New Heavyweight?

HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Don't forget I said it, because I did.

Bob hasn't done anything right since picking up Kovalev in March 04, thats two years ago. Not doing anything postive in two years will lead to hard times, which we're seeing right now. I can go on and on... Garon for Bonk, signing Dandenualt, giving Theodore 16 million over 3 years. Our defense hasn't been changed in forever. The last Dman we got via trade was Souray, about half a decade ago.

Worrel is a total monster, if you're going to get a goon, get someone serious, not a make believe goon that Tie Domi will handle.

Also, watch your sarcastic tone there buddy.

Downey will help some

But a major enforcer would be nice

Columbus going nowhere Shelley good enforcer possible ufa next year

Worrel geez i dont think so

reminds me of the Time Gerry Cooney came out of rehab to fight

he looked wasted not ready to fight and he was wasted after a few rounds

cant remember the opponent maybe Holmes not sure

Edited by larek

Wow, thats all I got to say about some people on this site. The Habs win two games everyone loves Gainey, the Habs lose two game and everyone bashes him. Are these the same people that drove Roy out of town. Also I wonder if all the Theo bashers will jump back on the bandwagon if he gets hot.

Wow, thats all I got to say about some people on this site. The Habs win two games everyone loves Gainey, the Habs lose two game and everyone bashes him. Are these the same people that drove Roy out of town. Also I wonder if all the Theo bashers will jump back on the bandwagon if he gets hot.

" if he gets hot "! LOL

Edited by larek

No.....because if Theo gets hot it will last a month....maby

It's not about a bandwagon, more like calling a spade a spade, Theodore sucks right now. He's been great in the past, and he could be great again one day, but right now he's brutal.

If we would have landed a righthanded Dman stud to replace Brisebois instead of Dandy we'd be way better off.

Every team in the NHL would be better off with another stud Dman; there simply weren't and arent that many of them lying around.

Most respected men in hockey? Have you heard the phrase "What have you done for me lately?" The answer is not much. Just like Sather in NY, prior to this year he was living off of what he did as an Oiler.

Again, not a fair comparison. If the team is still struggling in a couple of seasons maybe this would be an accurate comparison. Slats had years to turn NY around. This is really only Bob's second season.

I'm not saying Gainey isn't the right man, I believe he is... However, he hasn't warrented any accolades yet. If he does do something right, trust me, I'll be the first to praise him... But right now, I'm not impressed.

I'm not all that happy with the way things are going right now either, but even the Senators have struggled when hit by injuries. The difference is because they have great depth they were/ are able to play .500 hockey when they are missing top players. I think that BG is doing something worth praise: despite intense pressure he is not making a trade until he gets a deal that he really likes.

Edited by PMAC

picking up downey is a good move if bg thought vandemeer was the guy he would be here. downey has an attitude. he may not win all his fights but he has never backed down that I have ever heard of. He will fight anybody anytime and there ain't nothing wrong with that. we could use a little pride on this team.

if you are looking for a goon who wins every fight let me know who that is.

Edited by habs rule

Dandenault is mdiocre half the time but once in a while he'll show flashes of his experience. On some plays he just keeps on working. He's still a little overpayed though.

He's an ex-Stars, so BG and GC know him well I assume. He's on the small side for a goon (6-1, 216) but he's another Begin/Murray type of player. He'll probably take Ferland's place on the 4th liner and give us a little more bite.

this Post of Kozed's The second one! should have been the last post!! it says it all

at most we could have been talking about what will happen to Ivanans and Vandermeer BEcause OBVIOUSLY BG and GC know this goon and what he gives on and off the ice so the So OBviously he's bringing something we dont have either in Hamilton nor montreal... BY the way Who says nobody else wanted him? we pick at 8th or 9th place! there are several other teams that need shotgun!

I agree I'd like to see a real, scary heavweight. We'll see if Downey is the guy, but he sounds like another 'make do' goon. All the same, I can't see the sense in criticizing the Habs for picking him up - he's cheap and probably a reasonable gamble, all things considered.

'Bob blows' - puh-lease. Bonk is still unproven in a habs's uniform - you can't evaluate a player based on a groin injury. And nobody in a GM's chair, and I mean nobody, would have kept Garon over Theodore. Let's keep our heads here, Bob will need at least 3 or 4 years to completely turn this ship around. It's not HIS fault Theodore, Ribeiro, Zednik, and Bonk have all turned up duds this season; three of the four are proven veteran NHLers. Nor is it his fault about the injuries. Stay cool, all.

If he gets hot (as if that was possible...), I will jump on the "trade him because he as regain some value" bandwagon...Theo as to go PERIOD!!!! I said it when he signed is contract...overpaid and over evaluated. A player paid 5.3M$ as to be a game breaker and Theo is far from that.

picking up downey is a good move if bg thought vandemeer was the guy he would be here. downey has an attitude. he may not win all his fights but he has never backed down that I have ever heard of. He will fight anybody anytime and there ain't nothing wrong with that. we could use a little pride on this team.

if you are looking for a goon who wins every fight let me know who that is.

No just a goon that can fight with the Superheavyweights of our division and not get humiliated. If you think Downey will be there to fight the likes of Belak, Peters, Cairns or Godard and win as many as he loses that would be more than sufficient.

The thing is people were selling him as a heavyweight for the Habs, but I think he's looking more like a replacement for Murray injury now. Didn't realise how serious his injury was. At any rate I have doubts that he's a heavyweight, as someone said earlier more like a Neil or a Murray, which I apparently needs replacing.