Habs re-sign Mitchell Stephens

dlbalr

One year, two-way deal worth $775,000 in the NHL and has a total guarantee of $385,000.  He was eligible to file for arbitration tomorrow.

I'm on PHR coverage tonight so I'll link this write-up for now and will eventually get to one for here as well: https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2023/07/canadiens-re-sign-mitchell-stephens.html

Good veteran for Laval ... good signing.

13 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Good veteran for Laval ... good signing.

Yes, seems to be filling out roster there anyways, nice.

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2023 at 7:45 PM, dlbalr said:

One year, two-way deal worth $775,000 in the NHL and has a total guarantee of $385,000.  He was eligible to file for arbitration tomorrow.

I'm on PHR coverage tonight so I'll link this write-up for now and will eventually get to one for here as well: https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2023/07/canadiens-re-sign-mitchell-stephens.html

Do you think he may be an option to center the 4th line to start the season? since Dvorak is probably going to start on injury reserve

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Do you think he may be an option to center the 4th line to start the season? since Dvorak is probably going to start on injury reserve

It's possible he's in the mix.  Lias Andersson could have a shot at that roster spot as well.  Both have a decent amount of NHL experience.  It's also possible that Monahan is the 3C and Evans the 4C and that the extra forward (if they carry one - they might not if they're trying to stay out of LTIR) is a winger.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

It's possible he's in the mix.  Lias Andersson could have a shot at that roster spot as well.  Both have a decent amount of NHL experience.  It's also possible that Monahan is the 3C and Evans the 4C and that the extra forward (if they carry one - they might not if they're trying to stay out of LTIR) is a winger.

I think a big factor will be what Dvorak's expected return date will be, whether they just deal with it for a few games or whether it's going to stretch into weeks--or months.