Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

Well, I know what I'm getting myself for my 21st Birthday...

http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/29/dells-m...iller-revealed/

That thing would be like heaven.

Oh boy.....

Of course. It was obvious almost everyone was against him for his "actions" around here lately(well once he left) no matter what. I think he finally gave up after I started defending Pierre. Well actually he deleted all the evidence to the argument and wanted to hide and everyone was like... "Why'd you delete everything?" and that's when he got cornered(and mad) and ran away. I couldn't take it anymore really.

The Deleting of my posts made me go away, i cant take that shit. Ok you modifie it and give a reason. but he just deleted if he didnt like it and no reason had been called. I never crossed any rule...so thats why i left. When PTG said Fanny was gone i made an effort in returning. I wrote a big letter to Sakicq about Fanny's actions. But never heared from again...

The Deleting of my posts made me go away, i cant take that shit. Ok you modifie it and give a reason. but he just deleted if he didnt like it and no reason had been called. I never crossed any rule...so thats why i left. When PTG said Fanny was gone i made an effort in returning. I wrote a big letter to Sakicq about Fanny's actions. But never heared from again...

Yeah, he screwed around with posts waaaaay more offten then I've ever seen a moderator do.

Agreed. That's what I meant by "actions". ;) He was a power hungry mongrel.

It took me a minute to notice the fish !!

today I got high speed internet..I'm never going back to basic...ever.

Finished a reread of HP7. By far the best book of the series. I actually only consider HP a trilogy - the final three books. I compare it to LOTR where you've got the big trilogy and then a whole bunch of books of backstory (The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, The Adventures of Tom Bombadil). The first four books don't do much other than introduce the characters and what the wizarding world's like.

Finished a reread of HP7. By far the best book of the series. I actually only consider HP a trilogy - the final three books. I compare it to LOTR where you've got the big trilogy and then a whole bunch of books of backstory (The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, The Adventures of Tom Bombadil). The first four books don't do much other than introduce the characters and what the wizarding world's like.

same here. HP7 was amazingly good. I like the fact that they decided to devide the book into 2 movies.

It was alright. I don't spit venom at the epilogue though like most fans, I was really happy something like that was included.

5 is still my favourite and 6 is tied with 7. I'd include 4 with the main story as well BTH just because of

Diggory's

death, it ties in to the 5th book a bit. Agreed on the first three though, none really tie together like the last three do. I've thought the same way.

same here. HP7 was amazingly good. I like the fact that they decided to devide the book into 2 movies.

Me too. There's way too much material in that book. If you're going to do it justice, you could make a full movie on the final quarter of the book alone.

It was alright. I don't spit venom at the epilogue though like most fans, I was really happy something like that was included.

5 is still my favourite and 6 is tied with 7. I'd include 4 with the main story as well BTH just because of

Diggory's

death, it ties in to the 5th book a bit. Agreed on the first three though, none really tie together like the last three do. I've thought the same way.

I don't really see the significance of Cedric's death (I don't think it's really a spoiler, the 5th's movie's already out, people who are going to read/see them probably have by now) over the next three books. Sure, Harry has nightmares about it in the beginning of Order of the Phoenix but I think that that has just as much significance as something like the Chamber of Secrets existing because Ron and Hermione go back down there in Deathly Hallows (and the sword needs to be covered in Basilisk venom).

When I first read the 5th one, it was b yfar my favourite and that was when I first started becoming a big fan (as opposed to one, who reads the book, likes it and forgets the names of half the characters a month later). Then, when Half-Blodd Prince came out, I thought that that one was by far the best one. Then, Hallows came out and I loved that one. But upon my reread, I think that Hallows is the best-written and just the best overall. It is the only one I would compare to classic books of literature like To Kill A Mockingbird, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and other books you would in English class.

I think what I loved most were the deaths. Instead of the whole book leading up to one death (e.g.

Sirius

), it hits us early and often and they are so unexpected. Personally, I actually feel a lot for most of the characters after seven books, so it hits me when a character dies. I had to take a couple of hours break time to mourn for

Dobby

after he died.

I also love how many classic moments and lines are in this book. Every book has a lot of humour and stuff like that but Deathly Hallows has memorable parts in almost every chapter. ("Not my daughter, you bitch!" "Are - you - mental?" "Of course this is all in your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" etc etc etc)

I don't love the epilogue because it's a bit too

"and they all lived happily ever after"

, especially if you've ever heard JKR go into more detail in interviews about what jobs they had and stuff.

Me too. There's way too much material in that book. If you're going to do it justice, you could make a full movie on the final quarter of the book alone.

I don't really see the significance of Cedric's death (I don't think it's really a spoiler, the 5th's movie's already out, people who are going to read/see them probably have by now) over the next three books. Sure, Harry has nightmares about it in the beginning of Order of the Phoenix but I think that that has just as much significance as something like the Chamber of Secrets existing because Ron and Hermione go back down there in Deathly Hallows (and the sword needs to be covered in Basilisk venom).

When I first read the 5th one, it was b yfar my favourite and that was when I first started becoming a big fan (as opposed to one, who reads the book, likes it and forgets the names of half the characters a month later). Then, when Half-Blodd Prince came out, I thought that that one was by far the best one. Then, Hallows came out and I loved that one. But upon my reread, I think that Hallows is the best-written and just the best overall. It is the only one I would compare to classic books of literature like To Kill A Mockingbird, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and other books you would in English class.

I think what I loved most were the deaths. Instead of the whole book leading up to one death (e.g.

Sirius

), it hits us early and often and they are so unexpected. Personally, I actually feel a lot for most of the characters after seven books, so it hits me when a character dies. I had to take a couple of hours break time to mourn for

Dobby

after he died.

I also love how many classic moments and lines are in this book. Every book has a lot of humour and stuff like that but Deathly Hallows has memorable parts in almost every chapter. ("Not my daughter, you bitch!" "Are - you - mental?" "Of course this is all in your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" etc etc etc)

I don't love the epilogue because it's a bit too

"and they all lived happily ever after"

, especially if you've ever heard JKR go into more detail in interviews about what jobs they had and stuff.

yeah i thought the epilogue was kinda useless.

For my part, I prefered 7-5-6, 6th being a prequel of the 7th. I think the movie will somewhat sucks, exepted for the HUGE punch at the end.

I mean not Dumbledore being killed, but Snape killing him... and by the way, it took me a few minutes before i stoped to smile when i read the "Dumbledore asked Snape to kill him when necessary" part.

You can never be too carefuly about spoilers, people were whining in 2005 about King Kong spoilers. Theres always someone out there who doesn't know.

I never said Cedric's death was significant over the three books, I said it played a role in most of the 5th book. His death and Voldemort returning act as a large prologue into the main trilogy with 1-3 as stand alone books. The 5th book had probably the easiest to hate villian in the whole series (Umbridge). I found myself hating her even more then Voldemort....it was a shame they barely touched on that in the 5th movie. They've all been garbage since the first one though, especially the 5th.

OotP has the best moment of the series for me as well, Fred and George leaving Hogwarts. Reading all of the mass chaos just beat everything else I read after that. The Dumbledore/Voldemort showdown was great too.

You weren't expecting a lot of people to be taken out? I figured one last kind of epic battle was coming so I thought JKR would take that opportunity to off quite a few people. I never knew exactly who it would be but I thought DH would have a lot of casualties.

Dobby definitely caught me off guard though. I figured Ron or Hermione would've been one of the dead though and reading through the end of the book let me kind of anxious in that regard.

You listed the exact reason why I liked the epilogue. I wanted to know what the main three went on to do. It was kind of sloppily written, seemed a little rushed but I appreciated the effort all the same.

She needs to stop that elaborating BS though. Like with saying Dumbledore is gay. Whats the point? If you have all these other character features, write another book but don't just give these out of the blue comments. Crap like that annoys me.

Part of my English class next year is going to include studying the HP books and ensuing phenomenon, I can't wait, haha.

You can never be too carefuly about spoilers, people were whining in 2005 about King Kong spoilers. Theres always someone out there who doesn't know.

I never said Cedric's death was significant over the three books, I said it played a role in most of the 5th book. His death and Voldemort returning act as a large prologue into the main trilogy with 1-3 as stand alone books. The 5th book had probably the easiest to hate villian in the whole series (Umbridge). I found myself hating her even more then Voldemort....it was a shame they barely touched on that in the 5th movie. They've all been garbage since the first one though, especially the 5th.

OotP has the best moment of the series for me as well, Fred and George leaving Hogwarts. Reading all of the mass chaos just beat everything else I read after that. The Dumbledore/Voldemort showdown was great too.

You weren't expecting a lot of people to be taken out? I figured one last kind of epic battle was coming so I thought JKR would take that opportunity to off quite a few people. I never knew exactly who it would be but I thought DH would have a lot of casualties.

Dobby definitely caught me off guard though. I figured Ron or Hermione would've been one of the dead though and reading through the end of the book let me kind of anxious in that regard.

You listed the exact reason why I liked the epilogue. I wanted to know what the main three went on to do. It was kind of sloppily written, seemed a little rushed but I appreciated the effort all the same.

She needs to stop that elaborating BS though. Like with saying Dumbledore is gay. Whats the point? If you have all these other character features, write another book but don't just give these out of the blue comments. Crap like that annoys me.

Part of my English class next year is going to include studying the HP books and ensuing phenomenon, I can't wait, haha.

Lucky you, I had Being there and The old man and the sea in the same 6 months at one point. :puke: