any of us gave him credit for.  Been loving him all year.  He doesn't lose board battles and has untapped offense.

I've defended Davey cause I didn't think we had better options for a #3C.  Danault through 14 games (not just tonight) is now that better option. 

Ya.. I 'm really surprised at how good this kid is.. whooo..

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Hanley's someone I'm keeping a close eye on tonight.  This is really the first meaningful game he's played in - all of his games last year were when they were just playing out the stretch and LA is a tough team to go against.  He's struggled a bit with the physicality but otherwise has been alright.

I've been forgetting to watch him. good tip. 

Have the KIngs got west coast travel disease? .. or are we a lot better? 

Can Radulov keep up the effort for 82+ games, maybe same or > than Gallagher.

(now I hear TSN690 guys come up same comparison)

Radulov's grit and tenacity has been a very pleasant surprise.

4 minutes ago, DON said:

Can Radulov keep up the effort for 82+ games, maybe same or > than Gallagher.

(now I hear TSN690 guys come up same comparison)

Radulov's grit and tenacity has been a very pleasant surprise.

Ya  and how! One friend was telling me not to get too hopeful for a full season of this.. but it sure looks good to me. 82 games is insane anyway..  but give me my 3 games/ week.. Nuts. 

Price is awesome. 

There ya go Brian.. Hanley drawing a penalty. 

Nights like tonight we sure look like we've got a heck of a good team. 

Too bad 4 min for blood. Gallagher beatin up on the big guys. 

Well that was a solid home win for Les Habs tonight!  They tied a team record for 9 straight home wins to start a season, also accomplished back in the 1953-54 season . It was especially impressive considering the Kings usually dominate the Canadiens with their size and physical play.