HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

Steve Nash's brother used to play on the Canadian national team.

Yep. Martin Nash plays for the Vancouver Whitecaps. :D

Jeroen Heubach, Niels Oude Kamphuis, Blaise N'Kufo & René Eykelkamp :D

;)

I didn't know Arnar Vidarsson played in Enschede. Is he playing well?

No he never plays! He was Panic buy. He's not good enough for the level atm. Next year he will be on loan to De Graafschap.

HabsFan24, i can undestand what you say. What must i think not to like Zidane, it's just me. I know he's good (i just cant stand him)

You know, i dont really have huge players i adore. The only one in my youth was Marco van Basten. But since then i had some favorites in my own team. But not really accross the world. Not top players.

I like Nuno Gomez, good striker, not world class. Thats what i got with a lot more players, just a feeling.

I sure can tell if someone is worldclass, btw i do adore Beckham, not the person. Just his kicking technique.

Well i hope you understand (allthough i still think Zidane wasnt the player the press and many fan's made him)

Btw i liked Bergkamp, allthough he was much better at a later stage.

In his Ajax/Arsenal period he was very good, but he wasnt a killer in his middle 20's. In the national team he needed to many chances.

But i do see he had exceptional talent! Lovely to watch!

Liking a player and recognizing that said player is a very talented player are two different things. No matter what you think of Zidane as a person, I don't see how you can say that he did not deserve to be named Player of the Year - IMO that's how good he was when he was in his prime (around when France won the World Cup and the European Cahmpionships).

Personally I have never liked Maradona at all, but I can't and won't deny that he was one of the best players ever.

I never saw much of Maradona either but I have seen lots of clips on tv and youtube and what he could do was amazing. He really single handedly did some amazing things for Argentina, Boca Juniors and Napoli in Italy. It is really a shame he is in such rough shape right now.

Liking a player and recognizing that said player is a very talented player are two different things. No matter what you think of Zidane as a person, I don't see how you can say that he did not deserve to be named Player of the Year - IMO that's how good he was when he was in his prime (around when France won the World Cup and the European Cahmpionships).

Personally I have never liked Maradona at all, but I can't and won't deny that he was one of the best players ever.

I dont ignore that Zidane was one of the best in the world, but i think he is overhyped (or how do you say that)

He wasnt out of this world like how he was called many times.

He had a very good ball handling/tricks and vision. But what makes him so extraordinary that he can be named in the same row as: Maradonna/Cruijf/Pele

The one thing that really impressed me was his ability to come up in big games. Everyone will remember the headbutt and in that case he did not come up big. But he did win the WC in 98 and won the Champions League he won the Euro Cup. He seemed to always come up and not only play great in final games but score big goals.

I think Jari Litmanen had great talents just as Zidane. But Zidane had a very good team surrounding him when they became WC. He just gave em that little more they needed to become it. Litmanen comes from a poor soccer nation. But he was one of the pilars of the 95 ajax team that won the champions league.

Ah well we all understand eachother, we never can end this discussion :)

So will WestHam relegate after all? Since Sheffield is trying to go to the Uefa Court..

So will WestHam relegate after all? Since Sheffield is trying to go to the Uefa Court..
I hope not. I hate to see things like this decided off the pitch.

It might be right or it might be wrong, I just don't like it.

Like Serie A a year ago. I'm pretty sure Inter didn't feel like winners even though they were handed the league title. And what's even more weird is that the Italian federation kept changing the penelties. First Milan (for example) got a certain number of minus points to start the 2006/07 season, but that number kept going down and going down.

Does anyone know exactly why West Ham might be facing this legal action? I know they did something fishy when they acquired Tevez and Mascherano (sp?), but what exactly did they do wrong?

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

I hope not. I hate to see things like this decided off the pitch.

It might be right or it might be wrong, I just don't like it.

Like Serie A a year ago. I'm pretty sure Inter didn't feel like winners even though they were handed the league title. And what's even more weird is that the Italian federation kept changing the penelties. First Milan (for example) got a certain number of minus points to start the 2006/07 season, but that number kept going down and going down.

Does anyone know exactly why West Ham might be facing this legal action? I know they did something fishy when they acquired Tevez and Mascherano (sp?), but what exactly did they do wrong?

basically it is illegal under premiership law for player to be owned by a third party- basically west ham never signed either of them- but didnt loan them either from another club- but from an agency- so if tevez leaves west ham- they wouldnt see any money from the transfer.

I think West Ham is safe, I know there is a lot of talk about them being punished more. But the fact of the matter is they have already been fined 5 million pounds and I don't think any other action will be taken. I know Fifa is getting involved now, but I doubt they will interfere with the English FA.

I think West Ham is safe, I know there is a lot of talk about them being punished more. But the fact of the matter is they have already been fined 5 million pounds and I don't think any other action will be taken. I know Fifa is getting involved now, but I doubt they will interfere with the English FA.

You know Blatter, he thinks he's god!! I'm worried!!

But i hope they stay up, they deserved it by winning so many games @ the end. They knew what was at stake. They fought for it and deserve to be up, ah well i'm not objective :D

As a Chelsea supporter I don't care much for West Ham but I do think they deserve to stay up, and as I have said in a previous post I think Alan Curbishly is one of the best managers in England. Charlton was a middle of the table team because of him and he left last summer and now they have been relegated, with arguably more talent this season.

Congrats West Ham and good luck.

F.A Cup Final Tommorow: Post Predictions Here:

Manchester United 2 Chelsea 0 ronaldo and rooney to score.

:clap: