Maybe They Can't Play Hockey... But...

Habby1197

They'll make amazing movie critics...

Gainey cancelled practice to have the team go see a movie together, couldn't they find a better bonding idea then a movie? Where everyone is SILENT?

Gainey and Carbo also met with a few players one on one...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/196459.html

Maybe it was Slap Shot!

Ribeiro can be Ned Braden who won't fight.

Begin, Murray and Downey can be the Hanson brothers.

THeodore and Denis Lemieux

Bonk and be Reggie Dunlop.

Souray can be Johnny Upton

And Craig Rivet can be Killer Dave Carlson

Maybe it was Slap Shot!

The ROCKET MOVIE I hope!

I wouldn't disgrace Richard's name by mentioning it with these Bozo's currently playing.....

Haha

It's okay Kaos...Maybe it is an instructional tape on how to skate. They COULD use a little hockey 101.

Edited by habsfan88

Maybe it was Slap Shot!

they look more like slapshot 2 :D

no, wait: they saw miracle one ice

they look more like slapshot 2 :D

no, wait: they saw miracle one ice

YEah I think the guys could use an instructional video or 2. The coaching staff also.

Maybe a miracle on ice will happen in Philly and Montreal will actually compete and win a game for a change

he took them to see BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!

Gainey == HEre ye go guys this is what you guys looked like against VAncouver! WATCH AND ENJOY! you guys are making the sequel!!!!

he took them to see BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!

Gainey == HEre ye go guys this is what you guys looked like against VAncouver! WATCH AND ENJOY! you guys are making the sequel!!!!

LOL Gay cowboys

On a more serious note - it's interesting, inasmuch as it tells us that Bob believes the problem is that the players are too tense and uptight and/or not close enough to each other, as a team. Clearly, he's looking for solutions from within for this dismal malaise.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

u fools.....gay cowboy movies ......ok.......

Bob is obviously trying to create some unity and team spirit right now......there must be groups or cliques of players right now...and that is bad...so cmon bob get these boys all on the band wagon and wake them up...we are an amazing team...and i mean amazing ok....the players just dont realise it yet.

As for trades...i think bob will make 1 major and 1 minor trade before the deadline.....by major i mean picking up a top defenseman for ribeiro and zednik maybe, and the minor being picking up a stable 3rd line scorer/checker....something along the lines of a mike fisher type as we need some energy players like begin...and im sorry but even though bonk, sundstrom and bulis are supposed to be these guys...they do not hit, plain and simple. When u look at other teams like calgary and vancouver, who i think are in the same skill range as montreal, all the players hit...even the top guys ...and thats what u need, we gotta intimidate the opponent or else we will keep getting walked all over. this team reminds me of an ottawa senator team for the past few years a good talented team with a pansy ass attitude that dont want to get their dresses wrinkled

SO PUT YOUR BIG BOY PANTS ON AND START PLAYING ROUGH AND AGRESSIVE

If Gainey's looking for bonding, I think he should take them all out drinking, and get them plastered to the level where they all tell each other how much they love each other... maybe after that they'll start playing as a team.

GO HABS GO!

Well is seems this road trip isnt helping the habs. Getting smoked in two back to back games, wont help a teams confidence in anyway. Philli tonight, then ottawa tomorrow, two of the top 3 teams in the east, and its a big test for every player on the team. If the habs lose them both, expect there to be some new faces in the lineup by the time the habs return tuesday night to face and get revenge on the 'Canes. First off ive been reading some posts being put up and i'd like to just make a general reply to some of them now. Samsonov will not come here, why do we need a small forward whos injury prone for the playoffs. I'd rather throw anyone of our young guys on the ice before him. Second, were never gonna get Luongo, Bowmeester or Nathan Horton. These guys are the future of Florida, and unless Mike Keenan is smoking something im not, he'd be an idiot to trade any one of them come deadline. Mark Bell is always an option because hes a perfect example of what we need, a power-forward whos not afraid of much and can put the puck in the net. Even tho Bertuzzi wont agree to it, he knows he wants a change of scenery, but i cant see Gainey picking him up. If you look at what Gainey has done for the habs since signing on, we cant put any pressure on him to fire the gun on certain players. He knows what hes doing and knowing him, hes gonna get a steal of a pick, and get a great player to join the habs top two lines. Also im seeing these lines of the future, and personally, i dont agree on where you guys are heading with these. Most of you have Latendress on the top line. I think this guy is overated, and yes he had a solid pre-season but hes not tearing up the Q like he should be, and he was benched while on team canada quite a few times for his poor play and lack of leadership. I dont see him as a 1st line player.... Getting back to tonight, HABS-PHILI...Esche is expected to start, and what ive been hearing is not to expect Theo in net tonight as he gets the nod vs. the sens. Ivanans has been called up to join the 4th line, and his size is much needed against the Big flyers. Tonight expect to see Komiserek step it up. He has been underachieving this season with a brutal Plus/Minus, and with his size he needs to step it up. The habs have been bonding since the loss to the canes and expect them to come out tonight skating shooting and bringing that agressiveness that we saw back in October.

If Gainey's looking for bonding, I think he should take them all out drinking, and get them plastered to the level where they all tell each other how much they love each other... maybe after that they'll start playing as a team.

GO HABS GO!

or they all beat the living piss out of each other....

or they all beat the living piss out of each other....

Who cares as long as they play to their potential tonight. Is there any better way to get out a slump than to beat the loathsome Flyers? I think I hate them more than Toronto :puke: