Game 82 Detroit at Montreal 7pm April 16

Now that the season is over and we have all seen the Habs improve. How do you feel now, will the Habs make the playoffs next season?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Wildcard spot for the Habs next year?

• Yes
    • No

I am glad you didn't say the Wings will crush the Habs. I expect another close game, perhaps a better effort at the start from the Wings as they may feel a little looser playing on the road.  The Habs have done a great job of scoring the first goal lately but not finishing. I hope for a regulation loss by the Habs but I rarely get what I hope for so let's just see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am glad you didn't say the Wings will crush the Habs. I expect another close game, perhaps a better effort at the start from the Wings as they may feel a little looser playing on the road.  The Habs have done a great job of scoring the first goal lately but not finishing. I hope for a regulation loss by the Habs but I rarely get what I hope for so let's just see what happens. 

lol yeah I learned my lesson yesterday. The Habs are a tough team to play against and as you said, they are loose, just having fun. 

From Detroit’s perspective, they win, they in. But that didn’t motivate them much yesterday!

I hope Slafkovsky gets to 20 goals and Caufield to 30. I also hope Suzuki gets to 80 points. 

Ideally we lose 6-5 in regulation.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I hope Slafkovsky gets to 20 goals and Caufield to 30. I also hope Suzuki gets to 80 points. 

Ideally we lose 6-5 in regulation.

Yes, Slafkovsky gets a nice $ bonus if he hits 20 goals and I hope the kid does it. 

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yes, Slafkovsky gets a nice $ bonus if he hits 20 goals and I hope the kid does it. 

Just remember, that comes off the cap next year if he gets it.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Just remember, that comes off the cap next year if he gets it.

Again I learn new stuff!

I thought all bonuses were”baked in” to the current year. Meaning that cap space was already set aside in case that player makes their bonuses. 

40 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Again I learn new stuff!

I thought all bonuses were”baked in” to the current year. Meaning that cap space was already set aside in case that player makes their bonuses. 

Usually yes, but not if we are using LTIR ...

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I don’t know how you folks keep all of this straight 🤔

For me, I have a copy of the CBA and the MOU extension on my computer.  I rarely go more than a couple of weeks without needing to consult it for something whether it's for something here or on PHR so some of the obscure stuff sticks after a while.  And as most here know, I'm a bit of a cap guy so I have some odd facts on that front in my head.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Primeau starts

I expected to Montembeault to get the start in the home finale ... does this speak to Primeau "climbing the ladder"?

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

I expected to Montembeault to get the start in the home finale ... does this speak to Primeau "climbing the ladder"?

I think it's just a case of alternating the goalies like they have been doing and it's Primeau's turn. 

• Upvote 1

Mailloux should get lots of TOI ... unless he utterly stinks (don't expect he will) ... he is paired with the Habs highest 5-on-5 and PP TOI defenceman, (also 2nd highest PK TOI) and MSL showed his willingness to give a "1st-gamer" lots of ice-time as long as he performed well-enough to merit it.

RDS shows Pezzetta take a clean hit and head straight to the bench, then locker-room, holding his right shoulder ... they haven't seen him return.

randomness ... is it just me or does Slaf need a stiffer stick

4 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Can’t watch the game tonight but all the social media commentary is gushing over Hutson. 

Is he really playing well?

Is he any better in the Dzone tonight? 

Im missing an exciting game 💩

Hes really showing that crazy edgework in the ozone to create space and chances.

D is better too.

Just got an assist on a shot slaf tipped in.

20 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Nice to see Cayden got the memo

Slaf didn't ... not only potentially hurting draft lottery position but that triggers a bonus that (as was pointed out by @dlbalr) ends up charged to next year's cap ... that thanks to LTIR for Mr. "I don't want to be a burden".