GAME#80 Habs vs Leafs 7pm Sat April 8 2023

DON

too late for loosing games to improve lottery draft odds, that ship has sailed.

Beat the leafs and break their hearts.

Go Habs Go!

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

too late for loosing games to improve lottery draft odds, that ship has sailed.

Beat the leafs and break their hearts.

Go Habs Go!

It’s preferable to pick 5 over 6 even if it’s a bit of a crap shoot. 

My hope is the Bolts have one more great playoff season - they are sunsetting  - to break the leafs hearts. 

Go Arizona Go

55 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

It’s preferable to pick 5 over 6 even if it’s a bit of a crap shoot. 

My hope is the Bolts have one more great playoff season - they are sunsetting  - to break the leafs hearts. 

Go Arizona Go

Agree on that. Tonight is our best chance for an Arizona win.  Go Yotes!!  Go Pens!  Go Capitals!!!!!

22 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

It feels dirty hoping for the Leafs to win this game, but I really want to slip below Arizona in the standings.

It does feel dirty but it's all about the big picture. Plus finishing 5th worst instead of 6th worst gives us an 8.5% chance of getting Bedard instead of 7.5%. That 1 extra ball might be the difference. 

Leafs have nothing to play for now. They've secured home ice advantage and can't catch the bruins. I expect them to rest their stars. I don't think any individuals are chasing milestones either.

21 minutes ago, DON said:

Go Ducks, Go Caps!

Pitt is up 3-1 over WIngs.

Also nice to see Buffalo beat Carolina. Not that I expect Buffalo to catch Florida (slim hope) but it would be nice if Carolina's last game of the season against Florida was for 1st place in their division otherwise they would probably rest a lot of their guys. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Leafs have nothing to play for now. They've secured home ice advantage and can't catch the bruins. I expect them to rest their stars. I don't think any individuals are chasing milestones either.

Their top pairing of Rielly-Brodie is sitting tonight.  They're also expected to have an EBUG backup as part of a comically convoluted plan to create cap space to sign Matthew Knies tomorrow.   Full marks for creativity but the lengths they're going to in order to get him eligible to play a couple of regular season games is quite something.

We need to lose to these bums, as much as I hate the Leafs. A bottom 5 finish is more important than a nothing game against these bums.

2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Their top pairing of Rielly-Brodie is sitting tonight.  They're also expected to have an EBUG backup ...

Primeau needs to start.

Saturday, April 8
Projected lineup
LW C RW
49 - Rafael Harvey-Pinard 14 - Nick Suzuki 40 - Joel Armia
25 - Denis Gurianov 27 - Jonathan Drouin 11 - Brendan Gallagher
32 - Rem Pitlick 71 - Jake Evans 68 - Mike Hoffman
55 - Michael Pezzetta 67 - Chris Tierney 56 - Jesse Ylonen
LD RD G
8 - Mike Matheson 52 - Justin Barron 35 - Sam Montembeault
44 - Joel Edmundson 6 - Chris Wideman 30 - Cayden Primeau
64 - Corey Schueneman 26 - Johnathan Kovacevic

8 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

The refs seem to have decided that the Habs should get the fifth pick ...b

Them and the Habs.  Yikes, what a horrific effort.  Even when they were in shooting areas, to a man they wanted to pass out of them.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Them and the Habs.  Yikes, what a horrific effort.  Even when they were in shooting areas, to a man they wanted to pass out of them.

The only real chance was the rush by Hoffman and Pitlick. And Wideman actually looks like he still cares.