Game 49 - Montreal @ Pittsburgh - January 27th - 7 pm

GHT120

1 hour ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

So now we start the wasted week. I have no interest at all in the all-star game and feel it should be eliminated. Those 7 days could break up 7 back to back games for every team. 

However, it would be a great week to make a trade as the player coming to Montreal would have time to make the move in a more leisurely manner than usual, more chance to get settled and have preliminary meetings with HuGo/MSL et al.

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

Anderson doesn't work there 

The $64,000 Question is where does he "work"?

He seems to be a classic "third wheel" ... he is able to do some specific things but for the most part he does them on his own, not as part of a unit.

• Upvote 1

As good as Matheson has been for us this year and in this game, particularly with his sublime skating. His decision-making at times leaves me wanting much more. I get it turnovers happen, more so with the top guys on teams who just get more touches during a game than most and often make plays.

BUT, the decision to throw the puck at the net while skating backwards at Pitts blue line during 3on3 was ridiculous. Shorten your shift, hold possesion and make a change!

i want to see a little more Slav on 3on3 as well.

11 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

As good as Matheson has been for us this year and in this game with his sublime skating. His decision making at times leaves me wanting more. I get it turnoverls happen. And more so with the top guys who just get more touches during a game.

BUT, the decision to throw the puck at the net while skating backwards at their blue line during 3on3 was ridiculous. Shorten your shift , hold possesion and make a  change!

Matheson is a very good skater and puck-handler, but there is a reason he has never been considered amongst the elite defencemen ... on a serious-playoff-team he fits as second pairing defenceman if he has a solid defence-first partner.

14 hours ago, Commandant said:

That said, Anderson cannot play with Suzuki and Caufield.  Ive seen it enough for 3 years to know he doesnt work on that line.... try RHP, Ylonen, Pearson or literally anyone else.

Ylonen would be interesting to see what he would do with 19-20minutes, Pearson seemed to start out hot, but seems 1/2 step too slow most of time since (5 of his 8 points he had in the 1st 5 games of season).

3 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

As good as Matheson has been for us this year and in this game, particularly with his sublime skating. His decision-making at times leaves me wanting much more. I get it turnovers happen, more so with the top guys on teams who just get more touches during a game than most and often make plays.

BUT, the decision to throw the puck at the net while skating backwards at Pitts blue line during 3on3 was ridiculous. Shorten your shift, hold possesion and make a change!

Matheson’s decisions with the puck in all three zones is a crap shoot. He might do something amazing or he might do something really stupid. 

He is really confusing at times. 

He also does some great things 

6 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

I think it would be way more fun to make it a legends game with players like Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman and so on.

And that would require one day instead of a week

4 hours ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

And that would require one day instead of a week

Its not a week.

There are NHL games on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday... just no Habs games.

Every team gets a week off but its staggered.  So half the league (including Habs) get the week before allstar and half get the week after.  This is part of the CBA the players asked for.  A midseason bye week.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1