Game 82 Detroit at Montreal 7pm April 16

Now that the season is over and we have all seen the Habs improve. How do you feel now, will the Habs make the playoffs next season?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Wildcard spot for the Habs next year?

• Yes
    • No

Definitely cheaper. Some of the broadcasts are a bit dodgy, though, at least on my friend’s unit. At $200 I’m willing to pay it to get a decent broadcast.

Your mileage may vary! 🙂

15 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Just remember, that comes off the cap next year if he gets it.

Brian, any idea how much his bonus for scoring 20 goals will be?

11 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Hutson may be as nimble as any Hab in recent memory ... quick changes of direction, fakes, etc.

And may be the smallest Hab d-man.:nuts:

Another fun game with lots of positives.

Hutson 23:32; Mailloux 21:11

Matheson 27:32 5 shots, nice finish and I saw he recently said he knows his defense is an area for him to work on.

Be nice to see him paired with a bonafide top pairing RHer at some point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DON said:

Matheson 27:32 5 shots, nice finish and I saw he recently said he knows his defense is an area for him to work on.

Be nice to see him paired with a bonafide top pairing RHer at some point.

AGREED

Their plans for him also impact their draft plans ... at $4.875AAV for the next two seasons he is great value ... both in a trade and for the Habs themselves ... if they plan is to keep him through the end of his contract there is a slightly higher need to draft more LHD the next couple of years to feed the pipeline as keeping MM likely means moving one or two of the better youngsters.

29 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

AGREED

Their plans for him also impact their draft plans ... at $4.875AAV for the next two seasons he is great value ... both in a trade and for the Habs themselves ... if they plan is to keep him through the end of his contract there is a slightly higher need to draft more LHD the next couple of years to feed the pipeline as keeping MM likely means moving one or two of the better youngsters.

His contract is brilliant both in number and term. Hopefully two years from now Hutson or some other young D is emerging as his replacement - at which point we ship him out at the deadline for, potentially, significant returns.

Trading him for Petry was a catastrophically stupid bit of business by the Pens.