GAME#80 Habs vs Leafs 7pm Sat April 8 2023

DON

Just now, tomh009 said:

The only real chance was the rush by Hoffman and Pitlick. And Wideman actually looks like he still cares.

Tierney had a lane to get the puck on net on a 1-on-1 but turned around into coverage instead of putting it on net.  At some point, just get it on goal.

27 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Thought the Habs were going to fight back after the second period start but that lucky deflection to make it 3-1 then 4-1 took their wind away

They were at least a bit more competitive in the period, it wasn't as much of a walkover as the first.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Toronto's EBUG at some point in the third if the 3-goal lead is still there with a few minutes to go.

That was crazy the Habs had 1 shot inthe 1st period, wth?  1 of Armia's wrist shots was over 90 mph, which was also on par with Hoffmans 1 timer.  I didn't like the call on Marty coaches challenge.  Matheson barely touched O'Reily and is much smaller than him.  Oh well, Yotes won so the Habs are back to 5th last.  

D’oh, its a shame that Marty said no to be part of Team Canada at the Worlds.  I can understand why he declined but it could have been highly beneficial if he took the position.  He would be coaching star players and if they really like his style they might want to play for the Habs when they become a UFA. 

8 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

That was crazy the Habs had 1 shot inthe 1st period, wth?  1 of Armia's wrist shots was over 90 mph, which was also on par with Hoffmans 1 timer.  I didn't like the call on Marty coaches challenge.  Matheson barely touched O'Reily and is much smaller than him.  Oh well, Yotes won so the Habs are back to 5th last.  

D’oh, its a shame that Marty said no to be part of Team Canada at the Worlds.  I can understand why he declined but it could have been highly beneficial if he took the position.  He would be coaching star players and if they really like his style they might want to play for the Habs when they become a UFA. 

I didn’t watch this game. Haven’t been watching much at all lately, and don’t regret not seeing this injury-ravaged AHL team flail around hopelessly for 60.

As for Marty, I doubt any player is going to sign with us because of a couple of weeks with Marty at the Worlds. Heck, MSL already seems to have a stellar rep and ultra positive word of mouth around the league; one could argue that detailed exposure to his coaching strengths and weaknesses might deflate the myth just a bit.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I didn’t watch this game. Haven’t been watching much at all lately, and don’t regret not seeing this injury-ravaged AHL team flail around hopelessly for 60.

As for Marty, I doubt any player is going to sign with us because of a couple of weeks with Marty at the Worlds. Heck, MSL already seems to have a stellar rep and ultra positive word of mouth around the league; one could argue that detailed exposure to his coaching strengths and weaknesses might deflate the myth just a bit.

We have pointed out some of Marty’s weaknesses/bad decisions and I’m not sure how he would be rated by GMs but one thing is for certain, the players love him and respect him.