Habs-Golden Knights Series Discussion Thread

dlbalr

12 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Caufield reminds me of nobody so much as Martin St Louis.

I’m NOT saying he is going to be a player of that level (although part of me is reluctant to rule that out). It’s just that St Louis is the template for his game, IMHO.

St Louis n ver had even close to the immediate success that Caufield had. So while it would be great if Caufield had a similar type of career , we can still hope he does even better😁

20 hours ago, tomh009 said:

😄

Subban seems to harbour no ill feelings for the team. And given how many people on this forum misspell Caufield, I'll forgive that to PK as well!

PK has always said how much he loves Montreal. I never heard him say a bad word about anyone other than Therrien…

He also garbled KK’s name (although who can blame him?). Part of that may have been disorientation from the environment. He needs some more polish (understandably) but he should have a stellar post-hockey career ahead of him; what this segment reveals is the possibility that he could take on the role of ambassador for NHL hockey to the USA in general and African-American audiences in particular. On the one hand, you can argue that this is unfair to him: just because he’s black, he has to play that role of “outreach” to black America? On the other hand, the deftness with which he made analogies between the Habs’ players and examples which resonate with that audience shows him quite well-suited for this. The other possibility is that he go the more standard route of becoming an conventional analyst/commentator - although whether his exuberance can be properly contained within that format is another question. 

• Upvote 1