Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

Batman- Social Justice, tortured soul

Superman- social justice, longing to be humanistic but must accept the fact that he's not human, he's different. lonely

I don't relate will to genetic mutation. So I guess I don't understand Marvel.

Ah, yes, I can see how relating to an alien with a shit-ton of powers and is weakened by a rock is easier and more understandable.

Oh, and when DC and Marvel decided to hook up to do a story-arc, Marvel won the battle.

I like Cowboy Bebop. :)

:o

I do too! Wooooo!

I really like Love Hina too.

Superman 3 and 4 relevant anymore lol.

They were movies made for a DC character by DC. Don't bring up the movies then if you're just going to discount the ones that go against what you're saying.

they are pointless movies now that SR takes off right where S2 leaves us.

So that means that if George Lucas made another Star Wars movie that started moments before TPM and ended moments after ROTS, he would effectively erase the embarrassments that were the prequels?

they are pointless movies now that SR takes off right where S2 leaves us.

They were still movies developed by the DC braintrust using DC characters. It's DC's fault they sucked. Only DC has had to restart their franchises (not only their frachises, their landmark characters. Hard to get to secondary guys like Flash, Lantern or WW when you can't even get Batman and Superman off the ground). Comic book movies didn't start gaining critical acclaim until the early 2000s when X-Men and Spiderman were released.

*gasp* Those are Marvel franchises!

Errr, are you saying that Superman is emo?

Clark Kent on Smallville and Superman Returns sure is.

They were still movies developed by the DC braintrust using DC characters. It's DC's fault they sucked. Only DC has had to restart their franchises (not only their frachises, their landmark characters. Hard to get to secondary guys like Flash, Lantern or WW when you can't even get Batman and Superman off the ground). Comic book movies didn't start gaining critical acclaim until the early 2000s when X-Men and Spiderman were released.

*gasp* Those are Marvel franchises!

That's because it would have been impossible for anyone to do a Marvel comic book movie in the 80's and 90's because the technology in computer animation just wasn't there yet.

So that means that if George Lucas made another Star Wars movie that started moments before TPM and ended moments after ROTS, he would effectively erase the embarrassments that were the prequels?

:rolleyes: I think people will have a fit if we have this argument again. :lol: Watch ROTS and then judge it.

I agree. Return of the Sith was a good movie. Not as good as the original trilogy but it was solid.

Clark Kent on Smallville and Superman Returns sure is.

Explain to me how this is a good thing? :huh:

:rolleyes: I think people will have a fit if we have this argument again. :lol: Watch ROTS and then judge it.

Fine, would you be happier if I just wiped out the first two prequels rather than all three?

That's because it would have been impossible for anyone to do a Marvel comic book movie in the 80's and 90's because the technology in computer animation just wasn't there yet.

You do realize Marvel movies WERE made in the 80s and 90s, right? They weren't good but neither was Batman Returns, Forever and Robin. Or Superman 3 and 4.

Fine, would you be happier if I just wiped out the first two prequels rather than all three?

No, because the first two are mostly good too. I mean, take out the scene where Anakin and Padme are playing in the field and AotC is an awesome movie. Ignore Jar-Jar and PM isn't too bad either.

No, because the first two are mostly good too. I mean, take out the scene where Anakin and Padme are playing in the field and AotC is an awesome movie. Ignore Jar-Jar and PM isn't too bad either.

The only parts I liked about TPM were Darth Maul, Padme (because it's Natalie!), Darth Maul, the Duel of Fates, oh and did I mention Darth Maul yet? Things I didn't like were Jar Jar, the Gungans in general, the Trade Federation, the battle droids, the pod race, Anakin, and things like midichlorians and the Jedi Code.

As for AOTC, the only good scenes were when Anakin went postal on the Tuskens and the really big battle between the Jedi and the battle droids. The Kenobi/Fett fight and the final lightsaber duel were pretty good too. The rest of that film was pretty much filler and a sad attempt at making some sort of romance/soap opera out of Star Wars.

The only parts I liked about TPM were Darth Maul, Padme (because it's Natalie!), Darth Maul, the Duel of Fates, oh and did I mention Darth Maul yet? Things I didn't like were Jar Jar, the Gungans in general, the Trade Federation, the battle droids, the pod race, Anakin, and things like midichlorians and the Jedi Code.

How can you not like the pod race? I don't even like racing in general, but that was freaking awesome! And you must not have read many of the Star Wars books, because Luke and the other Jedi spend a lot of time pondering what it means to be a Jedi and trying to find links to the past so they can rediscover the Jedi Code. I never will understand the bitching about Anakin, I mean, the kid was 9 years old. Not everyone is Dakota Fanning. You are right though, Duel of Fates was amazing, reason enough to watch the movie. As cool as the fight and double lightsabre was, though, I wasn't a fan of Darth Maul. He was underused, much like the infinitely sweet General Grievous for RotS.

As for AOTC, the only good scenes were when Anakin went postal on the Tuskens and the really big battle between the Jedi and the battle droids. The Kenobi/Fett fight and the final lightsaber duel were pretty good too. The rest of that film was pretty much filler and a sad attempt at making some sort of romance/soap opera out of Star Wars.

You basically described half the movie right there. :lol: Add in the kick ass chase scene from the beginning of the movie and the mystery surrounding the clones and you've got an awesome movie, save for the lame scene already mentioned in the field.

I rank the whole series:

Star Wars

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Empire Strikes Back

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace

I think ESB was very similar to AotC. Both got off to an awesome start and have an awesome finish, but lull in the middle. Plus I never liked Lando in the movies. He did grow on me in the books, however. What would be amazing is if they made movies out of Timothy Zahn's trilogy that comes after Return of the Jedi. Those books were so good that movies made after them would be awesome, even if they were only half as good as the books.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

NOT STAR WAAAARRRRRS AGAIN!!!!!

*shoots himself in the head*

Star Wars > Comic Book Movies

How can you not like the pod race? I don't even like racing in general, but that was freaking awesome! And you must not have read many of the Star Wars books, because Luke and the other Jedi spend a lot of time pondering what it means to be a Jedi and trying to find links to the past so they can rediscover the Jedi Code. I never will understand the bitching about Anakin, I mean, the kid was 9 years old. Not everyone is Dakota Fanning. You are right though, Duel of Fates was amazing, reason enough to watch the movie. As cool as the fight and double lightsabre was, though, I wasn't a fan of Darth Maul. He was underused, much like the infinitely sweet General Grievous for RotS.

I just felt it was a gimmick. It was rather predictable and just kind of boring I guess. As for Star Wars books, I've read almost all of them. One thing about the Code that I really don't like is the contradiction in "I, Jedi." As for Anakin, the reason I didn't like him is because he WAS 9 years old. Couldn't they have started the prequels where he was like 14 or something so there isn't a huge ten year gap between the first two? As for Darth Maul, I wasn't a huge fan until I read "Shadow Hunter." That's such a freaking awesome book. :king:

You basically described half the movie right there. :lol: Add in the kick ass chase scene from the beginning of the movie and the mystery surrounding the clones and you've got an awesome movie, save for the lame scene already mentioned in the field.

But the problem is that out of a two hour movie, only about 30 minutes of it is watchable. That's not good enough for me.

I rank the whole series:

Star Wars

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Empire Strikes Back

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace

I think ESB was very similar to AotC. Both got off to an awesome start and have an awesome finish, but lull in the middle.

For me it would be:

ESB

ANH

ROTJ

AOTC

TPM

I haven't seen ROTS yet, so I didn't include it.